General song suggestions for the Top 10?

Nuzzo

Haven’t seen a general song suggestion thread in a while, so I’m gonna create one here.

For context, I genuinely believe this is one of the strongest set of finalists AI has put together at this stage of the competition. Every one remaining has put forward a performance that I’d consider at least very very good, and this is coming from a chronically online grouch in his early 30s who’s been following this show for longer than some of the current cast has been alive.

My song suggestions are geared towards slightly out of the box picks that think could give the contestant a shot at a genuine Idol moment, because I do believe this season has the potential to create a LOT of those.

1. Will - Stay (Sugarland) or Jealous (Labyrinth)

2. Triston - Fast Car (Tracy Chapman) or Old Man (Neil Young)

3. Mia - A Case of You (Joni Mitchell) or Stay (Sara Bareilles)

4. Abi - Yellow (Coldplay) or In the Stars (Benson Boone)

5. McKenna - Best Part (Daniel Caesar) or Space Cowboy (Kacey Musgraves)

6. KB - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow (Carole King) or idontwannabeyouanymore (Billie Eilish)

7. Julia - Make it Rain (Foy Vance/Ed Sheeran) or Always Remember Us This Way (Lady Gaga)

8. Jack - The Blower’s Daughter (Damien Rice) or XO (Beyoncé)

9. Kayko - Losing my Religion (REM) or Love Lockdown (Kanye West)

10. Emmy - Thinkin Bout You (Frank Ocean) or Winter (Tori Amos)

I’ll come back to this post later to add some additional thoughts.

Edited by Nuzzo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, idolfan1234 said:

The theme is "Songs from Your Birth Year" so a lot of these won't work.

he made the thread for song suggestions in general, not just this week.

i agree that this is a really strong Top 10 and there are a lot of cool suggestions in this post! Emmy on Thinkin' Bout You and Jack on XO particularly sound super interesting. 

I continue to want to hear Abi cover Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God) by Kate Bush so badly. I'd also love to hear her cover Yesterday by The Beatles, Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) by the Eurythmics, Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey, Love Is Blindness by Jack White, Love the Way You Lie by Eminem featuring Rihanna, Arcade by Duncan Laurence, The Power of Good-Bye by Madonna, A Thousand Years by Christina Perri, The Scientist by Coldplay, Ordinary World by Duran Duran and Symphony by Clean Bandit featuring Zara Larsson. I'd really like to hear McKenna cover Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper, Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles, Son of a Preacher Man by Dusty Springfield, either The First Cut Is The Deepest or Sweet Child O' Mine by Sheryl Crow and either Dreams or Everywhere by Fleetwood Mac. And I'd really like to hear Abi or KB cover Heathens by Twenty One Pilots. I wish All The Small Things or Adam's Song by Blink-182 had come out in 2000 instead of 1999 so Kayko might be able to perform one of them before he's most likely eliminated. But, alas.

Edited by Winterfan