The Challenge: Ride or Dies (Premieres 10/12)

Alex95

Since Jay & Michele this show's literally just been background noise to me. This format switch is really boring. Almost all the rookie teams are gone so now we're at individual eliminations so rookies can continued to be picked off one by one. So boring.

Nice to see Amber get another elimination win. Hopefully she can hang on for dear life and make this final (whenever the hell it might be).

• Like 1

The group format does change things around. Ugh I was really hoping for Moriah's team to win this trivia challenge as I don't want to see Faysal's team always dominating. I'm still rooting for Moriah's team, for the most part. Hopefully they can win next week's challenge.

Aww I felt like we finally got to know Kenny on last week's episode. He seems like a nice and likable guy. But I was happy for Horacio pulling off that win.

Then ugh, I hated seeing Amber vs. Nurys in the latest episode elimination. :( I'm always gonna root for Amber so I am so glad she beasted through and won that elimination. 2 elimination wins this season.... that's where she truly shines. ❤️ But I'm sad to see Nurys go as she's proven herself to be such a great competitor and helped Nelson finally get two daily wins this season. And I've been growing to like her more and more as the season continues.

But ugh it's annoying that the Rookies are gonna be picked off one by one. The vets just have too many connections in the game. :( But ugh, next week it will likely be Chauncey or Horacio that will be in the elimination, depending on which team loses.

Ooh I have some wondering thoughts regarding Moriah that I meant to ask a bit ago.

I'm curious on how and the backstory of Moriah & Faysal being Ride or Dies. I can't really remember it being talked about on the show. But then they also missed such easy questions on each other (or what I think true ride or dies should know about each other - she didn't what month his birthday falls in and he didn't know how many siblings she had). :dead:

And I'm also curious about Moriah & Bananas relationship. I remember seeing them kiss when they celebrated his 40th birthday and then saw more of their relationship on other episodes. I'm curious how long they've been a couple. They seem more of a ride or die pair than her and Faysal.  :haha:

Oooh wow, what a game changing episode this was. 😮 I'm really glad that The Underdogs team finally won the daily challenge. I didn't want them to lose any more members and the other team was too dominant.

I'm not surprised that The Underdogs wanted to take a big shot. It's that time of the game where they really have to make a big move to weaken that already strong enough team as it is. But wow the way it went down was crazy. 😮 Wow that tension with Jordan and Tori was yikes... but had a feeling that things would go down the wrong path between them sooner or later. I didn't like how Tori brought up their personal relationship and how that would be affected if he voted a certain way. That's not fair or right. I applaud him for the move he made but him saying he doesn't negotiate with terrorists was a bit much.

So it was Faysal vs. Nelson. I was really rooting for Nelson but figured it's pretty much impossible for him to beat Faysal so I was prepared. Ugh I do feel really bad for Nelson as this did seem like his season. :( He won his first two main challenges with Nurys and had a lot of power in the season (whether it was a good way or bad way of using the power). The group format definitely ruined his game, for sure. I feel like he and Nurys would have still dominated if it was a duos game throughout. I feel bad that Nelson & Nurys are officially eliminated but they had a good run and should be proud of what they accomplished!

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh just when you didn't think this season could get more down the drain.... it just somehow does so more and more. :dead: 

Ugh just so much went wrong with this episode. Ugh the underdogs team losing yet again. Ugh this isn't fun as I'm rooting for that team and it's hard seeing them lose their players each week. :/ Last week was tough losing Moriah but of the girls, she's my least favorite of that side so I guess I was okay with her going against Nany.

But ugh... definitely not surprised and I totally understand Faysal's team wanting to get rid of one of Jordan or Horacio as they are the strongest physical guys of their team. That Balls In elimination was crazy and intense and good to watch.... but ugh I didn't want to see either of them going. Sadly, Jordan couldn't pull it out and he got eliminated, which was sad to see. 

Congrats to Horacio on tying the record for elimination wins in a season, as he earned his 5th elimination win. 😮 He shares that record with Sarah from The Gauntlet 1 and Wes & Casey from Fresh Meat. I'm happy for him pulling out that win and really proving himself as a tough competitor in this game.

But ooooh wow okay so now the twist is back that the Ride or Dies partner twist is back! I was wondering when this the duos would be back. This should definitely make things interesting. And yeah this last part of the episode was exciting and interesting to watch (after a disappointing first 40 minutes).

And ahh wow I was not expecting the pairs that had one eliminated contestant and one contestant still in the game to battle it out in an elimination. Of the teams in that elimination, I was rooting most for Jordan & Aneesa, as I like them both. Ugh so I was sad to see them lose that elimination. Meh @ Faysal & Moriah winning that elimination. I mean they certainly killed it and earned their win but I wouldn't have minded Faysal going. :giggle: Poor Kaycee & Kenny stood no chance. I never would have thought Kaycee would have been at risk of elimination when watching the start of this episode. 

But ugh then the episode ends with a cliffhanger of Jordan & Aneesa vs. Kaycee & Kenny. Still rooting for Jordan & Aneesa to win the next elimination, which I think they can do.

I checked out on this a month ago. Tori and Jordan's story is tiring to watch lmao. I genuinely hope they cast good challengers next season because season by season is getting worse. 

Also, what the heck happened why is there only one elimination for many weeks now? lol.

14 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Poor Wally is still watching this huh. :dead:

Sadly, yeah. :haha: I mostly always stick with the shows I watch out of loyalty. :haha: 

3 hours ago, Skyfall said:

I checked out on this a month ago. Tori and Jordan's story is tiring to watch lmao. I genuinely hope they cast good challengers next season because season by season is getting worse. 

Also, what the heck happened why is there only one elimination for many weeks now? lol.

Oooh yeah, agreed with you on Tori & Jordan's storyline getting really tiring to watch. I want the best for them and for them to work things out - whether if its just a friendship or an actual relationship but it is taking up way too much airtime.

Well they changed the format to a teams format. Faysal & Moriah won the last duo challenge.... a number of weeks ago. Like 5 weeks ago or so? Then they created their teams, had a team format where it was a guys elimination day then a girls elimination day each episode. But this latest episode, they changed it back to a team's format so now we will lose two people each episode next week (at least I hope so).

• Thanks 1

Omgg awww yayy that's such wonderful news for Amber & Chauncey! 😄 Congratulations to them both! :wub: 

I did watch the latest episode and ugh it was so sad losing them both. 😢 They took a risk in volunteering themselves but it just didn't pay off. They were up against Jordan & Aneesa and they definitely put up slayed that. But I'm glad Amber & Chauncey got this far as it seemed like the odds were always against them.

I feel as if this season is one of the better ones because Fessy, Kaycee, Nany and Aneesa haven’t been shoved down our throats. They’ve all been on the outs a few times and not the dominant force for most of the game. It’s actually been nice to see new blood and personalities shine through which is something we haven’t seen in seasons because MTV have focussed solely on the Big Brother alliance. 

It was a joy to see Kaycee eliminated. She brings absolutely nothing to the show but constantly gets asked back for some reason. I was a Nany stan but her relationship with Kaycee on the show really doesn’t do it for me so I find myself rooting for other people more. I hate how defensive Nany gets whenever Kaycee’s name is mentioned. Play your own game.

I’ve actually quite enjoyed Fessy this season. :ph34rwave: It was nice to see him do his own thing and not be attached to a certain group. I think Moriah has really helped because she was amazing so you couldn’t help but want them to do well. He talked about his culture too which gave us an idea of who he is. He’s usually dead behind the eyes so at least we know something about him now.

The true stars of this season for me are Olivia, Horacio, Nelson, Nurys and Moriah. I’ll even throw Chauncey in there too. So many rookies who proved themselves and earned another showing in a future season. DO IT MTV! Stop casting the unlikeables and give us a full season of iconic rookies. :wub:

On 10/20/2022 at 11:36 PM, Alex95 said:

I fear what I predicted last week is gonna come true and we're just headed towards vet domination. Bananas, Kaycee, Fessy, Tori, Jordan, etc. just trading off wins and marching to the finals together. I'm not making it through this season if that's truly what happens.

Maybe not a perfect prediction, but damn was I close.

I actually do think this is the weakest season yet. This season has been awful since losing Michele & Jay. Just completely miserable. The team twist killed all the momentum this season had. They should never take seven episodes to send two teams home ever again. We've been in a bit of dark ages of this show for a while now (probably since Total Madness). But I have more positive feelings about those previous three seasons than this one.

But whew, glad to finally be at the final. Go Horacio & Olivia? I actually don't think they're all that interesting, just easy to root for in the underdog role. But better them winning than anyone else. I think Bananas & Nany have it in the bag though. This season feels designed to give Nany the win. Jordan & Aneesa are obviously out because Aneesa has no endurance. And I really don't think Horacio & Olivia are gonna pull it out because they struggled in that mini-final and experience is important. It's gonna come down to Bananas & Nany vs. Tori & Devin, and I just can't bet against Bananas' experience in a final.

Ah I'm so glad we got to and finally arrived to the final. :dead: 

Hmmm I'm good with Faysal and Moriah going. They did well throughout the season and dominated some challenges. They had some messiness in working together too but they were okay.

I'm glad and happy for Horacio & Olivia making it to the final. I was rooting for them throughout the season and they've done a great job throughout the season. I'm sad they never won a main daily challenge as they came close to doing so many times so ugh. :( But glad they have made it to the final. I would love to see them win it and shock everyone but I doubt they will pull off the win.

I would also be fine and content with Bananas & Nany winning. Like Alex said, it does feel like this season was designed for Nany to win. As a long time fan of Nany's, I would really love to see her pull off that win (and maybe take some time off the show, whether for a few seasons or to retire this as her last season 🙈). She was defensive and entitled so definitely not her most likable season by far but I've been a fan of hers for so long and can't entirely root against her. :haha: But yeah I think earning a win and winning on your last season would be a great way to end her The Challenge run. And while I never been that big on Bananas, I didn't mind him this season. Maybe because he played that under-the-radar/lowkey game but an 8th win would be very impressive.

I'm also happy for Aneesa making it to the final. I've been really enjoying her partnership with Jordan. And I like how Jordan has been very encouraging to Aneesa here. Yeah Aneesa's lack of endurance will work against her sadly. I'm alright with Tori & Devin making it but moreso meh there. I usually like Tori but she really annoyed me this season with the whole Tori/Jordan drama. :ph34rwave: Jordan had his bad/annoying moments but not nearly as much as Tori. But at the same time, I do feel for her as their breakup really affected her a lot here. :( And she showed the pain more than Jordan so I'll forgive her there.

But yeah, looking forward to how this long intense 100-hour final will go.

Omg Olivia :broken:. That was heartbreaking to watch. They really need to make these challenges safer. She should've had goggles on or something. And Horacio sobbing to the producers asking to run the final twice :broken:. That was so depressing.

Welp looks like it's Tori & Devin vs. Bananas & Nany. I genuinely have no idea who to root for here. I guess Bananas & Nany? I can't stand to see Bananas get another win and my love for Nany has faded so much these past three seasons, but maybe she can get a win and finally retire before I start really disliking her.

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Omg Olivia :broken:. That was heartbreaking to watch. They really need to make these challenges safer. She should've had goggles on or something. And Horacio sobbing to the producers asking to run the final twice :broken:. That was so depressing.

Welp looks like it's Tori & Devin vs. Bananas & Nany. I genuinely have no idea who to root for here. I guess Bananas & Nany? I can't stand to see Bananas get another win and my love for Nany has faded so much these past three seasons, but maybe she can get a win and finally retire before I start really disliking her.

The impact and sheer amount of blood made me feel sick. I think they could’ve kept up and challenged the rest of them.

At least this isn’t the last we’ll see of them. The single best showing from a rookie pairing ever. :wub:

I’m with you in struggling who to root for. Tori was a great player a few seasons ago but now she’s completely unlikeable. Devin used to be a great mastermind but now he’s a joke. Aneesa is way out of her depth in a final and there’s no way that Jordan can win with her. That leaves Nany and Banana’s and I feel the exact same way you do about them both.

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

I can't believe you all made it through this season. :dead:

It was a real struggle! Believe me.

They really need a huge overhaul of the cast and to bring back the rookies who made a great first impression. They need to get rid of the likes of Kaycee, Nany, Aneesa, Devin, Tori and CT. They are far too predictable and play the  exact same game every single season.

Still waiting for Theo, Georgia, Jenny and Natalie to return.

2 minutes ago, Zoey said:

It was a real struggle! Believe me.

They really need a huge overhaul of the cast and to bring back the rookies who made a great first impression. They need to get rid of the likes of Kaycee, Nany, Aneesa, Devin, Tori and CT. They are far too predictable and play the  exact same game every single season.

Still waiting for Theo, Georgia, Jenny and Natalie to return.

Yeah I agree with all of that. Plus the seasons are too long they need to cut out some episodes.

Ah I just watched the first part of the final. Ah I agree with a lot of what's been posted here.

Ugh that final was really tough to watch regarding all of what Olivia had to endure. >.< I felt bad for her with the finger bleeding situation and was impressed how she kept on going after getting her finger stitched up. But then the fling shot throwing challenge and how the ball hit her face and all that blood gushing out. Gah that was terrible and so tough to watch. 😢 I hated seeing Olivia going out like this because she really wanted to keep going but I know she couldn't. :broken: Then seeing how heartbroken Horacio was and concerned for her. And him wanting to continue running the final doing double the work for her. That was also heartbreaking to watch too. :( 

Of the remaining teams, I am still rooting for Nany & Bananas. I get all of the comments regarding Nany - and can't fault them and agree on them. :haha: But yeah I've been a longtime fan of hers and really want to see her get that win. Her getting this win (for both herself and her mother) and then retiring on a win would be a great way to close out her chapter on this series. ❤️ I also agree with people on Bananas. He wasn't bad or that annoying this season... and I found him tolerable a lot of the time. I can deal with him getting an 8th win if it gives Nany a win. :haha: I have been a fan of Tori's but she has been insufferable this season so I don't want her to get the season win here and I've always been meh on Devin. And yeah I wouldn't mind Jordan & Aneesa winning but I highly doubt that will happen.

I cannot believe they're dragging this final out for three episodes :wacko:. I literally fastforwarded through half the episode lol. I don't need to watch them throwing up food two episodes in a row!!!!

Aneesa vs. Jordan was fun though. Frankly they're both telling the truth about each other and neither want to hear it. Jordan is an ass and he's doing absolutely nothing to motivate Aneesa to do well in that final (and running off course was terrible and absolutely contributed to the ankle injury). And on the other hand, Aneesa does zero training for endurance, knowing a final is majority endurance, so she has no one to blame but herself for all her losses.

I was Googling now many seasons Tori has been on and saw she won this. Saves me watching the third part. :lmao:

Can Nany, Kaycee, Devin, Tori and Aneesa please retire now and let some new blood create an exciting show? It’s the same shit over and over again. I haven’t enjoyed this season because it’s so predictable. MTV are literally handing the money over to the same people and I’m completely bored at this point. The same alliances, the same mouthes that are running and the same people getting shit on every season. Give people like Amber, Nelson, Big T, Cory, Amanda, Ashley, Michele and Jay a chance to shine. Not a chance to shine and then letting the predictable people take them out because they’re scared. It’s the same shit, different season.

• Like 1

Whew it's over! Yeah that was a painful season to get through and a painful final. Congrats to Tori & Devin who dominated every single aspect of that final. If they didn't win, it would've been so f*cked. It was a 100 hour final, but it came down to whoever came in first on a cornmaze to avoid an elimination and then a giant puzzle at the very end. We could've cut like 97 hours of that final and it would've made no difference. This was setup to give endurance losers Aneesa and Nany their best shot at winning with two goats of the show and they still couldn't pull it off lmao. Time to pack it up ladies.

1. Jay & Michele - Stars of the show. Easily. Without them, this season would've been an even bigger dumpster fire.

2. Jakk & Laurel - Laurel will always deliver and that's why I love her so f*cking much. Jakk was a really fun rookie and I hope we see him back!

3. Horacio & Olivia - Definitely rookie of the years! Now that they've been ~accepted~ I wouldn't be surprised if they're boring af for the rest of their time on this show, but I can't judge them on the future. For now I like them!

4. Colleen & Kim - I'm so randomly obsessed with them, they deserved better 😭

5. Johnny & Ravyn - Shoutout to them for making the only big move of the season pretty much.

6. Amber & Chauncey - They're still kinda boring, but they make for good tv because everyone randomly hates Amber for no reason.

7. Faysal & Moriah - I think Faysal's the best of the vacation alliance. He's actually an interesting villain and shakes things up sometimes. I fear Moriah has zero charisma, but could be in some interesting storylines.

8. Tamara & Turbo - Lol Turbo was obviously A Lot, but he gave us some of the only conflict this season.

9. Darrell & Veronica - Obviously they did absolutely nothing this season, but all hail Queen Vee!

10. Kailah & Sam - Kailah wouldn't have bowed down to the main alliance. I enjoyed their dynamic and I wish they won the first elimination over Tori & Devin.

11. Nelson & Nurys - I hope Nelson never wins another daily if that's what he's gonna do with his power lmao.

12. Emmy & Nam - Lol

13. Aneesa & Jordan - They're fun when they fight each other and awful every other second.

14. Analyse & Tommy - I still can't believe someone watched BB21 and decided to put them on this show. Why?! Did literally every other Big Brother pair turn them down?!

15. Devin & Tori - Nah.

16. Bananas & Nany - Nope.

17. Kaycee & Kenny - Who?

Gahh yeah that 3-week final took wayy too long to get through. :dead: The usual 2-part final would have been just fine. 

But ugh sad and disappointed that Bananas & Nany couldn't pull out the win. :( While I've gone through ups and downs with Nany this season, I was hoping for her to finally get that win. She had a really big/favorable edit.... and then at the last moment it all falls apart. :broken: Ugh if Nany couldn't win this season then she's just never gonna win it. 😭 It was kinda nice seeing Bananas getting emotional and sad that he couldn't help pull out the win for Nany. I felt like that was a nice genuine moment from him. And yeah I did actually like him this season so I'm also kinda sad he couldn't pull out an 8th win - though it doesn't make any difference for him and he doesn't need to prove anything as he's won so much.

But congrats to Tori & Devin on getting that win. They worked hard for it and truly earned it. It was nice for them to have their moment after coming close and losing out so many times.

On 2/16/2023 at 9:08 AM, Alex95 said:

10. Kailah & Sam - Kailah wouldn't have bowed down to the main alliance. I enjoyed their dynamic and I wish they won the first elimination over Tori & Devin.

Ooh lmaoo wow I forgot that they were against Tori & Devin on that first elimination. :dead: I was rooting for Kailah & Sam too but wow what a major change for the season that would have been if Kailah & Sam won. 😮