March 12th The 02 London~ UK

buttons66

• 2 weeks later...

Concert Review: C2C COUNTRY 2 COUNTRY 2022 (Day 2), The O2, London

Out of all of the C2C main stage artists so far, excluding the Introducing Nashville trio, there had yet to be anyone I hadn’t yet seen live, so having Scotty McCreery on Saturday night’s bill was a major pull for me. I’d known of him since his American Idol days, but never gone out and searched for Scotty songs myself, meaning I was really surprised by how many of his songs I knew, and really enjoyed! Rivalling Josh Turner for ‘country music’s deepest voice’, Scotty sounded great on Same Truck (I still think there are way too many country songs about trucks), Wherever You Are, and In Between.

I enjoyed the song inspired by George Strait, Damn Strait, full of clever allusions to the country great and his songs, but my favourite songs were definitely those Scotty had written for his wife. I hadn’t considered how many fantastic love songs Scotty had under his belt, but hearing Why You Gotta Be Like That, It Matters to Her (a song every man should listen to), and the song he wrote specifically for their engagement that audiences were never meant to hear, This Is It, really highlighted that. They showed the immense amount of love Scotty must have for his wife, whom he’s known since they were five years old – adorable. Of course we also got to see Scotty’s fun side too, with Feelin It, which received a huge cheer from the very first bar, See You Tonight, and You Time, plus covers of Brooks & Dunn’s She’s Not The Cheatin’ Kind and John Michael Montgomery’s Be My Baby Tonight. A lot of fun all around.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...