Normani Appreciation Thread

jdanton2

59 minutes ago, Camren said:

What's the story about this movie? Glad, she got the opportunity to be a part of this project. Good for her. 

Anything new about her debut album? 

no news about the album . a little about the movie.

Four interconnected stories set in 1987 Oakland, CA. will tell about the love of music, movies, people, places and memories beyond our knowable universe.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jdanton2 said:

Normani finished filming her movie.she is still not listed under IMDB though.  according to this it sounds like she is one of the leads.

that's great if she's a lead, she should get the IMDB page updated, it should at least be listed as upcoming, I think she can do that herself? My daughter used to help her ex boyfriend update his page

new song coming!whether it is hit single material we will have to wait and see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jdanton2 said:

new song coming!whether it is hit single material we will have to wait and see.

people on the other board keep saying candy paint is still coming also, she needs some radio friendly music out

Normani's first tweet in awhile . hope we get more info on the songs coming next month from the Proud Family.

• Like 1

from an insider site . could be fake or maybe not.

• Like 1

a song that Normani could have released but was givin away.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

new song tomorrow from the Proud Family.

edit

this clip has the lead up to the performance.

Edited by jdanton2
  • Like 1

article about it.Normani co wrote the song.

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/proud-family-louder-and-prouder-normani-video-49071231

Normani Is a '90s Star in Exclusive "Proud Family: Louder and Prouder" Season 2 Clip

Sabienna-Bowman-avatar.jpg January 31, 2023 by Sabienna Bowman

Get ready to meet The Soul Vibrations. Season two of "The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder" will introduce Oscar (Tommy Davidson) and Uncle Bobby's (Cedric the Entertainer) '90s band, which also includes Giselle, voiced by none other than singer Normani. And yes, Normani will sing in the nostalgic episode that sees Penny (Kyla Pratt) and her pals discovering her uncle's musical backstory.

In an exclusive clip shared by Disney+, Uncle Bobby recounts how he was in the middle of the best concert of his life when a big wave interrupted his flow. "That weekend at Boogie on the Beach was the best performance I ever done," Uncle Bobby says. "I was killing it. No way Hammer could have followed me, I was too legit to quit."

Sadly for Uncle Bobby, a "big monsoon of a wave" knocked him off his surfboard mid song, leaving the crowd stunned. That's where Normani comes in. She saves the day by singing a smooth R&B slow song called "You're Lucky I Let You Love Me," which the 26-year-old cowrote with Kurt Farquhar (the songwriter behind the original "Proud Family" theme song).

In the episode, which shares its name with Uncle Bobby's fictional band, Penny and her crew stumble across her uncle's musical history after they stand in line waiting to buy tickets to Giselle's concert. Once they realize they have a connection to the famous singer, they make it their mission to find out why the band split in the first place. But finding the truth isn't easy when Oscar and Bobby can't seem to agree on what happened themselves.

All episodes of "The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder" season two will be streaming on Disney+ Feb. 1. Check out the exclusive clip above for a preview of Normani as Giselle.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jdanton2 said:

article about it.Normani co wrote the song.

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/proud-family-louder-and-prouder-normani-video-49071231

Normani Is a '90s Star in Exclusive "Proud Family: Louder and Prouder" Season 2 Clip

Sabienna-Bowman-avatar.jpg January 31, 2023 by Sabienna Bowman

Get ready to meet The Soul Vibrations. Season two of "The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder" will introduce Oscar (Tommy Davidson) and Uncle Bobby's (Cedric the Entertainer) '90s band, which also includes Giselle, voiced by none other than singer Normani. And yes, Normani will sing in the nostalgic episode that sees Penny (Kyla Pratt) and her pals discovering her uncle's musical backstory.

In an exclusive clip shared by Disney+, Uncle Bobby recounts how he was in the middle of the best concert of his life when a big wave interrupted his flow. "That weekend at Boogie on the Beach was the best performance I ever done," Uncle Bobby says. "I was killing it. No way Hammer could have followed me, I was too legit to quit."

Sadly for Uncle Bobby, a "big monsoon of a wave" knocked him off his surfboard mid song, leaving the crowd stunned. That's where Normani comes in. She saves the day by singing a smooth R&B slow song called "You're Lucky I Let You Love Me," which the 26-year-old cowrote with Kurt Farquhar (the songwriter behind the original "Proud Family" theme song).

In the episode, which shares its name with Uncle Bobby's fictional band, Penny and her crew stumble across her uncle's musical history after they stand in line waiting to buy tickets to Giselle's concert. Once they realize they have a connection to the famous singer, they make it their mission to find out why the band split in the first place. But finding the truth isn't easy when Oscar and Bobby can't seem to agree on what happened themselves.

All episodes of "The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder" season two will be streaming on Disney+ Feb. 1. Check out the exclusive clip above for a preview of Normani as Giselle.

that's cool, she'll get more credits then. I had never heard of the show before Normani joined it

a bit over a minute of the song here. thought it was going to be released today besides the performance in the show.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 9:29 PM, istersay said:

maybe will be out friday?

still not released. Normani at  Beyonce's  pre Grammy event today.

Edited by jdanton2
  • Like 1

more pics.

Normani's mother teasing of things coming.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

5 years ago today Normani released her first single after the 5H breakup and it was a hit.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, istersay said:

she changed her name on instagram??

sfgerg.JPG.ca6ca02db4efc3d22a7318b33ea6faf8.JPG

it still says Normani for me.

https://www.instagram.com/normani/

59 minutes ago, istersay said:

:lmao: she changed it back

why can't she spend her time posting to fans instead of stuff like this, unless she got hacked

hope it means something is coming and she was teasing . though based on this diss  from a songwriter Normani has worked with i am not sure.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

hope it means something is coming and she was teasing . though based on this diss  from a songwriter Normani has worked with i am not sure.

yikes so she avoids even the people she works with lol

4 hours ago, istersay said:

yikes so she avoids even the people she works with lol

Normani  replied.

• Haha 1