Eurovision Song Contest 2024

paparizouqueen

Posted (edited)

And here I go...An absolute dead-heat at the very top! 😮🤩

11 points each for Croatia and Italy (9.71)

8 points for Switzerland (9.69)

7 points for France (9.66)

6 points for Norway (9.64)

5 points for Ireland (9.62)

4 points for Greece (9.61)

3 points for Ukraine (9.59)

2 points for Estonia (9.58)

1 point for Austria (9.57)

Portugal 9.56, Armenia 9.56, Luxembourg 9.50, Latvia 9.49, United Kingdom 9.49;

Lithuania 9.48, Georgia 9.47, Slovenia 9.45, Spain 9.45, Sweden 9.44;

Serbia 9.43, Israel 9.40, Cyprus 9.40, Finland 9.39, Germany 9.39.

When I score this contest, I use 10 criteria.  I apply the scores and I never look at them again when I move on the the next performer.  As it turned out, every category matched, score-for-score, between Croatia and Italy.

Edited by CookyMonzta
  • Like 1

Congrats to Switzerland, bring on next year's Eurovision.

I'm really tired of seeing Eurovision fans complaining that their favourite song didn't win Eurovision.

Yes, it's a song contest but it's also a showcase of songs from European countries that we only get once a year. (United By Music.)

I'm glad I was not the only one who noticed this.

The majority of the people in the comments do agree that the majority were cheering and clapping. They also agree that the booing was more noticeable at the start and the end when she was beginning to sing/stopped singing, but as the performance continued, the cheers got louder and louder.

One of the commentators said that there were boos for her during the rehearsal package, and that's the video circulating. But in the actual performance, cheers were way louder than boos. And you can't convince me that producers have access to the phones of the audience members and they can control the humungous boos there too.

This is what I call getting BOOED. :haha:

In all seriousness, I've never watched Eurovision. I don't know the rules. But this controversy got me into it a little bit. I didn't like most of the songs. And in some cases, I wasn't a fan of their voice/tone. I don't know if it's a popular/evenly divided/unpop opinion on IDF, but I liked Eden the most.

This is one of the most beautiful voices I've heard in my life. Initially, I thought the producers probably edited the performance on YT videos (as they mostly do), but then I saw her live videos. And she's even better live.

She has 762k monthly listeners rn, and 5.7M listens for Hurricane. This controversy may have helped her lmao. Because I think many people (like me) would have never known about her performance if it wasn't for the hate she received from some people.

• Like 2

UK at 0? LOL

The results of the people's votes: Croatia 337, Israel 323, Ukraine 307, Switzerland 236, France 227, Ireland 136, Italy 104, Greece 85, Armenia 82, Lithuania 58, Sweden 49, Cyprus 44, Estonia 33, Serbia 32, Finland 31, Latvia 28, Luxemburg 20, Georgia 19, Germany 18, Portugal 13, Slovenia 12, Spain 11, Austria 5, Norway 4, United Kingdom 0.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

UK at 0? LOL

The results of the people's votes: Croatia 337, Israel 323, Ukraine 307, Switzerland 236, France 227, Ireland 136, Italy 104, Greece 85, Armenia 82, Lithuania 58, Sweden 49, Cyprus 44, Estonia 33, Serbia 32, Finland 31, Latvia 28, Luxemburg 20, Georgia 19, Germany 18, Portugal 13, Slovenia 12, Spain 11, Austria 5, Norway 4, United Kingdom 0.

I have been seeing a lot of comments on social media by Brits about their placement, and it seems they are acknowledging that they deserved to be dead last. Maybe I do need to watch UK's song/performance. Should be fun.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I'm glad I was not the only one who noticed this.

The majority of the people in the comments do agree that the majority were cheering and clapping. They also agree that the booing was more noticeable at the start and the end when she was beginning to sing/stopped singing, but as the performance continued, the cheers got louder and louder.

One of the commentators said that there were boos for her during the rehearsal package, and that's the video circulating. But in the actual performance, cheers were way louder than boos. And you can't convince me that producers have access to the phones of the audience members and they can control the humungous boos there too.

This is what I call getting BOOED. :haha:

I have friends that went to the final and trust me, is INSANE the people hating her, and the technology they used also was used for Russia when they participated because the public was angry with them the last years... i hope the next year this situation ends because it was a sad moment and can enjoy the contest 😟

I'm very happy Switzerland won!! the performance, the voice and the song is the best combination of the night and they deserved, the people don't understand that a 50% jury 50% televote means that some years wins the public, other the jury favourite and other none of these two but had more points at the end, let's see in which city they want to host it in switzerland, i hope for Bern or Zurich

The UK getting a 0 from the public with a INSANELY famous person LOL haha

• Like 1

And here is the real part where you can here the boo from the people when the executive supervisor appears

The first ratings across europe are coming, in my country Spain 41,8% (4.8 M) and the voting part reach the 52,1% (5.4 M)

In Italy the second most watched year after being the host in 2022

Germany 36,8% and 7.3 M

Imagen

And France with Slimane and the 4th place 36,8 % and 5.4 M viewers vs the voice with 2.1 M viewers and 11,7% 

Imagen

9 minutes ago, paparizouqueen said:

I have friends that went to the final and trust me, is INSANE the people hating her, and the technology they used also was used for Russia when they participated because the public was angry with them the last years... i hope the next year this situation ends because it was a sad moment and can enjoy the contest 😟

I'm very happy Switzerland won!! the performance, the voice and the song is the best combination of the night and they deserved, the people don't understand that a 50% jury 50% televote means that some years wins the public, other the jury favourite and other none of these two but had more points at the end, let's see in which city they want to host it in switzerland, i hope for Bern or Zurich

The UK getting a 0 from the public with a INSANELY famous person LOL haha

When I hear UK people in WWE shows, or in other sports, it gives me the impression that they have some of the best singing voices in the world. Don't know what happened here. They need to step up their game tiin Eurovision big time.

You are right about the technology. They definitely used it in the official YT videos. I don't blame them. They want the viewers to have a good experience listening to the contestants.

I've seen some people say that most people booed her. Then I also saw people say most people cheered her. I think it depends on which section you sit. It isn't like a 500 people gathering. There were thousands and thousands of people. And it's possible that someone is getting booed by majority in some regions but the opposite is happening in the other.

I probably won't know exactly. So I'll leave it at that. 

But good thing for her is that she gained a lot of fans through this process. Her numbers on Spotify are great. Her yt video official video has millions of views. Her recent videos on Eurovision have gotten a lot of views as well. 

2 minutes ago, paparizouqueen said:

And here is the real part where you can here the boo from the people when the executive supervisor appears

The first ratings across europe are coming, in my country Spain 41,8% (4.8 M) and the voting part reach the 52,1% (5.4 M)

In Italy the second most watched year after being the host in 2022

Germany 36,8% and 7.3 M

Imagen

And France with Slimane and the 4th place 36,8 % and 5.4 M viewers vs the voice with 2.1 M viewers and 11,7% 

Imagen

This is one of those videos I talked about that was circulating that got boos. Because when I compare it to the live videos where eden performed, there is a huge difference in the intensity of boos.

I'm glad she was the top vote getter from public. Winning wouldn't have matter that much anyways. She can still be a big star without being the "Eurovision winner."

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

When I hear UK people in WWE shows, or in other sports, it gives me the impression that they have some of the best singing voices in the world. Don't know what happened here. They need to step up their game tiin Eurovision big time.

You are right about the technology. They definitely used it in the official YT videos. I don't blame them. They want the viewers to have a good experience listening to the contestants.

I've seen some people say that most people booed her. Then I also saw people say most people cheered her. I think it depends on which section you sit. It isn't like a 500 people gathering. There were thousands and thousands of people. And it's possible that someone is getting booed by majority in some regions but the opposite is happening in the other.

But good thing for her is that she gained a lot of fans through this process. Her numbers on Spotify are great. Her yt video official video has millions of views. Her recent videos on Eurovision have gotten a lot of views as well. 

This is one of those videos I talked about that was circulating that got boos. Because when I compare it to the live videos where eden performed, there is a huge difference in the intensity of boos.

I'm glad she was the top vote getter from public. Winning wouldn't have matter that much anyways. She can still be a big star without being the "Eurovision winner."

In 2022 Rosa Linn represented Armenia she came 20th with "Snap" and she ended very famous!! but Maneskin win in 2021 is very iconic!! i hope now you enter in this eurovision world trust me, when you enter you don't want to get out, if you want something to know about the contest, rules and voting system how it works, historic moments, etc ask me 😃

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, paparizouqueen said:

In 2022 Rosa Linn represented Armenia she came 20th with "Snap" and she ended very famous!! but Maneskin win in 2021 is very iconic!! i hope now you enter in this eurovision world trust me, when you enter you don't want to get out, if you want something to know about the contest, rules and voting system how it works, historic moments, etc ask me 😃

Yeah, sure. I'd like to know some of the best songs (according to you) that came out of Eurovision. I only know about FairlyTale because my sister used to play that non stop.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Yeah, sure. I'd like to know some of the best songs (according to you) that came out of Eurovision. I only know about FairlyTale because my sister used to play that non stop.

Here i leave some, first the winner from this year (t'm looking for the videos outside of the eurovision channel because in some places had region restrictions

Where Lena the coach from the voice Germany won the contest in 2010

Conchita from Austria the winner in 2014, i think this is going to be you're favourite

Later can recommend you more because i don't know what kind of music do you prefer to see😀

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, paparizouqueen said:

Here i leave some, first the winner from this year (t'm looking for the videos outside of the eurovision channel because in some places had region restrictions

Where Lena the coach from the voice Germany won the contest in 2010

Conchita from Austria the winner in 2014, i think this is going to be you're favourite

Thanks for posting all these. I'll give them a listen.

Later can recommend you more because i don't know what kind of music do you prefer to see😀

I mostly listen to pop, but sometimes country and rock as well. In singing competitions, I love the performances given by r&b singers, but I don't listen to it outside the shows. 

There are some songs that are from a lot of other genres, like, idie, jazz, metal, etc that I like, but these are exceptions... I don't normally listen to these genres.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Thanks for posting all these. I'll give them a listen.

I mostly listen to pop, but sometimes country and rock as well. In singing competitions, I love the performances given by r&b singers, but I don't listen to it outside the shows. 

There are some songs that are from a lot of other genres, like, idie, jazz, metal, etc that I like, but these are exceptions... I don't normally listen to these genres.

Country? Netherlands 2014 2nd place that year, the performance begin 0:28 and the second video is the same but in the official eurovision channel, please say me if you can watch it to include the videos from there because in some places are locked in some regions and i prefer for the quality of the video 

Australia 2016 2nd place is a MUST

Latvia 2015 6th place, very mystical and dark

Jazz and r&b? Italy 2011 (2nd place) and Hungary 2007 (9th place)

Something more authentic i love the violins and the estonian language here (Estonia 2009, 6th place)

And Armenia 2009 another bop with Armenian flavour (10th place) 

6 minutes ago, paparizouqueen said:

Country? Netherlands 2014 2nd place that year, the performance begin 0:28 and the second video is the same but in the official eurovision channel, please say me if you can watch it to include the videos from there because in some places are locked in some regions and i prefer for the quality of the video 

Australia 2016 2nd place is a MUST

Latvia 2015 6th place, very mystical and dark

Jazz and r&b? Italy 2011 (2nd place) and Hungary 2007 (9th place)

Something more authentic i love the violins and the estonian language here (Estonia 2009, 6th place)

And Armenia 2009 another bop with Armenian flavour (10th place) 

Thanks.

All of these videos are available to me.

13 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

She was actually 2nd, as Baby Lasagna from Croatia took the televote title, in finishing 2nd overall to Nemo.

Word has it that the airport in Zagreb was packed with thousands of people to greet him.  Because of him, and maybe Let 3 last year, people will see Croatia less as a perennial cellar-dweller and more as a real contender in the future.

• Like 1

This tells you that social media isn't reality. Nemo's video with 11M views has 125k likes/120k dislikes. A vast majority of the 36k comments are negative. There are comments with 10k, 20k, and even 50k likes that said he didn't deserve to win.

But all that doesn't mean anything in real world because he did indeed win.

• Like 1