Apr 18th Concert to Benefit Local Food Banks ~ WDBJ7 ~ 7.00PM

buttons66

CONCERT TO BENEFIT LOCAL FOOD BANKS 

SINGING FOR THEIR SUPPER

SATURDAY April 18th ~ 7.00PM

Please join us Saturday night! Artists include Scotty McCreery, members of Toad the Wet Sprocket, The Spin Doctors, Lady Antebellum and Sugarland.

ROANOKE, Va. (WDBJ7)-- WDBJ7 will broadcast a benefit concert called “Sing for Their Supper” to raise funds for two local food banks Saturday, April 18 at 7 p.m.-8pm

singing+for+their+supper.png

Feeding Southwest Virginia and the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank will be the two recipients of all money raised during the hour-long concert, which will include performing artists such as Scotty McCreery, members of Toad the Wet Sprocket, The Spin Doctors, Lady Antebellum and Sugarland.

“Although we are living through a world-wide pandemic, we know our viewers are especially concerned about the impact on family, friends and neighbors here in our hometowns,” said Matt Pumo, WDBJ7’s president and general manager. “Because we are so concerned with keeping food pantries stocked right now, we’ll kick off the giving with a substantial check to each of these food banks. We are confident our viewers will pick up the ball on Saturday night and run with it.”

WDBJ7 will promote both food banks’ websites for direct monetary contributions during the broadcast.

Edited by buttons66

This thing seems to be growing by the minute with more info..

aug_chronicle's profile picture

Famous musicians will sing their hearts out on Saturday at 7 p.m. as they raise money for food banks. “Singing For Their Supper” will air across 40 markets, including News 12 CBS (12.1) and NBC 26 (12.2 & 26.1) in Augusta.

=====================================================

Seems that this telethon will be broadcast on GRAY TELEVISON

Edited by buttons66

Stations to be showing ...

WITN – Greenville/Washington/New Bern, NC WECT – Wilmington, NC WBTV – Charlotte, NC WAGM/WWPI – Presque Isle, ME WABI – Bangor, ME WNDU – South Bend, IN WKYT – Lexington, KY WVLT – Knoxville, TN WMBF – Myrtle Beach, SC WYMT –Hazard, KY KEVN –Rapid City, SD WTAP –Parkersburg, WV

WDTV – Clarksburg, VW WIBW – Topeka, KS KKTV – Colorado Spring, CO KSWO – Lawton, OK/Wichita Falls, TX WBRC – Birmingham, AL WMC – Memphis, TN KAIT – Jonesboro, AR KFVS – Cape Girardeau, MO KKCO – Grand Junction, CO WMTV – Madison, WI KY3 – Springfield, MO

WRDW/WAGT – Augusta, GA WIS – Columbia, SC WCSC – Charleston, SC WTOC – Savannah, GA WALB – Albany, GA WTVM – Columbus, GA WWSB – Sarasota/Tampa, FL WCJB – Gainesville, FL WJHG – Panama City, FL WCTV – Tallahassee,FL WRGX – Dothan, AL

WXIX – Cincinnati, OH WLUC – Marquette, MI KSFY – Sioux Falls, SD WFIE – Evansville, IN WWNY – Watertown, NY KGNB – Honolulu, HI KOLO – Reno, NV WBKO – Bowling Green, KY WWBT – Richmond, VA WSAW – Wausau, WI KWQC – Davenport, IA WDBJ – Roanoke, VA WSAZ – Huntington, WV

Edited by buttons66

2 hours ago, tfortexas said:

So a lot of stations carrying this, but all money contributed goes to that one food bank?  Not the one in the stations local? 

I believe it goes to different food banks. The TV station I potsed above was the first one I found on FB before anything else was announced . There are obviously far more and it appears from various pages I have seen relating I believe there may be food banks in all the different areas chosen to recieve funds.

FYI.....Sherrry..I just saw this so yes the money contributed is going to different foodbanks

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - WBTV and Gray Television are proud to present a musical telethon, “Singing for their Supper”! This national fundraiser is committed to local food banks across the country.

Here in the Carolinas, we are raising funds for Second Harvest Food Bank.

Customized local messages in each station’s broadcast will drive donations directly to the local station’s area food bank.  Gray Television and its participating stations are collectively donating more than $100,000 for hunger relief and local COVID-19 response efforts.

Edited by buttons66