The Voice to only have one season in 2022.

24 minutes ago, jarmon said:

girl we already knew this...we've been preparing ourselves for the long wait :( 

Girl, I didn’t see posted anywhere and it was officially announced today. 😘

As an American Idol fan this has been the norm for us for years. You’ll get used to it. :yes:

21 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:
How does this news make you feel? 😱 They go back to their old format and American Idol’s format of one season per year. 🧐

I personally think it makes sense as it makes people more passionate about the season. And the contestant are more determined and motivated to achieve success. 

I generally find short hiatus helps shows in the long run - a lot of French-Canadian talent shows tend to go on hiatus and they come back better than ever. And it is important for the shows to adapt to the current climate - 1 show per week is ideal especially in a world where everyone is always on the go, and the amount of people that are moving away from cable to streaming services only. 

3 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Girl, I didn’t see posted anywhere and it was officially announced today. 😘

As an America Idol fan this has been the norm for us for years. You’ll get used to it. :yes:

We talked about in the threads (I can't remember if it was the last season's thread or the general thread), but it was known a while back. A couple months after the Ariana reveal if I remember correctly.

Oh, I ain't complaining. It helps my sleep schedule LOL, I have to stay up till 3am if I want to watch it Live. :lmao:

also what's "America Idol"? 😘

3 minutes ago, jarmon said:

We talked about in the threads (I can't remember if it was the last season's thread or the general thread), but it was known a while back. A couple months after the Ariana reveal if I remember correctly.

Because they went through 3 seasons for her salary :giggle: 

2 minutes ago, jarmon said:

I was gonna say that LMAO cause it's true her pay was soooo HIGH

And in my opinion, it didn't gave them what they wanted - they were hoping for more viewers and it didn't result in it.

Like I said, the show need to do some serious thinking - what can they do to get people's interest again ? How can they adapt to the current day & age ? 

Edited by *Chris

Just now, *Chris said:

And in my opinion, it didn't gave them what they wanted - they were hoping for more viewers and it didn't result in it.

Like I said, the show need to do some serious thinking - how can they do to get people's interest again ? How can they adapt to the current day & age ? 

Oh yup. Only thing it did increase was more views on YouTube but that too, not by much. It was the usual everyone watches the Blinds and stops after. 

Yeah, I don't really know what they can do but we'll see .

1 minute ago, jarmon said:

Oh yup. Only thing it did increase was more views on YouTube but that too, not by much. It was the usual everyone watches the Blinds and stops after. 

Yeah, I don't really know what they can do but we'll see .

One way would be to not have 2 episodes of 2 hours per week - it honestly drains me and that's why I don't watch as much, anymore. 

They may need to relook at the format, and change the coaches - make it more modern, make it easier for indie artists to succeed. 

• Like 1