The Wrestling Official Thread

It seems like WWE is slowly coming out of some PG restrictions.

Cody OWNED the rock in the raw segment. He had incredible lines.

"I don't think you're a heel  I think you're an as**ole."

"You're a Terrible salesman and a corny succubus. For those who don't know, you're a whinny b**ch."

"At Wrestlemania, are you gonna be the hero I grew up watching? Are you gonna bring that big Dwayne energy, or is it gonna be LDS? Little D Syndrome."

"Rock, I don't think you're the final boss. At Wrestlemania, I think you're just gonna be Roman's side chick."

I love how Cody acknowledged that people wanna see him go full homelander mode. This is the worst beatdown The Rock has received ever since John Cena, who also owned him on the mic.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

Man, I almost cried watching this. Some people will never realize how much love so many WWE fans have for John Cena that around the world that grew up in mid 2000s and early 2010s. 😭😭😭

Edited by Hamza Tufail

• 2 weeks later...

So happy for Trick and Melo, they're going to be the main event at NXT "Stand & Deliver." NXT is just on another level. Including Cody, Punk, Randy, Gargano, and Ciampa in this package made this even more special. This main event proves that story-telling and build-up matters more than actual wrestling. ilja is one of the best wrestlers in the entire world, but Trick/Melo's story is just so better that it gave them the main event. This package is CINEMA!

This Ilja v. DeAngelo segment was gold as well. Ilja literally got kidnapped.  😂

This is the best storyline I've seen in women's wrestling ever since I started watching.

I love Bayley. but my love for Iyo has quadrupled after seeing all her stuff on NXT and Stardom. I truly believe Iyo is the best in-ring female performer on the planet. She's the Shawn Michaels of the women's division. Now I want to see Iyo take the win. But I would be 100% fine with Bayley as well.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

I'm really disappointed with the crowd. They were dead the whole time and only came alive for Cody's and Seth's entrances and R Rruth's win. I get that it was an open stadium, but I bet if this was in the UK, they would've torn the house down despite the open stadium.

I havent watched live in a long time💀 but congrats to Cody!!! and also

Samantha being emotional announcing Cody as the new champion 😭😭

she might be my favorite ring announcer of all time

Edited by erik g
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, erik g said:

I havent watched live in a long time💀 but congrats to Cody!!! and also

Samantha being emotional announcing Cody as the new champion 😭😭

she might be my favorite ring announcer of all time

1. Samantha is in my top 2. I'm pretty sure she'll become my #1 after some time. I just think Lilian Garcia was incredible as well. 

2. I love the entire Wrestlemania, but man, that main event was just on another level. It gave that big match feel. Such a roller coaster ride.

3. I've been watching Wrestlemanias live since 2014 (WM 30). I think this match is my favourite Wrestlemania match of all time. And this whole moment was my favorite moment of all time. Roman is in my top 3 all time list, but Cody deserved this moment.

4. Props to Seth Rollins. He was indeed Cody's shield. What a story they told when Roman could've beat Cody, but his obsession with Seth's shield betrayal cost him the match.

• Like 1

I've seen so many videos on insta and Tiktok seeing grown men cry. It was just so emotional to us. I've seen Cody getting the jobber treatment in 2014 and 2015. I've seen the Dashing Cody, Un dashing Cody, the mustache Cody, Stardust, and now the American Nightmare Cody. Back in the day I wouldn't have believed that one day Cody will be in the main event scene. Man, I can't tell how happy and emotional I am.

It's probably gonna take me a week or so to recover.

Also, big props to Iyo Sky. Bayley deserved that moment, but Iyo was clearly the better in ring performer. I still stand by the claim that Iyo is the best in ring female wrestler on the planet.

This was my exact reaction. Haven't cried for wrestling in a long, long time... But I had to. This meant so much. It was Us, Cody's fans/Cody Crybabies, who made that possible. They gave him his match back only because of the backlash from his fan base.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5gP7dTLSCs/?igsh=NHRlemRvYXo3ZjQ1

Tonight's raw was fantastic as well. Crowd booed The Rock like they boo Dominik. They chanted "Rocky Sucks," "A**hole," and "Shut The F#&k Up."

This really felt like a Raw after Mania crowd.

Also, I'm glad that when people were booing Roman the moment Cody mentioned his name, He (Cody) took a moment and said he acknowledges Roman. He acknowledged all of the work Roman has done for this industry. Then crowd (including diehard Cody fans that were holding his American nightmare banners) started chanting "Thank You Roman." Feels so good to hear those chants, considering 7 years ago the crowd at Raw after Mania chanted "F You Roman."

Damn, Cody is such a draw. WWE had it's highest viewership for raw in 4 years. Cody's opening segment reached 3.2M viewers, despite it going up against NCAA championship.

And Cody's merchandise sold over 1M $  throughout the Wrestlemania weekend. Wow.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

So WWE did a few house shows in UK these past 4 days. And of course, we knows, all these shows were build around Cody as he's the top guy rn. He sold 15k in Birmingham and 16k in O2 arena, London. I don't think anyone in WWE has ever sold these numbers for a WWE house show, not Hulk Hogan, not Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, HHH, Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Batista, John Cena, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, NO ONE. These numbers are insane. Cody stayed for hours even after the events ended. One of his fans proposed his gf in front of Cody, and he seemed to enjoy that. He even took responsibility for the tickets for 4 of his other fans. 

He's the best thing going on in WWE right now.