SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (US10) (Round 8)

.Rei

NL3 RESULTS PART TWO

16. Natascha Dejong & Floris Bosveld - "We No Speak Americano" - (Quickstep by Peter Bosveld) 

7z03p0.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

@totes4totes - 5

@Erestor - 10

@taylorkat - 14

@kritaaay - 14

@.Rei - 18

@FrogLenzen - 18

Avg. Score = 13.17

COMMENTS

Megan

For some reason in my drive I have like the WHOLE finale episode! Chunked in to pieces but it's all there! Packages and everything. However the like framerate of this quickstep is still freaked. IDK what's up with that! But this is great! I love Peter Bosveld's choreography. Floris and Natascha are charming. It's a very classic quickstep done to a very fun song. This is the routine I saw and I was like "oh he's winning and I am actually very fine with that!"

Kriti

This was super fun but the other Quickstep was better.

Rei

Yeah I would also need a better video to judge this better. It looked nice and fun but couldn't really see if they nailed the technique or not

Derek

Cute. Would need better video quality to enjoy it more

15. Enora Oplinus & Lorenzo van Velzen Bottazzi - "Hou Me Vast" - (Rumba by Roemjana de Haan and Koen Brouwers)

7yx430.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Gigi - 2

Derek - 9

Kriti - 12

Megan - 15

Patryk  - 18

Rei - 20

Avg. Score = 12.67

COMMENTS

Derek

ugh she is stunningggggg who needs rumba content when you have Enora. Also the lifts were effortless, good job guys

Kriti

I like this dance a lot, but I will point you to Megan's comments that she has definitely written about the BTS drama that happened during rehearsals. Also the Week 4 Rumba is a real thing in the Benelux seasons. Weird trend.

Megan

I am FAMOUSLY not a rumba person but this is very good! This had one of the more dramatic packages because Roemjana and Koen basically told Enora that she was extremely cold and portrayed no emotion ever until she was crying! It was very much break them down so we can build her back up. That's the BENELUX way. Anyway, this is good. Their chemistry is actually very good even though they didn't like each other very much!

Rei

There's literally no rumba content in this.. this is very nice for a jazz routine 

14. Lise Alexander & Jahir "Chico" Suriel - "That Man" - (Quickstep by Wim Gevaerts and Els Zwijsen)

7yw329.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Megan - 3

Rei - 10

Kriti - 13

Patryk  - 14

Derek - 16

Gigi - 17

Avg. Score = 12.17

COMMENTS

Megan

I think we need to accept the truth that for whatever reason and despite only having like three total sets of ballroom choreographers, the Benelux version just NAILS standard ballroom in a way that like not any other version does. I mean we have TWO quicksteps in this top 20! Lise and Chico are both so entertaining and such great dancers. This is just the perfect combination of great song, great choreo, great dancing.

Rei

Like Derek said there was a lot of filler but the actual quickstep parts were danced incredibly by these two. They also sold the hell outta this performance.

Kriti

This was CUTE, more fun than your usual quickstep! I enjoy the US version to this song a little more, though.

Derek

NL knows how to do good quicksteps with great dresses and music. This had a lot of filler but it was still fun

13. Hettie Leroy & Floris Bosveld - "99 Problems" - (Hip-Hop by Ish Ait Hamou)

7yx37a.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Kriti - 1

Megan - 4

Rei - 8

Patryk  - 13

Gigi - 18

Derek - 20

Avg. Score = 10.67

COMMENTS

Kriti

I die with laughter when the song goes "I'm young and I'm black" and the camera zooms in on Whitest Boy Ever Floris. Anyway this was very, very good. Lowkey Hettie is underrated. Also I love Ish's range.. Comptine and then this? Who is doing it like him.

Megan

I am a big Floris fan. I would have had either woman win over him and I think Chico is the better dancer but like. I'm not mad that he won. I think a routine like this where he's in his genre shows like how good he is at dancing but more important how fun he is to watch on stage. That should be a given but sometimes it doesn't always happen (especially for the US in hip-hop during the TabbyNaps years!). This is probably Ish Ait Hamou's second best routine (a distant second) and I think it's probably for the best that he joined the judging panel after this season. Hettie is good enough to not be distracting and looks like she fits in. Definitely her highlight of the season even if she pales in comparison to Floris.

Rei

Floris is just incredibly good at hip hop. This was also very very good choreography from Ish. Hettie did surprisingly good here. Floris murdered this. Imagine giving this a 20!!

Derek

How did Hettie sneak into the finals here lol