The Voice 24 ● Recap & Live Top 12 Results ● Discussion

istersay

Watching again, Tanner was quite good actually.  Clearly he was fighting Bandzilla over the chorus and losing, but not like he was egregiously pitchy or anything.  It was the most ambitious song choice of the night (kudos to him for the cajones), but ultimately it was too big of a song for him.  IMO, he needs something "prettier" for the IS to have a chance, maybe some rock-lite, like a rock ballad, if rock is what he wants to sing. An appropriate choice for a save song would be blink-182's "One More Time"? 😂 Or if the pop route, maybe some Harry Styles.

Ruby was arguably the pitchiest contestant last night not including Tanner. Disappointed with her this round. 6/10

Nini >> Lila > Jacquie > Kara >> Ruby >> Tanner

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 2

Lila is solid, and has such a pretty tone, but I can't help wanting Alexa depths of emotional connection from her.  Ditto for Ruby tbh.  To be fair, Ruby came awfully close to that level of greatness last round. Here she regressed somewhat, for me and vocally too, while Lila maintained solid parity--she's proving to be very consistent.

Edited by dirActing

I did not like this song choice for him but Huntley is such a good vocalist that it wound up being a great performance anyway. That screech was awesome. 8.5/10

Nini > Huntley > Lila > Jacquie > Kara >> Ruby >> Tanner

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

I did not like this song choice for him but Huntley is such a good vocalist that it wound up being a great performance anyway. That screech was awesome. 8.5/10

Nini > Huntley > Lila > Jacquie > Kara >> Ruby >> Tanner

He did well with it but hope he chooses something better next week

Ex-Factor is an all-time great song and AZÁN didn't fully do it justice but it was still good. 7/10

Nini > Huntley > Lila > Jacquie > AZÁN = Kara >> Ruby >> Tanner

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

Just now, istersay said:

same for me, maybe was the song, she needed something memorable

Ex-factor isn't really a catchy song yeah, and you kind of need the extended outro for it to work. It's a great song but maybe not a good choice for the 2:30 time limit.

• Like 1

Just now, FloorWax said:

Ex-factor isn't really a catchy song yeah, and you kind of need the extended outro for it to work. It's a great song but maybe not a good choice for the 2:30 time limit.

I wish the coaches and contestants thought more about that, it's a competition, they have to try to stand out

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion I actually liked Jordan last night 😶. I like her tone more than most people and I thought it was a good fit for the song. 7.5/10. 

Nini > Huntley > Lila > Jacquie = Jordan > AZÁN = Kara >> Ruby >> Tanner