Baseball Thread

Kert

NO DH. :argue:If we had to use one set of rules, make the pitchers bat in the AL.

I like the idea of re-starting on Independence Day weekend, but some of these ideas are just :wacko: Ideas meant to be just contingency plans due to the pandemic are going to become permanent once Baseball returns to normal operations in 2021. 😨 

That being said, I would rather have NO 2020 SEASON AT ALL before we adopt a universal DH.

Edited by ShortstopVM

It doesn't feel like the reward is enough for sustained success in the regular season

LMAOOOO The ESPN announcers were suggesting that MLB use a playoff format similar to that of the KBO, where the #1 seed would get some kind of insane byes (or be given some other reward, such as home-field for ALL of their games)

#FOH with that nonsense Ravech; the MLB Postseason doesn't need to be mucked up any further. I like my parity just fine; if you can't prove you're the best in the regular season by winning in the Postseason, then you truly weren't the best... 🤷‍♂️

fuck outta here the kid mero GIF by Desus & Mero

Edited by ShortstopVM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2020 at 10:09 AM, ShortstopVM said:

So, I read this ESPN article about how a shortened season would look like, once The Show finally gets on the road. I did some math in my head regarding when would the Postseason end if it were to be pushed back into mid-October...

Here is what I came up with:

- If the regular season were to end on October 15, Game 7 of the WS could be played either on November 15 (if we started the WS on Saturday, 11/7) or on November 18 (if we started the WS on Tuesday, 11/10) - recently we've been starting the Fall Classic on a Tuesday but in the past, the Series has started on a Saturday.

- If the regular season were to end on October 31 November 1, Game 7 of the WS would be on December 2.

- Note: In either scenario, I haven't even factored in a potential off-day for Election Day, which would be November 10 3 - and that's assuming it doesn't get re-scheduled 😱 

EDIT: Election Day is the 3rd, not the 10th... But my point still stands, though...

If MLB extended the regular season into October, they could've had 76-80 games (if they ended on October 15), or 86-90 games (if they ended on November 1). I wouldn't have minded having the Postseason in November - even if it's cooler in certain cities (especially if fans would still be prohibited from attending)...

I'm glad that Baseball will be back, but they could've done more than 60 games... :blargwave:

On 5/25/2020 at 7:33 PM, ShortstopVM said:

The Pensacola Blue Wahoos have listed their stadium for lodging on AirBnB. :shock:

DOES THIS MEAN THAT THE MINOR LEAGUE SEASON IS CANCELLED?!?!? 😱

Welp, it's official... 😢 The writing was on the wall... 💔

And with the proposed realignment in the balance, who knows what will happen to the Minor Leagues in 2021 and beyond... 😟

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Domingo German, I wouldn't be surprised if he's just opting out of this season - he still has to serve his DV-related suspension, for which he has over sixty games left (excluding the Postseason). In the heat of the moment [when he wrote his "I'm leaving Baseball" post], he probably thought it wasn't worth it for him to report to his team, only to serve what amounts to a season-long suspension.

Yeah, we're gonna have to go back to the drawing board... 😬It's apparent that a few players still have that rust on them...

We committed four errors on defense tonight; thankfully, some of those guys won't be on the final roster lol

One more Summer Camp game before we end The Longest Offseason Ever on Friday

It's nuts that the season starts in three days and the Blue Jays do not have a home facility. The federal government made the right decision, but I don't know why it took everyone so long to get to this point. This whole thing is such a disorganized mess, mainly because of Manfred.

🤢 🤢 🤢 🤢 🤢

First of all, they had FOUR MONTHS to discuss this, and it was tabled. Somebody please tell me WHY the :censored: are we trying to fix something that's not make something more broken when there is four hours to first pitch?!?!? :argh: :argue:

Edited by ShortstopVM