Dec 9th Berglund Center ~ Roanoke ~ VA

buttons66

I will be there!!  I was not going to be able to go to the original show because of my mother in laws memorial service, but when it was rescheduled I got tickets right away.  I think the tickets are by the side of the stage, near the front.  Hopefully I will get some good photos and video and will post here on Friday night when I get home.  We have moved from Charlotte and Roanoke is home for us now.

• Like 4

zIba4ff0GAEeIs2lWroKtyzwpvN9nuWPv6mf-YgT

BerglundCenterHORIZONTcolor.jpg

Celebrating 50 years of bringing the world’s best music to Southwest Virginia, and voted PLATINUM BEST LIVE MUSIC VENUE by The Roanoker Magazine, Berglund Center is a full-service entertainment facility located in the heart of Virginia’s Blue Ridge.  Endeavoring to provide an unparalleled live experience, the Center takes pride in furnishing exceptional customer service while entertaining audiences of all ages. Berglund Center continues to offer a full-service experience to our clients in one of our venues, including a 10,500 seat Coliseum, 2,150 seats Performing Arts Theatre, and a total of 60,000 square feet of exhibit space in Berglund Hall and the Special Events Center.  Clients of major trade shows, conventions, consumer shows, meetings, and banquets have discovered that Berglund Center can provide all the amenities needed to create a successful event.  Live entertainment, including sporting events and cultural and concert performances by some of the biggest names in the world continue to excite and amuse audiences all year long.

FI5725_806aa60a-5056-a36a-09e71515d320ac

Edited by buttons66

It's been 50 years since Jeff Cook, Teddy Gentry and Randy Owen left the cotton farms of Fort Payne, Alabama to spend the summer playing music in a Myrtle Beach, South Carolina bar called The Bowery. It's a classic American tale of rags to riches. From humble beginnings picking cotton in the fields to international stars, ALABAMA went on to sell 80 million albums and change the face and sound of country music. Quality songs that have become the soundtrack for American life are the foundation for ALABAMA's stellar career. The group introduced rock style guitars, lights, pyrotechnics and sounds to the country audience that has inspired many of today's brightest country stars including Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan. 

While their music continues to stand the test of time, their numbers and stats are beyond compare. Five decades since starting the band, ALABAMA has charted 43 #1 singles, including 21 #1 singles in a row, and have won dozens of CMA, GRAMMY®, and ACM Awards. They are members of the Country Music Hall of Fame, the Musicians Hall of Fame and have their own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. In addition, they are world-class philanthropists who have raised millions of dollars for various charities. 

======================

Scotty McCreery’s new album Same Truck is available now everywhere music is sold. It contains his fourth consecutive No. 1 single “You Time” and the fan-favorite “Damn Strait,” the second single from the album rapidly climbing the charts at Country radio now. McCreery co-wrote 10 of the 12 songs on Same Truck. He achieved new heights by earning three back-to-back No. 1 hits from his last album Seasons Change, the RIAA Gold-certified project which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Country Album chart: the RIAA Double Platinum-certified “Five More Minutes,” the RIAA Platinum-certified “This Is It,” which stayed at the top of the charts for two weeks, and RIAA Gold-certified “In Between.” McCreery co-wrote all 11 songs on Seasons Change, which Rolling Stone named as one of the “40 Best Country and Americana Albums of 2018.”

All four of his previous albums have debuted at No. 1 on a Billboard Albums chart, with current combined sales surpassing 3 million copies. He’s earned one Double Platinum, four Platinum and two Gold singles; won the 10th season of “American Idol” in 2011; was named the ACM New Artist of the Year in 2011; won the CMT Music Award for Breakthrough Video of the Year (‘The Trouble with Girls’) in 2012; American Country Awards for New Artist of the Year in 2011 and Breakthrough Artist of the Year in 2013; BMI Awards for writing One of the Top 50 Country Songs of the Year four times (in 2015 for “See You Tonight,” in 2018 for “Five More Minutes,” in 2019 for “This is It.” and 2021 for “In Between”); a Carolina Beach Music Award for National Dance Song of the Year (‘Barefootin’’) in 2018; and the NSAI Nashville Songwriter Award for One of the Top Ten Songs I Wish I’d Written (‘Five More Minutes’) in 2018.

The North Carolina native released his first book, Go Big or Go Home: The Journey Toward the Dream, in 2016; it was re-released in paperback in 2020. His song “Five More Minutes” inspired a popular movie of the same name which aired on the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Network during November-December 2021. McCreery launched his recording career by making history in 2011 as both the first country artist and the youngest male artist of any genre to debut his first studio album, the Platinum-certified Clear as Day, at No. 1 on the all-genre Billboard Top 200 Albums chart.

16 hours ago, Grandmaof7 said:

I will be there!!  I was not going to be able to go to the original show because of my mother in laws memorial service, but when it was rescheduled I got tickets right away.  I think the tickets are by the side of the stage, near the front.  Hopefully I will get some good photos and video and will post here on Friday night when I get home.  We have moved from Charlotte and Roanoke is home for us now.

Wow, hope you have a GREAT time.  And of course, we can't wait to hear all about it! :thumbs:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grandmaof7 said:

I will do my best.  I'm pretty excited, it has been since Sept 2021 since I have seen him.

Have an awesome time Amanda..looking foreward to any pics /videos etc from what is going to be an awesome show I think .

It had been a long time since I had had the chance to see Scotty and I am so glad I got to go to the concert.  As always, he was so good.  Most of the fans were Alabama fans but there were plenty singing back to him especially on Damn Strait.  The whole crowd got into the Oldies medley and were really singing then.  He got a standing ovation at the end.  There was a huge traffic back up to get into the Berglund Center, in fact as soon as we got off the interstate and there was sidewalk, I got out of the car and walked really fast into the venue!!  I made it with about 2 minutes to spare.  My husband went and park the car for us.  I was able to visit with Judy and Mike at the intermission and it was great to see them after such a long time.  

I have videos on my Youtube channel, but I have no idea how to put them here.  I used to know, but it has been way to long ago.  If someone wants to post them or tell me how to, I'd appreciate the help.  I know there are some of the same up on IDF, but we had really good seats and were pretty close to the stage.

• Like 5

Just watched them Amanda great videos for sure . You just copy the 'address' ....https.....   (or whatever you call that at the top  on You Tube and post it here, it will embed it automatically to a video.

Great to see a good crowd....I can see Judy and Mike opposite side of stage i think from you in your videos.

I saw everyone stand for Scotty at the end in couple of videos after the oldies ..terrific to see. 

Edited by buttons66

8 hours ago, Grandmaof7 said:

It had been a long time since I had had the chance to see Scotty and I am so glad I got to go to the concert.  As always, he was so good.  Most of the fans were Alabama fans but there were plenty singing back to him especially on Damn Strait.  The whole crowd got into the Oldies medley and were really singing then.  He got a standing ovation at the end.  There was a huge traffic back up to get into the Berglund Center, in fact as soon as we got off the interstate and there was sidewalk, I got out of the car and walked really fast into the venue!!  I made it with about 2 minutes to spare.  My husband went and park the car for us.  I was able to visit with Judy and Mike at the intermission and it was great to see them after such a long time.  

I have videos on my Youtube channel, but I have no idea how to put them here.  I used to know, but it has been way to long ago.  If someone wants to post them or tell me how to, I'd appreciate the help.  I know there are some of the same up on IDF, but we had really good seats and were pretty close to the stage.

Oldies  (standing 'O' babeee!)

Damn Strait

It Matters To Her

Edited by drdeb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Grandmaof7 said:

Thanks for letting me know how to do that Sandy.  I think I was trying to make it harder than it was and it was about 2 hours after my bed time!!

Since the redesign of IDF things are simpler.  Good to see your posts & videos. 

Edited by tfortexas