Cadence: Performances on Idol VS on Tiktok

Rainbow_of_greys

The difference is unbelievable! What the heck happened to this girl? I think she completely lost her way when she got into the actual competition.

The Story

Screeching, one-note mess:

Beautiful, soft rendition - if she sang like this on the show she could have won:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLbhX4hK/

Train Wreck

This was all over the place and wavered between singing too low/quiet VS screeching.

This is very good and shows control, versatility in tone, and just overall a great vocal.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLbhHVuU/

Such wasted potential! I think it was nerves/being on the big stage/being away from home? She wasn’t ready... she has star potential.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

The amount of hate this performance gets is disgusting… 

Yeah it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. She definitely should have picked a better song and she needs to get more comfortable on stage but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

The amount of hate this performance gets is disgusting… 

I don’t think it’s THAT bad on its own, but when compared to the tiktok version, it pales in comparison. I think she was nervous so she got screechy when she could have relied on softer runs near the end. There are some definite moments in there though. I also think it should have been enough to put her through this week, especially over Dan.

40 minutes ago, erik g said:

I didn't think "Trainwreck" was great but after a rewatch i realized it wasnt as bad as people made it out to be. 

Yea it does get better after a few watches lol it’s definitely not horrible. The run at 1:39 on “out” is really clean and impressive. I just REALLY wish she’d chosen a better song though. “Somethings got a hold on me” was amazing. Sigh. 

Edited by Rainbow_of_greys
  • Like 1