SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (US10) (Winner Posted)

.Rei

NL4 RESULTS PART THREE

12. Stéphanie Evenepoel & Meysam Noori - "No Air" - (Lyrical Hip-Hop by Vincent Vianen)

8fv4pl.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

@.Rei - 5

@Erestor - 7

@totes4totes - 9

@taylorkat - 17

@FrogLenzen - 18

Avg. Score = 11.20

COMMENTS

Rei

I like Meysam and Stephanie a lot and I find this routine to be very good. The second best hip hop after All of the lights. Stephanie was by far the best girl doing hip hop this season.

Megan

I have to admit that I don't dislike NL4 as much as everybody else does. And I think that's because the routines and dancers I like I really like. And Meysam and Stéphanie are two of my favorite dancers from the Benelux series. This is just some great choreography from Vincent Vianen who doesn't ever exclude the hip-hop from "lyrical" hip-hop (seriously compare this to NappyTabs's choreo to the same song, you'll see the content difference). I could do without the kiss at the end, but overall this is just very strong, very good dancing.

Derek

It’s cute. Music cut questionable and obviously the song just makes you think of Katua but it wasn’t bad or anything.

11. Anna-Alicia Sklias & Sedrig Verwoert - "Whataya Want From Me" - (Jazz by Percey Kruythof) 

8fv5bi.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Rei - 7

Derek - 8

Gigi - 8

Megan - 10

Patryk  - 19

Avg. Score = 10.40

COMMENTS

Rei

It is always refreshing to see a jazz routine with no concept and just pure dancing. Both dancers did great, this is very good.

Derek

Criminal that they made Sedrig wait this long to get a good routine. Some of the partnering wasn’t super powerful but there were a lot of good moments to help compensate.

Megan

I am glad Sedrig got a routine in here because he is so good and is probably the dancer who was done the worst by the general mediocrity of NL4. He's actually so good in this routine that even I, an Anna-Alicia Sklias STAN, can see how his technique is like so far beyond hers. But I am in love with her and she is an ALLY so it does not matter. ❤️

10.  Anna-Alicia Sklias & Juvat Westendorp - "The Lonely" - (Modern by Peter Isabelle Beernaert)

8fv5q8.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Megan - 5

Rei - 6

Gigi - 12

Derek - 13

Patryk  - 14

Avg. Score = 10.00

COMMENTS

Megan

Opposite of the way that I get tired of watching the English version contemporaries, I NEVER get tired of a moody Isabelle Beernaert modern routine. I could watch whatever she puts out on REPEAT. I think it helps that Benelux tends to have slightly older dancers capable of portraying things like heartbreak and depth of emotion more believably. I think it's also just because I tend to just like the vibe of Isabelle herself. Anna-Alicia and Juvat are two of the hottest dancers to be on this show and I love this from both of them.

Rei

Juvat was very lucky that his moderns were danced along Anna or Nina, cause they are so good at their craft that one can just ignore him. Anna did amazingly good here. This is just standard Isabelle but standard Isabelle is always very good.

Derek

nPretty. Would love to see Nina do it oop. They made some pretty pictures but a lot of the in between didn’t keep me invested. Not much of an arc in the piece either actually.

9. Anna-Alicia Sklias & Meysam Noori - "I Am" - (Lyrical Hip-Hop by Lucinda Wessels and Caggie Gulum)

8fv6p2.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Gigi - 6

Derek - 7

Megan - 8

Patryk  - 9

Rei - 17

Avg. Score = 9.40

COMMENTS

Derek

hot. Meysam ate

Megan

Now that one of my beloved former IDF Husbands no longer is on this forum becuase he's too busy actually living his life as a dancer, I am the NUMBER ONE Lucinda Wessels stan in this forum. I love Lucinda. I love Caggie. I love this choreography. And I think Anna-Alicia and Meysam did a great job.

Rei

They did good but I wasn't a fan of the choreography.

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL4) (#12-9 Posted)