The Amazing Race 36

Alex95

2 minutes ago, kamil24 said:

Is it fair that they basically lost because production didn't follow them on a turn and got lost? 

Sorta kinda? It's very classic TAR. TAR is a lot of luck and they're pretty clear in the rules that even if things out of your control happen, it's on you. In TAR 2 it's heavily rumored that Blake & Paige were supposed to be out second, but it was due to their car breaking down. So Paige threatened to sue and they gave them a time credit which spared them. So following that, they made it clear in the rules that if your car breaks down or if something out of your control happens to you, they'll fix it for you but you won't receive a time credit for it. So Angie just veered a bit too far from the production car, but she knew the rules and that they'd have to wait for the car to catch up before continuing, since it is a tv show first.

So is it fair? Not really. But is it consistent with the TAR rules? Most certainly.

Looks like TAR is getting a break this fall. I’m not loving this season, but I think the forced 90 minute episodes + COVID protocols for what was planned as 60 minute episodes are the problem. I think casting was pretty good this season, just got unlucky that the most boring teams are refusing to die.

Hopefully they take a break, come back with no COVID restrictions so they can actually travel outside one continent, keep up the good casting, and design legs meant for 90 minutes and not 60.

Finally got the time to sit down and watch the episode. I didn't expect to write so many thoughts but I did so towards the second half of the episode. :haha: 

- Aww I was so happy for Ms. Angie getting a tennis challenge on this episode. And seeing her slay that roadbloack! ❤️
- Oooof dangg how much I wish Rod had done the tennis roadblock over Letiticia. She struggled at first but happy that she did eventually get through it.
- Loving the Rihanna mentions now that they are in Barbados. And insane that they got to visit her hometown/home. 😮
- OMMGGG I died at Angie asking "who's Rihanna?" :dead: Don't make me remove my fan card, Ms. Angie! But shammee on Danny not being able to sing one of her songs to her. :haha: I know he could do so! :haha: 
- Dangg it's so sad and unfortunate how Angie & Danny lost their crew and they could do nothing but wait about it. :( It would be really messed up if this gets them eliminated when they were doing so good this leg. :/
- Also it wasn't fun seeing the more fun teams like Rod & Leticia and Amber & Vinny struggling at different spots in the episode. :( 
- It's very interesting how Juan & Shane wee the only team to do a different detour from the other teams. But ugh I think this was a good decision on their parts which could save them from last place. And dangg.... seeing how they went from 6th to 2nd with them doing that detour was INSANE. Ugh not a fan of that as they were one of the teams I was wantingto go, lol. Oh well, always next week. :giggle:
- Ugh nooo, now Yvonne & Melissa beat Rod & Leticia and Angie & Danny in this detour. :( Guess gotta hope for them to get lost in traveling to the pit stop.  
- Ugh Rod & Leticia are doing so bad with this detour. I bet this is the end for them. :broken: Happy they figured out their problem but not a fan of this Bottom 2.
- Aww I felt so bad for Danny in that scene where he looked like he knew it was over even though he was trying to remain positive that it isn't over. :(
- Ugh Yvonne & Melissa got 4th so it's officially over for one of Rod & Leticia or Angie & Danny. :( Gonnna be sad no matter who goes.
- Dang Rod & Leticia got stuck in mud. Not good for them. But okay, I'm happy that didn't affect them to much and pleased for them making it through.
- Ughh I am so sad for Angie & Danny coming in last this episode. :( Yayy another favorite of mine goes this week. 🙂 They were doing so good in this leg. It's real messed up and unfortunate how they lost their crew / their crew lost them and they had to stop for awhile... ughh. :/ Sad for them, but I LOVE their positive and uplifting attitudes with how they did on the race. They have such a sweet mother/son relationship... and they were a cute and fun team to watch and root for. I'll miss them.

On 5/1/2024 at 6:48 PM, *Wallace said:

Won't be able to watch this tonight, but hoping this will be a good episode. Will catch up on this later.

Welp this post aged well. :closedeyes:

On 5/1/2024 at 7:03 PM, QueenKalie said:

Who's Rihanna. Wally is going to have a meltdown when he watches this episode. :dead:

I sure did! :dead: Nearly was gonna remove my fan card for Angie. :dead: LOL JK.

On 5/1/2024 at 7:51 PM, Alex95 said:

Leticia when she gets loud >>>>>>

She's so fun when she gets feisty. :giggle: 

On 5/1/2024 at 7:56 PM, Alex95 said:

Tough way to lose Angie & Danny :(

Ugh it really is. :( 

On 5/2/2024 at 7:09 AM, kamil24 said:

Is it fair that they basically lost because production didn't follow them on a turn and got lost? 

It doesn't seem fair. :/ But with Alex's post on it, I get it and makes sense, I guess.

On 5/2/2024 at 12:56 PM, Alex95 said:

Looks like TAR is getting a break this fall. I’m not loving this season, but I think the forced 90 minute episodes + COVID protocols for what was planned as 60 minute episodes are the problem. I think casting was pretty good this season, just got unlucky that the most boring teams are refusing to die.

Hopefully they take a break, come back with no COVID restrictions so they can actually travel outside one continent, keep up the good casting, and design legs meant for 90 minutes and not 60.

I'm fine with a TAR break in the fall and just having one season this year. I agree with your comments on this season and the whole 60/90 minutes stuff. Hopefully these 90-minute episodes will work better for the next season as it becomes a struggle with less teams (aka the fun teams going out early).

I don't have much hopes for TAR tonight as I keep losing all of my favorites here, but let's see how this goes. 

Also wow, I totally forgot that next week is the final. The show being down to the Final 5 right now threw me off as I'm so used to 3 teams in the final. :haha: