15     Luxembourg    Tali    "Fighter"

Goodluck next year  to those countrys

6     Poland    Luna    "The Tower"
8     Iceland    Hera Björk    "Scared of Heights"
11     Moldova    Natalia Barbu    "In the Middle"
12     Azerbaijan    Fahree feat. Ilkin Dovlatov    "Özünlə apar"
13     Australia    Electric Fields    "One Milkali (One Blood)"

Next show is on Thursday  night  

thursday night, but for me the same time as today?

1 minute ago, istersay said:

yes  same time  21:00 cet   the seni2 starts  or if you like watch the #pre-show#  then its 20:00 cet on SVT1 🙂 

Semifinal 1

Cyprus-8/10, Lots of energy, great melody, very catchy, would have wanted a bigger climax.

Serbia- 6.5/10- I loved how ethereal it was, and the staging was immaculate. It’s not a song I’ll come back too, and I don’t think it’ll catch the minds of voters because of memorability lacking.

Lithuania- 9/10- This was a total smash hit. It got me dancing, and up out of my chair. This is one to watch for.

Ireland- 4/10- This was like a cult anthem. I was very confused and left mouth widened. Why did Ireland send this??

UK: 7.5/10- Great melody, bridge was lacking a bit and I found it repetitive and lyrics a bit uninspired but potential.

Ukraine: 8.5/10- Couldn’t understand a word, but I really enjoyed the song’s arrangement and the rap second half and duet. Catchy song too.

Poland: 9/10- The first half was a bit slow to start, but wow that chorus HITSSS HARDDD. I loved it, I’m gonna be singing it the whole day.

Croatia: 8.5/10- This was a total mess I feel but it was a VIBE I DONT EVEN KNOW IT WAS A GUILTY PLEASURE LOL. Sure it may be a bit annoying but at the same time it was crazy fun.

Iceland: 7.5/10- I think this was good but it needed a bit of a stronger hook. It sounded like it’d be a Kelly Clarkson song, I did enjoy it though and how pop it was.

Germany: 10/10- This was PERFECT. No other words. My winner of the contest right now.

Slovenia: 7.5/10- It was ok. Some parts were a bit weird and overproduced I feel at times.

Finland: 3.5/10- I hated this so much. It felt like a parody song, and the choreography was just awful. Annoying through and through.

Moldova: 8/10- Really enjoyed this, it was different, had a cool climax with the whistles, and the bass and beat were iconic!!! 

Sweden: 9.5/10- This was a total smash hit!!! Seems like boy band days, it would be the #1 hit!!! 

Azerbaijan: 6/10- Didn’t feel much from this one. It was fine, but not really very interesting melodically or energy wise.

Australia: 8/10- Catchy, unique song from Australia! I really loved the instrumentals in this one, to get higher I would’ve loved more audience engagement and more surprising ending.

Portugal: 8/10- I thought it was great! Lots of surprising moments, strong melody, well done!

Luxembourg: 10/10- THIS WAS SO GOOD IM SPEECHLESSSS CATCHIEST BEAT OF THE NIGHT, another potential winner.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, istersay said:

Exactly, 3pm eastern time

Very good show, and very deserved finalists, i love Poland in studio but the live performance was a mess...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Remember in the semifinal 2 on thursday, Nutsa Buzaladze from American Idol is going to represent her home country Georgia!! i´m going to vote for her, their last final was in 2016 so long!!

Edited by paparizouqueen
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, paparizouqueen said:

Exactly, 3pm eastern time

Very good show, and very deserved finalists, i love Poland in studio but the live performance was a mess...

It was entertaining even if all the songs are not my fave, the stages and everything else is fun to watch

• Like 1

8 hours ago, istersay said:

lol I didn't like Ireland to much but they made it

Yeah, their song is terrible this year. 

The 2nd semi final should be interesting. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

And here I go...

9.40 (11) Cyprus

My benchmark for the contenders yet to come; and when all was said and done, I thought Silia was riding the razor's edge more toward defeat.  Not every performance centered around dance gets an easy pass.

9.45 (8) Serbia

Teya was a razor's edge non-qualifier for me before this contest started.  I have little doubt the stage setup changed her fortunes here.

9.52 (5) Lithuania

Where I think Silia was on the borderline, Silvester clearly was miles ahead simply because he put on a more convincing show; not to mention the music was more unique.

9.58 (2) Ireland

Should it be any surprise that Ireland qualified for the first time in 6 years?  Bambie Thug's performance is an example of theater done right on the Eurovision stage!  Will Bambie's sorcery earn Ireland its first top-5 spot in eons, if not steal the show?  Never again will they have to rely solely on generic pop tunes to qualify!

9.55 (4) Ukraine

Neither Alyona nor Jerry had to mention even one word in reference to the war to reinforce the concept of resilience; and this time, with a message to the girls and women fighting their own personal battles.  Lyrics definitely matter when the music is almost monotone in nature.

9.37 (13) Poland

This is the second time in 3 years (Rafał, 2021) that Poland sent synthwave to the Eurovision stage; and yet, they fail once again; and yet, Luna was way better.  I am disappointed with her stage, set design and wardrobe team, because they took the subgenre just a bit too far with that Flash Gordon outfit.  On top of that, they would have been better off bringing the dance routine from the music video to the stage.

9.70 (1) Croatia
When you have a rock song like this, always bring the band with you!  Should it be any surprise that audience participation was a foregone conclusion with the lyrics?  Baby Lasagna quite likely won the televote, and will probably do so again on Saturday.

9.37 (12) Iceland

The Söngvakeppnin voters played it safe (maybe too safe), snubbed Bashar Murad, sent Hera with a generic song, and it was quickly sent packing.  Would her backups on stage have helped?  Probably not.

9.45 (9) Slovenia

Someone on YouTube likened Raiven's music video performance to that of a vampire queen, much of which she brought to the Eurovision stage.  Bookies were ready to write her off.

9.34 (15) Finland

I sort of expected a repeat of the UMK stage performance; but I also expected that maybe Windows95man in the buff would chase away many of his would-be voters, with Henri's vocals unable to save them.  Be that as it may, the rave contingent has 2 in the final, with 3 more to go.

9.42 (10) Moldova

Given the stage design (which fit perfectly with the performance and violin solo), I thought Natalia would squeak in and steal a spot.  She might have had that chance if her team had also brought along her backup violinists.

9.49 (6) Azerbaijan

Big mistake it was for Fahree and Ilkin to leave their band (the keyboardist and 2 violinists) home.  It would have made for a much nicer and more convincing setting, just as those 2 videos (presentation and official music video) did.  But then again, did politics enter into the thoughts of the voters?  In any case, it is becoming quite a foregone conclusion that Azerbaijan can't qualify on televotes alone, and it remains to be seen if they participate next year.

9.35 (14) Australia

There is little doubt that Electric Fields' entry was being thoroughly compared to their 2019 national contest entry, "2000 And Whatever"; for which "One Milkali" failed on too many aspects.

9.56 (3) Portugal

Once again, with Portugal, less is more; and Iolanda and her team delivered; and I once thought the dance routine by the backups didn't fit the song.

9.47 (7) Luxembourg

Not quite the dance routine that was in the music video; but the song was strong enough that I expected Tali to qualify.

----------

9.53 United Kingdom

Taking a page from the Sergey Lazarev (Russia 2016) playbook, they kept the camera on the room for most of the performance, with the guys being tossed one way or the other when it tilts (or simulates a tilt).  Pretty appropriate for the song, and a big plus for Olly.

9.42 Germany

A burning steel barrel (later the whole room) goes quite well with the lyrics in the song.  But how will Isaak fare?  Right now, it's a toss-up between barely missing the top-half of the board (I doubt that it will finish as high as did Michael Schulte in 2018), and coughing up another bagel (as did Malik Harris in 2022).

9.45 Sweden

The fact that Marcus and Martinus are having trouble hitting the top 10 on the bookies' boards shows that not all dance-heavy performances (even by longtime top-contending nations) are guaranteed to finish that high.  As entertaining as it may be, this entry does not compare with Sweden's last 2.  Middle-of-the-pack is probably where they will end up.

Edited by CookyMonzta
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The top 3 most watched from last night are Croatia (1.2 Million) Ireland (1.2 Million) and Ukraine (1 Million) then much lower we have Poland and Finland with more than 500 K

I think the top 3 is clear from last night 🙂

And the UK contestant Olly Alexander in Kelly Clarkson Show

Edited by paparizouqueen
  • Like 2

08-05-2024

norway

nrk1
23:15
MGP - skjelettene i skapet    --- https://tv.nrk.no/program/MUHU31000023
23:45

sweden

svt1
23:30
Eurovision Song Contest 2024: Semifinal 1   -- https://www.svtplay.se/video/84dM4WW/eurovision-song-contest/semifinal-1?id=84dM4WW
01:45

denmark

tv2charlie
19:45
Med på noderne - Grand Prix special
20:25
ABBA - svensk musiks største stjerner
22:00
50 år med Abba
23:00
ABBA-Dabba-Dooo
00:10
ABBA In Concert
01:05

09-052024

germany

ard
22:50
ABBA - Die ganze Geschichte
00:20

denmark

dr1
14:25
ABBA - imod alle odds (2024)  -- https://www.dr.dk/drtv/se/abba-_-imod-alle-odds_449092
16:00
+
21:00
Eurovision Song Contest 2024: Semifinal 2  --- https://www.dr.dk/drtv/kanal/dr1_20875
23:20

norway
nrk1
19:30
Eventyret Abba   -- https://tv.nrk.no/program/KOID22008323
Eurovision Song Contest 2024: Semifinale 2  --- https://tv.nrk.no/serie/eurovision-song-contest/2024/MUHU34000224/avspiller
23:00

sweden
svt1
20:00
Eurovision Song Contest 2024 : Eurovision: Förfesten  -- https://www.svtplay.se/video/85dRgpG/eurovision-song-contest/forfest-semifinal-2
Eurovision Song Contest 2024: Semifinal 2  -- https://www.svtplay.se/video/eJyM7yA/eurovision-song-contest/semifinal-2
23:15

spain
rtve
FESTIVAL EUROVISION 2024
2ª Semifinal
21:00 - 23:00

here is a link to all the countrys (web-tv or live-tv) who compete on eurovision 2024

https://eurovision.tv/how-to-watch

pls go little down on this page
and you see the full list of countrys links to there live tv- or web-tv 

you can also watch live from EBU live tv

Posted (edited)

Commentators reaction (with english subtitles, you need to activate) to qualifying or non qualifying in Semifinal 1, some countries use different languagues and commentators that's why the moments for some countries repeats.

Edited by paparizouqueen

3 hours ago, paparizouqueen said:

Well today is the second semifinal and is going to be very interesting... 😐 last night was the rehearsal of the show and a lot of tension

if my memorys is not wrong

then EBU  can remove those   buuuuuuuuuhhhhh  and oter words will do in the show -becours they got the tecologi  to do that - i remember i have hear in a tv-news from the ebu  -- this was the same problems  with russia when they startet the wars 

23 minutes ago, world_idols said:

if my memorys is not wrong

then EBU  can remove those   buuuuuuuuuhhhhh  and oter words will do in the show -becours they got the tecologi  to do that - i remember i have hear in a tv-news from the ebu  -- this was the same problems  with russia when they startet the wars 

Yes, but I see the rehearsal with camera work and you can hear the people booing, so let's see tonight, in a few minutes begins the second semifinal or in peacock for americans or in one of the links world_idols leave here

3 minutes ago, istersay said:

has it started?

no not yet 🙂

in 5 minits the "pre-shows"  is starting at  svt1  time  20:00cet
and in 1 hours and 5 minits the semi 2 shows starst time 21:00 cet

• Like 1