Baseball Thread

Kert

But on a serious note... This Lockout is obviously not good. It was bad enough that we lost fans after the 1994 Strike; this could be the beginning of the end for MLB as we know it (I know it sounds overdramatic, but between the expensive prices, COVID negotiations and politics, the exodus may have just started) . 😱 The only silver lining is that since this happened in the Offseason, the two sides can negotiate without having to truncate the schedule. If they can work out a deal by the New Year, we can start Spring Training on time, and it'll [almost] be like nothing ever happened.

Resign, Manfred. 😐 I do not want to see MLB go extinct.

Edited by ShortstopVM

• 3 months later...

LMFAO. :fail:This is one of the stupidest tweets I saw. 🙄

The Universal DH is a thing now. And don't forget the nonsense coming in 2023: banning of shifts, pitch clock, larger bases (making the distance in between less than 90'). And don't get me started on the Apple TV+ deal, which eliminates local TV broadcasts should their respective team get selected that week.

Is Baseball really back? 🤔

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If the Washington Nationals are outplaying stinking up the joint less than you, you're doing something wrong. 🙄

I don't know what the :censored: I've been watching the first six weeks of the season, but it's definitely NOT Mets Baseball... 😐 

• 4 weeks later...

After watching that atrocity, it's time that the Mets make a few coaching changes (and maybe some roster changes). We blew a three-run lead on three consecutive nights and lost ALL three games. :wacko: 

A team with Scherzer, Verlander, Alonso, Lindor, McNeil, and Marte are now 8.5 games out of First Place. :argh: That's not okay.

This cannot go unpunished. 🙄

Edited by ShortstopVM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Vlad Jr on getting his long-awaited HR Derby Title. :yes: 

I'm just glad that Julio Rodriguez didn't win. :giggle: Nothing against him; he defeated Pete Alonso fair-and-square (and I'm sure that J-Rod a class act), but the amount of fans who were over-the-moon to see Alonso fail, just simply rubbed me the wrong way. 🙄 #sour

• Like 1