Eurovision Song Contest 2022 (10-12-14 may 2022)

world_idols

welll  what can i say

Austria: LUM!X feat. Pia Maria – Halo

++++++++++++++++++

in semi 2  - then australian is competeing

but next year 2023  is the last time they can compete in eurovision

then the deal that ebu make with australian is finish

then i imagine they need to get a invite again

if they wants to be in eurovision and compete

Ok so here is my list from semi 1

Ok song list

Norway: Subwoolfer – Give That Wolf A Banana

Oh hell  no  list

Albania: Ronela Hajati – Sekret
 Lithuania: Monika Liu – Sentimentai
 Ukraine: Kalush Orchestra – Stefania

Dont like list

Latvia: Citi Zēni – Eat Your Salad
 Denmark: REDDI – The Show
 Iceland: Systur – Með Hækkandi Sól
 Greece: Amanda Georgiadi Tenfjord – Die Together

I don’t know list

Switzerland: Marius Bear – Boys Do Cry
 Croatia: Mia Dimšić – Guilty Pleasure
 Armenia: Rosa Linn – Snap

Strange song list

Slovenia: LPS – Disko
 Netherlands: S10 – De Diepte

Its ok list

Bulgaria: Intelligent Music Project – Intention
 Moldova: Zdob şi Zdub & Frații Advahov – Trenulețul
 Portugal: MARO – Saudade, Saudade

Just now, istersay said:

boo, so you have to subscribe to peacock to watch it this year?

i have no idea 

its only people in usa  who can watch from that homepage

i cant watch anything there becours of  copy right

For other international audiences:
Peacock is not yet available in your territory.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, world_idols said:

soon we find out  who 10 countrys go to finale 

and what 7 countrys who go home

is Denmark going to finale?

I deleted that post of mine, that wasn't a real stream 

5 minutes ago, istersay said:

is Denmark going to finale?

to be truth  i hope not

i dont think our song is good enoght to win

well i know i repeat myself

but  our song do realy sound like copy song from 2 other songs

i know i have hear on  eurovision

• Like 1

Eurovision song contest - Semi-final 1

Congratilations to  thise  10 countrys
 Lithuania: Monika Liu – Sentimentai Slovenia: LPS – Disko

I wish you good luck next year  2023

Note
Next show is on  Thursday (12-05-2022)  evening  21,00 cet

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, world_idols said:

Eurovision song contest - Semi-final 1

Congratilations to  thise  10 countrys
 Lithuania: Monika Liu – Sentimentai Slovenia: LPS – Disko

I wish you good luck next year  2023

Note
Next show is on  Thursday (12-05-2022)  evening  21,00 cet

thanks I will try to watch the next one but don't know if I can find a stream without paying :rofl:

Eurovision is finally starting! 

Haven't watched most of the performances, but super happy that Ukraine made it to the Finals! They never fail to have distinctive and culturally rich performances, and this year is no exception. 

Little bummed Latvia didn't make the cut, but if we're gonna only have one meme song in the finale, the correct choice would be Norway.

For the next Semifinals, I'm rooting for Poland, Serbia, and Israel.

And here I go; just got finished watching the first semi (starting at midnight) in NYC, at the Eurovision.tv site, with my VPN linked to a server in Brussels, Belgium; and it took another 2 hours to write all of this.

Here is how I saw the performances:

9.44 (8) Albania (NQ)

My benchmark for all of the performances that followed.  I actually thought Ronela was going to qualify with that stage routine.  But when it came down to one qualifier left to announce, I figured she wouldn't, given who was sure to take that last spot (NED).  Some dance routines work, and some don't.  The ones that followed, left her performance forgotten.

9.40 (10) Latvia (NQ)

The one thing I thought Citi Zēni had going for them was the music.  Unfortunately, in the ears of those who had their fate in their hands, comedy, sex and an environmental message didn't mix; and they were outdone on the comedy side.

9.33 (12) Lithuania (Q)

The stage lights and CGI programmed for a nightclub setting, and a dress appropriate for the setting, changed the game dramatically for Monika Liu.  Before the jury performances on Monday, she was sitting next-to-last out of the 40 contenders on the bookies' boards, after her stage and CGI setup were among those that were gravely compromised by the malfunctioning semicircle behind her.  Quite a few performers may have to fall flat on their faces for her to finish in the top 10 on Saturday.

9.46 (6) Switzerland (Q)

Marius Bear was my overall #7 before the jury competition.  He had what I thought was one of the 5 best stage setups tonight; but there were signs where I thought he was slipping.  I thought he was toast, given how much of a razor's edge he was on before this performance, until the announcers called out his country and got him out of the way quickly.  For some reason, I still wouldn't sleep on his chances to finish in the top 10.  Salvador Sobral (Portugal 2017) won with a ballad like this.

9.17 (17) Slovenia (NQ)

Give Last Pizza Slice another 5 years, and they may be contenders.  The music was always too basic when I first heard this song (along with all the others) on the first weekend of April, and Filip's singing sounded just a bit too robotic.

9.66 (1) Ukraine (Q)

Cultural wardrobe, a mix of cultural vibes, electronic music and hip-hop, and the eyes of lead singer Oleh Psiuk's mother Stefania looking over the crowd on the big screen.  They were my #4 going into this week, and the bookies' overwhelming favorite.

Why were the EBU afraid they would get political here?  Nonsense!  This was about what one mother taught her son as a child.  The camera shots looking down on the floor, as one member did his dance routines, was a big plus.  They did not come to play games or be pitied; they came to win, just like everyone else; which begs the following question...

Has a replacement artist ever won this contest?  They finished 2nd to Alina Pash at their national contest Vidbir, but she dropped out and they took her place.

9.25 (16) Bulgaria (NQ)

For a band that calls itself the Intelligent Music Project, they should have recognized that the people were not going to so easily accept any kind of rock they put in their ears.  This kind of classic rock might have won in 1982, which made their rock sound out-of-place compared to what was to follow in this contest.  Bad timing and maybe bad taste to talk war in a song, even if it was made months before all hell broke loose.

9.50 (4) Netherlands (Q)

S10 was my #12 before this week, and the bookies' #9 before the jury competition.  Dark stages and Dutch performances usually end with big points.  Her art director knew this song required a dark stage with the image of water on the floor.  She tried hard to hold it together at the end because she was about to cry. 😥

9.50 (5) Moldova (Q)

This is Zdob și Zdub's third appearance in the contest (2005, 2011), and they get an assist from the Advahov Brothers.  They were my #13 going into this week, after watching that crazy train ride in their music video.  Their chances of qualifying were on shaky ground 2 weeks ago; but who would have thought they'd arrive with a completely new musical arrangement for the show?  I knew they had to qualify.

9.60 (2) Portugal (Q)

Maro was my #9 this past weekend and the bookies' #11 before the jury competition.  No question that she would have her backups with her.  The only question was, how would they set up everything on stage?  Obviously, less-is-more works better for Portugal.

9.32 (13) Croatia (NQ)

A pop tune with none of the dramatic tinge (be it vocals or music) that some other ballads had (like SUI or NED) was destined to be out of place this time.  Mia Dimšić didn't really have a chance here, especially given who she was sandwiched between.

9.30 (15) Denmark (NQ)

Reddi's "The Show" sounded to me like a pop tune trying to be a rock tune.  With hard rock tunes winning and finishing 6th last year, some people got the idea that any rock tune the following year will do.  It doesn't always work that way, as Bulgaria also found out.

9.31 (14) Austria (NQ)

Go_A finished 5th last year with a tune that started out prog trance and accelerated to psytrance near the end.  Try as they may with trance, Lum!x and Pia Maria's was too short to begin with, and they had to come with a slightly tweaked arrangement to fill out the time they had available to them to get closer to the 3-minute limit.  I wasn't exactly impressed with the stage setup they had.

9.39 (11) Iceland (Q)

Systur's stage performance at Söngvakeppnin didn't impress me enough for me to think they had a chance at qualifying.  But looking at the stage setup they had here (which was much better, thanks to the graphic floor and screen in the back), and despite the score I gave them, I thought they were going to qualify, and be the ones who sent Marius packing.  They qualified, but so did Marius. 👍  They were my #31 over the weekend, and the bookies' #33 before the jury competition.

9.45 (7) Greece (Q)

Amanda is in many people's top 10s, as the bookies' #6.  She was my #18.  If "Die Together" is meant to be a mid-pandemic tune (which is how I interpreted it, given its lyrics), they set the stage up just right, with the graphics and all of the chairs turned over.  One of those dramatic tunes that screams top-10 finish.

9.53 (3) Norway (Q)

Yum, yum, yum, yum-yum-yum, yum, yum, yum...! 😋  It was obvious what Keith and Jim were going to bring to the stage, since they brought it to Melodi Grand Prix.  The only thing to watch for is if they or their backups missed a step in their dance routines! 🙃  They were my #11 over the weekend, and the bookies' #8.

9.41 (9) Armenia (Q)

This song is reminiscent of the Lumineers' 2012 hit "Ho, Hey!"  It remains to be seen if Rosa Linn ever heard of this pop/folk/rock fusion band.  She easily had the largest prop of the night.

I must say I am looking forward to Thursday, even though I'm thinking it will be much harder to score. 😎

Edited by CookyMonzta

11 hours ago, istersay said:

thanks I will try to watch the next one but don't know if I can find a stream without paying :rofl:

If you have a VPN, use it and set it to another country (preferably European).  I have mine set to Belgium.

If not, go to svtplay.se, and enter 'Eurovision Song Contest' in the search bar.  If you can cut through the Swedish, it should lead you to the upcoming live streams of the second semifinal and the grand final.

Didn’t know there was an Eurovision thread!

- Going in my favorites are probably France and Portugal (who happen to be my country’s only two neighbors) Greece, Ukraine, Sweden and Italy’s songs are really good too.

- Rooting for Spain to finally get a good placement but I’m not holding my breath. The song itself is meh but Chanel is one hell of a performer.

46 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Didn’t know there was an Eurovision thread!

- Going in my favorites are probably France and Portugal (who happen to be my country’s only two neighbors) Greece, Ukraine, Sweden and Italy’s songs are really good too.

- Rooting for Spain to finally get a good placement but I’m not holding my breath. The song itself is meh but Chanel is one hell of a performer.

After what just happened to Ronela and her team's dance routine, Spain's chances may have become just a bit more problematic, even though I think Chanel's song is much better.

Ukraine is singing in the first-half of the final.  Check out the draw at EurovisionWorld.com.

I think Rosa from Armenia is going to end up singing first, because she has the biggest prop so far in this competition and the production team might want to get that out of the way.

Given all the prospects for Germany, especially on the bookies' boards as the worst of the Big Five by far, Malik can't afford to be assigned 1st or 2nd in the singing order.  He could be so quickly forgotten that he could end up with James Newman's dreaded double-0 by the time they get to the roll-call of points awarded.  His stage setup is going to have to be reminiscent of Michael Schulte's (Germany 2018), to avoid ending up with a blank scorecard from either the jury or the televoters.

8 hours ago, CookyMonzta said:

If you have a VPN, use it and set it to another country (preferably European).  I have mine set to Belgium.

If not, go to  , and enter 'Eurovision Song Contest' in the search bar.  If you can cut through the Swedish, it should lead you to the upcoming live streams of the second semifinal and the grand final.

thanks! watching some performances on there