Oliver Steele Fan Thread

jazzontherocks

4 hours ago, Starry_Night said:

🙂

I know it's just a dress rehearsal, but Oliver sounds much more relaxed and natural in this snippet than his Hollywood performances. I love his song choice, Jack Johnson is super underrated. AI tends to favor bombastic performers, but I'm hoping Oliver's chill vibe will stand out among the powerhouses this season.

Another video of him singing his Hawaii song....

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cg1fWXvDMn9/

• Like 2

On 4/13/2023 at 7:13 AM, Teraginn said:

I know it's just a dress rehearsal, but Oliver sounds much more relaxed and natural in this snippet than his Hollywood performances. I love his song choice, Jack Johnson is super underrated. AI tends to favor bombastic performers, but I'm hoping Oliver's chill vibe will stand out among the powerhouses this season.

Another video of him singing his Hawaii song....

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cg1fWXvDMn9/

I agree. I hope Oliver’s chill vibe will give audiences something refreshing. 😃

• Like 1

Aww that was a really cozy performance from Oliver! This is the most authentic and least 'Idol' performance I've heard from him so far, and I mean that as a compliment. I can see him making records with this kind of vibe and I'm all about it. I don't know if it will be enough to carry him to the next round though. But whatever, I enjoyed it. Vote for Oliver everyone!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Aww that was a really cozy performance from Oliver! This is the most authentic and least 'Idol' performance I've heard from him so far, and I mean that as a compliment. I can see him making records with this kind of vibe and I'm all about it. I don't know if it will be enough to carry him to the next round though. But whatever, I enjoyed it. Vote for Oliver everyone!

Oh i agree! He sounded like a full rounded artist already. Hope we can get him far 🥳

Welcome to the TOP 12, Oliver!!!!!!

Dang, going from 26 to 12 contestants in two nights is ROUGH, and you can tell it took a toll on a lot of people, including Oliver. His last two performances were not perfect vocally, but what he lacks in consistency he makes up for in tone and artistry. I'm glad he got a chance to showcase his original, and that it's doing well in the charts. I liked Too Soon, but IIBH, I think it's not an appropriate choice for AI at this juncture. I'm glad my misgivings were unfounded though, and his second song was so fun, he's leaning into the Teddyswims comparisons with that Shania song, and he seems a lot more relaxed in that performance because he was called safe. I hope he takes care of his voice and enjoys the moment because next week's race is going to be even tougher. #BeanieBaby here till the end!

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Lol I usually avoid this part of IDF nowadays. The last two discussion threads reminded me why.

then just hide in the fan threads like most of us do anyway!

missed y'all, hope you're feeling better ❤️ 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...