Dec 3rd ...Opry Country Christmas...and Opry Invitation Coverage

buttons66

https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2023/12/04/scotty-mccreery-invited-by-garth-brooks-to-become-newest-grand-ole-opry-member/71798225007/

Scotty McCreery invited by Garth Brooks to become newest Grand Ole Opry member

During its Country Christmas show, Garth Brooks invited multi-platinum selling American Idol winner Scotty McCreery to become a Grand Ole Opry member.

QUOTE .........

"We're thrilled to extend this much-anticipated invitation to our friend Scotty," said Opry Executive Producer Dan Rogers.

"Whether he's on the Opry performing his hits, putting his spin on some old favorites during a performance on one of our Opry Country Classics shows, or offering a holiday set as he did tonight, Scotty consistently delivers and is always at home on the Opry stage. It'll be exciting to hear the words' Scotty McCreery, you're a member of the Grand Ole Opry!' in the early days of 2024."

McCreery's induction date will be announced soon.

Edited by buttons66
  • Like 3

•  

We’re all still in shock from last night’s Opry when @garthbrooks walked out after the 3rd song of our Christmas set and invited @scottymccreery to be the newest member of the Grand Ole Opry. I don’t feel deserving to even stand on the same stage for this historic moment, but I couldn’t be more grateful or proud. Congratulations, Scotty.

• Like 1

Edited by buttons66
  • Like 1

• buttons66 changed the title to Dec 3rd ...Opry Country Christmas...and Opry Invitation Coverage
Scotty met Garth and his daughter August, in Las Vegas in 2013 after Garth’s show at the Wynn. They have remained friends though the years. Garth would later ask Scotty to open for him in Sioux Falls. As fate would have it, Scotty’s current publicist and day to day mgr, Scott Stem, worked for Garth over a decade. Kudos to Scott Stem for coordinating all of this! It was no small feat and was in the works for several months! Garth was so generous with his time to fly in from Las Vegas ( and back to LA today) to be Scotty’s surprise presenter. A moment we will never forget!
  • Like 4

•  

Last night was one of the greatest nights of my life. I wish I could tell that 10 year old boy singing The Dance on the edge of his bed at 2 in the morning, that one day @garthbrooks would invite him to become a member of the Grand Ole Opry! Still doesn’t feel real.
    Thank you @opry, for the honor of a lifetime🙏🏼 Proud to be a part of the family.

❤️ Avery is totally impressed with Garth ..❤️

Image_NNN5.png

Image_NNN7.png

Image_NNN6.png

Edited by buttons66
  • Like 4