The Challenge: Ride or Dies (Premieres 10/12)

Alex95

the-challenge-72-31052022.jpg

Pairs:

Amber Borzotra (Big Brother 16) & Chauncey Palmer

Analyse Talavera (Big Brother 21) & Tommy Bracco (Big Brother 21)

Aneesa Ferreira (The Real World: Chicago) & Jordan Wiseley (The Real World: Portland)

Johnny "Bananas" Devenanzio (The Real World: Key West) & Nany Gonzalez (The Real World: Las Vegas (2011))

Colleen Schneider (The Mole Germany) & Kim Tränka (Prince Charming 3)

Darrell Taylor (Road Rules: Campus Crawl) & Veronica Portillo (Road Rules: Semester at Sea)

Devin Walker-Molaghan (Are You the One? 3) & Tori Deal (Are You the One? 4)

Emmy Russ (Beauty & The Nerd 2) & Nam Vo (Ultimate Beastmaster 1)

Faysal Shafaat (Big Brother 20) & Moriah Jadea

Horacio Gutiérrez (Exatlón Estados Unidos 5) & Olivia Kaiser (Love Island USA 3)

Jakk Maddox (Ex on the Beach: Peak of Love) & Laurel Stucky (The Challenge: Fresh Meat II)

Justin "Jay" Starrett (Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X) & Michele Fitzgerald (Survivor: Kaôh Rōng)

Johnny Middlebrooks (Love Island USA 2) & Ravyn Rochelle

Kailah Casillas-Bird (Real World: Go Big or Go Home) & Sam Bird (Love Island UK 4)

Kaycee Clark (Big Brother 20) & Kenny Clark

Nelson Thomas (Are You the One? 3) & Nurys Mateo (Are You the One? 6)

Tamara Alfaro & Turabi "Turbo" Çamkıran (Survivor Turkey 8 )

Edited by Alex95

Oh I forgot Laurel is back that's good. Turbo being back is good as well. Veronica is kinda boring now a days so that one is whatever I guess. Jay and Michele I am obviously here for as well. Also interested in seeing how Tori and Jordan interact after their very public break up. Bananas being back is interesting I guess but it was definitely nice to get a break from him for awhile. :dead:

That was certainly an episode!

Lol ok tbh I didn’t hate it! I generally like Challenge premieres as we get to meet new faces and revisit old ones. I actually like this cast as is. This rookie cast has lots of potential and I’m happy with the veteran choices. The problem is I know it’s gonna be ruined very soon. Bananas & Nany entering, I know Kaycee is coming back, and then Jordan & Aneesa entering. They’re all gonna hog the airtime and this interesting rookie class is gonna be relegated to the background.

But based solely on the premiere, I liked it! Colleen and Jakk are definitely my favorites rookies, I found them both to be such delights. The Ravyn, Johnny, Nurys love triangle has some potential so I’m open to it. From the vets of course Laurel is an icon. Turbo was a bit much, but I’m glad to see some drama. Loving the Jay, Michele, and Amber alliance I’m hoping they can do well!

Also like the format so far! I like the unpredictability that comes with the draw. Kim & Colleen getting safety was such an epic moment! And then when they threw Tori & Devin into the elimination :wub:. Would’ve loved to see them out in the first episode, but I knew Tori and Jordan were all over the promo so that wasn’t gonna happen. I was surprisingly sad to see Kailah & Sam leave, I was enjoying their dynamic. But we just saw Kailah on All-Stars 3 so I wasn’t too upset.

Edited by Alex95

That was quite an interesting premiere. 

LOL I cracked up that there was already drama between Laurel and Turbo right from the first 5 minutes of the show. :dead: For some reason, I'm kinda surprised this is Laurel's 7th season. I thought she had done more. But looking forward to them.

Kinda shook seeing two rookies winning but that's fun to seee. I'm kinda coming into this with a negative bias against Johnny as I know him from his time on Love Island. But I'm open to him winning me over here, hopefully. He and his partner made a bold first move that worked in their favor. 

Also liked Alex said, I'm really looking forward to the Michele/Jay/Amber alliance. I'm just happy to see Amber finally getting to work with people that wants to work with her and have her back. Well, she at least has Chauncey to have her back but hopefully this rookies/new veterans (is that what we call them? Since they technically aren't really rookies lol) alliance stick.

The picking out the sword thing to determine who is in the elimination or not was really fun though.

But lmao I NEVER thought I would have said this but I'm kinda sad to see Kailah & Sam go first. 🙈 I'm kinda shook about a married couple competing on this show because I feeel like.... that's never happened? :haha: I thought they were kinda cute together. So that interested me and I wanted to see more of how they worked together. Sam also seems fun and I liked him on Ex on the Beach, so yeah... sad that his first time on The Challenge was short lived. And I was kinda liking this new side of Kailah this episode too. I wouldn't mind seeing them again in future seasons.

Hmm not really liking this idea of new teams coming into the game at different weeks. It's gonna be fun, chaotic mess but it's gonna make it seem like the game will go on forever. :dead: 

3 hours ago, *Wallace said:

I'm kinda shook about a married couple competing on this show because I feeel like.... that's never happened? :haha: 

The official Challenge twitter account tweeted they're the first married couple despite the fact that Swaggy C & Bayleigh and Brad & Tori competed while married. So the show seems to think so even though it's not true :dead:

• Haha 2

Just now, Alex95 said:

The official Challenge twitter account tweeted they're the first married couple despite the fact that Swaggy C & Bayleigh and Brad & Tori competed while married. So the show seems to think so even though it's not true :dead:

omggg the show's twitter with its wrong facts! :dead: They should know better! :haha: 

Ah I totally didn't think of Swaggy & Bayleigh but that's true. And didn't really remember this with Brad & Tori. It's still so rare but fun to see happen. :haha: 

Okay I actually have some thoughts on this one because it was...a lot. I think two things can be true. I think Turbo has communication issues, I think he's a bit of an old school chauvinist, and I think he's playing some stuff up for tv. On the other hand, I think the entire house was dismissive of Turbo from the start, I think they have no sympathy of the language barrier, and I think Turbo has every right to feel wronged by people like Bananas, Devin, and Nany. They were making zero effort with him, were intentionally antagonistic, and then were ~shocked~ when Turbo fought back. I mean Jesus, Bananas started the episode, first interaction with Turbo of the season, "jokingly" asking him if he killed someone yet. Bananas knew exactly what he was doing and he wanted Turbo to snap to turn Nany against him. With Nany, I do have some sympathy for both parties. I think Nany did try with Turbo, but I also found her asking Turbo if he wants to go into elimination disingenuous. She was gonna do what Bananas wanted no matter what, even if Turbo politely told her no. I found Nany to be really condescending in her interactions with Turbo, even before he got heated. Of course Turbo did himself zero favors. He didn't even make an effort at a social game, and I honestly felt so bad for Tamara who just looked checked out the entire time but looked like she really wanted to try. I'd actually love to see Tamara get a second chance away from Turbo. I did think it was sweet that Turbo's still rooting for Nany to get her first win ❤️.

Still loving the format! As much as I hate to admit, Bananas played the elimination choices perfectly, turning Michele & Jay, Horacio & Olivia, and Johnny & Ravyn against each other. Speaking of Michele, gurl what was that :dead:. I mean it was good tv, but she was on like half a season with Nany, her sobbing over how much she loves Nany was so cringe since Nany clearly didn't give a single shit lol ❤️. I fear Michele is working hard to be in the vets alliance, which is a mistake since she's expendable to them. Her and Jay gotta stay with Amber & Chauncey, Horacio & Olivia, and Johnny & Ravyn.

I fear what I predicted last week is gonna come true and we're just headed towards vet domination. Bananas, Kaycee, Fessy, Tori, Jordan, etc. just trading off wins and marching to the finals together. I'm not making it through this season if that's truly what happens.

Oh yeah Emmy & Nam. Just lol @ Nam. Three dq's in a row, just the absolute worst luck ever. Emmy made a scathing video #dragging the show and the fake ass vets and I was living for the whole thing :dead:

Yeah last week's episode was quite an intense and dramatic episode for sure. :haha: I'm really sad about the whole Turbo/Nany scenes as I loved their friendship and how they worked together on the War of the Worlds season. :( So seeing them at opposite ends and the disputes they had was tough to watch.

I wasn't surprised seeing the whole cast helping out Horacio & Olivia to get rid of Turbo. I still don't like that part of the game but it's allowed so it is what it is. Although Horacio & Olivia did an impressive job at the main challenge.  I felt bad for Tamara who got into this mess/drama because of Turbo when she did nothing wrong. I'd also like to see what she can do on her own, social game wise and competitively.

Ooh the Nany scenes of her talking about losing her mother was reallly sad and heartbreaking. 😢 :broken: I always root for Nany so I'm definitely really wanting to see her get that win for her mother. ❤️ Even if I have to suffer through another Bananas win, I'll take it, lol. 

Gosh poor Nam having to be DQ'd or taken out of the game once again. I lost count that it's been 3 times. But ugh it's really unfair when one person quits that their partner has to go. Poor Nam. :( Hopefully next time he can.... actually compete.

• 2 weeks later...

Tommy in that elimination 🙈. Oof that was rough! Totally fine losing him and Analyse though, they brought nothing to the show. Especially over Colleen & Kim who I've decided are ICONS and we need to continue seeing more of :wub: :wub: :wub:.

Not surprised to see Nelson finally break his daily curse. They wouldn't have kept bringing it up if he wasn't gonna finally get his win this season. I understand his choices...but I'm also a bit disappointed. This is how the same group of vets march to the end season after season. Everyone's gonna be afraid to be like Johnny & Ravyn and get blood on their hands so they'll make the boring move and hope someone else targets the vets for them. Soon it's gonna be too late and we'll be looking at a finale of Bananas & Nany, Tori & Devin, Kaycee & Kenny, and Fessy & Moriah :yawn:.

I need to see Horacio & Olivia or Colleen & Kim win this next daily. I really need to see a shakeup.

LOL I can not believe it took this long for Nelson to win a daily challenge. :dead: But I'm really happy for him as I always liked him for the most part and want to see him do well. Totally get the comments on his game move. It was an understandable and safe move but it'll do him good for the time being. 

But I also hope for some kind of shakeup with the newbie teams winning. Cause yeah, it's gonna be quite the predictable season as usual. I feel like Horacio & Olivia keep coming up so close to win but yet so far.... and landing in danger. :( But Olivia did come up with a good sneaky plan to keep her/Horacio safe and have Nelson look loyal to the vets.

Oh dear, Tommy & Analyse. They did play it a bit too sneaky in the other episode which worked against them, so yeah not too surprised that they went out this episode. Ah I did feel bad for Tommy with that elimination cause gah that was just not working for him. 🙈 They did make it a little longer than I expected so well to them there.

This episode was good! Frustrating...but good. It beat Survivor and TAR for me this week at least :haha:. The show was really hard on Michele & Jay. I actually don't blame them for targeting Laurel & Jakk. Laurel is obviously the most threatening woman there and Jakk seems strong enough that he wouldn't hold her back. Jay and Jakk may have some sort of friendship, but I doubt it's strong enough that they would protect them far down the line. I'm not completely defending Michele & Jay's gameplay this week though. Throwing Colleen & Kim in was a terrible move. Like Michele said at the start of the episode, once all the rookies are gone they're next. It absolutely should've been Bananas & Nany in that fourth spot. Then they could call it even and start fresh. Who knows if Jay & Michele will get power again. The fact that they wasted it to get rid of Colleen & Kim is pretty damn terrible for them. I'm definitely gonna miss Kim & Colleen. They were really fun to watch and I hope we see them back.

Remaining teams:

1. Jakk & Laurel

2. Darrell & Veronica

3. Horacio & Olivia

4. Amber & Chauncey

5. Jay & Michele

6. Aneesa & Jordan

7. Nelson & Nurys

8. Faysal & Moriah

9. Devin & Tori

10. Bananas & Nany

11. Kaycee & Kenny

Oooof, I was really happy and excited about Jay & Michele winning the daily challenge this week. Then all their gameplay and the events that transpired was quite yikes to watch. 🙈 I really wish they didn't put Kim & Colleen there as they shouldn't have put a rookie/rookie team as there was that chance of them going, which did happen. 😐 So now they got 3 teams mad at them and gunning for them but lost the team that could have worked with them. :closedeyes: I sadly think this win/their gameplay did them more damage than good but I hope I'm wrong. Hopefully Bananas stays true to his word and don't target Jay & Michele next time he and Nany gets power. I'm sure Nany wouldn't target them but I don't trust Bananas, lol.

Omg all of the Michele and Laurel scenes were so tense and awkward to watch. 🙈 :dead: I felt bad about the Jay and Jakk stuff, as I was liking seeing their friendship and would have liked seeing how they could have worked together but ah well.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, finally Jay & Michele did what they were supposed to do! I was a little annoyed about them winning at first, but these were the perfect four nominations. I wish Laurel & Jakk got the safe dagger though so Kaycee & Kenny or Bananas & Nany would've gone into elimination and we could've lost one of them. If they made these nominations last week, Jay & Michele could've had a solid two weeks in power. It's really unfortunate they lost Kim & Colleen.

The vets were even more annoying than usual this episode, especially Nany. First of all Nany threw Michele & Jay into the draw once already! Jay & Michele gave them the easiest draw where it was guaranteed they would survive yet Nany still has the gall to act so entitled. Over it, over her. Hope she doesn't get her first win this season :kissbye:.

I'm still gonna miss Laurel. Yeah she was a bit entitled like all the vets, but at least she was actually being targeted so she had more of a right to be upset lol. She's always great tv. She gave us hookup drama, competitive drama, self doubt drama. She's always a joy when she's on this show and I hope there's less of a break until her next appearance!

Props to Aneesa & Jordan on domination the elimination. They're never gonna win the season with Aneesa's endurance, but their pure strength and elimination prowess cannot be undersold. They have a good chance of making the finals.

I just caught up on The Challenge Australia and it's so much fun, a lot more fun than Ride or Dies lol. The boot order's getting pretty rough, especially with the Bach alliance dominating, but I'm hoping Conor, Emily, and Brooke J can persevere. Emily specifically is a delight. I thought she was gonna be some boring comp beast, but she's instaed a socially inept giantess. She reminds me a lot of Laurel. I loved her bffmance with Cyrell and I'm so sad they got split up 😭

Ah yeah I agree that Michele & Jay handled their power much better this time around. :yes: I still wish Olivia & Horacio (lmao me never would have imagined rooting for Olivia but here we are :dead: ) just as I would have been curious what they would have done with their power. Hopefully they can get their win on tonight's episode as I would love to see more shake ups happen.

Aww yeah it was sad to see Laurel go. I agree with a lot of Alex's thoughts on her. She is always entertaining and interesting to watch on these shows. But yeah Jordan & Anessa dominated in that elimination. Laurel going was good for Michele & Jay, though now of course they got more teams mad at them, but that's the game. :dead:

Oooh Alex's post got me interested in watching The Challenge Australia but I don't know if I can keep up with another show. :dead: 

Nelson 🤦‍♂️. And he wonders why he never wins this game. I actually don't think his picks were that bad if he actually committed to doing Bananas & Nany vs. Jordan & Aneesa. Increase the odds of Amber and Darrell saving each other and get rid of a strong team. But then be backtracks and gives us Amber vs. Darrell leading to the weakest team left getting eliminated :wacko:. Devin played him like a fiddle and I hope he felt embarrassed watching this back.

Nelson's an idiot, Devin's annoying, Bananas & Nany are entitled, Jordan & Aneesa are entitled, Kaycee & Kenny are BORING, Fessy & Moriah are boring. Just really dire straits here.

Another season of a completely horrible eliminating order. I'm only rooting for Jay & Michele, Amber & Chauncey, and Horacio & Olivia left? Yikes. Hopefully one of those three wins the next daily so I literally don't have to care one bit what happens.

• Like 1

On the other hand The Challenge Aus...

I'm so glad we got two episodes in a row because I would've been PISSED about that non-elimination otherwise. I mean I still hate it and it came out of nowhere and made no sense, but I'm glad Conor & Brittany still got power out of it and they played it well. And luckily Ryan & Sugar still ended up leaving, just one episode later than they should have

^_^. I was getting a bit tired of the Bachelor alliance dominating, but then the underdogs showed off they are the least likable human beings in the house so now I have no problem if they get picked off one by one. I still think Emily is really fun though and wouldn't mind seeing her survive, even if her current taste in allies leaves a lot to be desired.

On the guys side I'm definitely rooting for Conor and Konrad the most. Conor has definitely been the biggest delight of this show and I hope we get to see him on the main show. Two daily wins and an elimination win? King shit! And he's not afraid to make big moves unlike...anyone on the main show lol. Konrad is nice to look at, and I loved to see him stand up to Ryan on the most recent episode. Marley and Troy are both kinda just meh, but I don't mind them (Marley seems more interesting than Troy). Ciarran is kinda slimy and Grant's awful so either of them can go.

On the girls side I think I like everyone. The four girls in the Bach alliance are kinda interchangeable, but each one keeps popping up to do something interesting, only to disappear when a new girl pops up lol. Megan's probably the least irrelevant, I like the other three girls a lot more. Kiki seems to have the biggest personality of them all so I think I'm rooting for her the most. Emily is obviously a nightmare, but she brings so much drama and insanity to the show and I think she's a great villain. I was rooting against her these past two episodes, but I think she'll be a lot more tolerable with Grant as her only ally remaining. Brooke J technically isn't delivering all that much, but I just have a soft spot for her from Survivor so I've gotta root for her.

Ugh I was so disappointed in Nelson this week. :( 😐 Not really upset with Nurys as she's new and doesn't have ties to anyone. But ugh Nelson. 

Def disappointed as I was really liking his friendship/alliance with Amber early on in the episode. So it was disappointing how he put Amber & Chauncey down there. :/ And then putting them up for the main elimination battle. :/ I wonder why Nelson & Nurys didn't put in Faysal & Moriah? What's going on there? Are Nelson and Faysal good again? That could have been an easy pair to put up for the elimination but then that didn't happen. :huh:

I also hated seeing Amber vs. Darrell as I love their friendship and how they had each other's back. This elimination was tough knowing that one of them was gonna go. 😭 Also losing Veronica is sad and disappointing too. :( But I'm glad Amber slayed (the first part) of that challenge to show what a beast she is. :wub: Despite these Vets always doing her dirty. 🙂 Nelson really should have made the big move in having Bananas/Nany vs. Jordan/Anessa, and I say that in being longtime fans of the ladies.

But yeah Devin did play Nelson and got what he wanted without having to win power for it. Well done to him for that but I don't like it. 🙂 

I mean this season is officially over now right? Jay & Michele's elimination was such bullshit. They played a messy game, and I was critical of their first win, but elimination is supposed to be the great equalizer. Nothing you can do if the competitors on the sideline are screaming so loud you can't hear each other :rolleyes:. I do like Horacio & Olivia, but they've had two elimination wins literally handed to them because everyone else was helping them beat Turbo & Tamara and Jay & Michele. They should do eliminations like they did in the Fresh Meat seasons again where the rest of the house isn't watching.

I guess go Amber & Chauncey? They kinda annoyed me this episode, and Chauncey is really boring, but Amber is still easily the best one left. I mean I guess I'm rooting for Olivia & Horacio by default, but I'm not even a big fan of them or anything.

I genuinely don't know who I want to see lose the most out of Jordan & Aneesa, Bananas & Nany, Devin & Tori, and Kaycee & Kenny. I hate them all equally so much this season for so many different reasons. I'm just full prepared for them all to be the finals. Hopefully casting does a major shakeup next season. Keep Kaycee & Nany home, give Nelson a season off, give Devin a season off, let Bananas get his win here and retire, keep Aneesa on All-Stars. Obviously the whole main alliance isn't gonna be off next season, I'm not asking for that. But even if we bring just like Jordan, Tori, and Fessy back I wouldn't care. Some of them on each season is fine and to be expected. All of them together is a nightmare.

• Like 1

Gah yeah the season does get more and more disappointing, huh? 🙈

Sad to see Jay & Michelle go. :( I knew the odds were against them once they won their two daily challenge wins two times in a row. But ugh sucks that they left and how it was them against Horacio & Olivia.

I do really love Michelle and Amber's friendship and I loved seeing them have each other that they can rely on and trust in. ❤️ But ugh I'm sad and disappointed that Amber loses her closes allies week after week. 

On 12/1/2022 at 1:43 PM, Alex95 said:

I mean this season is officially over now right? Jay & Michele's elimination was such bullshit. They played a messy game, and I was critical of their first win, but elimination is supposed to be the great equalizer. Nothing you can do if the competitors on the sideline are screaming so loud you can't hear each other :rolleyes:. I do like Horacio & Olivia, but they've had two elimination wins literally handed to them because everyone else was helping them beat Turbo & Tamara and Jay & Michele. They should do eliminations like they did in the Fresh Meat seasons again where the rest of the house isn't watching.

Ugh YES to all of this. This has always been my biggest pet peeve about the elimination, as I find it really unfair of the competitors helping out their preferred team or trying their hardest to hurt the other team's chances. :/