New Season 19 Promo!!!

Bk1234

• Bk1234 changed the title to New Season 19 Promo!!!

🙄 

They haven't found another Kelly/Carrie/Daughtry ETC. for YEARS.

Not since Phillip Phillips. IMO

Gabby is doing well with awards, charts, and radio play.

IMAGINE THAT. Radio play and a decent song becoming a hit with wait for it... PROMOTION by the record label. Yeah, I'm bitter. lol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

🙄 

IMAGINE THAT. Radio play and a decent song becoming a hit with wait for it... PROMOTION by the record label. Yeah, I'm bitter. lol

So you’re saying the goal is to not win Idol? 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

GOD GAWD YES. RUNNER UP ALL THE WAY BABABEH. lolz jk:lmao:

Nah even Just Sam and Laine have been treated badly by Hollywood R's not just Maddie... 

I will say. I don't hate Gabby. I hate when IDOL DOES THAT THING WHERE THEY CAN'T SHUT UP ABOUT A SUCCESSFUL ALUMNI's CAREER.

See it's annoying in all CAPs isn't it? That's what AI basically does when an alumni member is successful with something! :lmao:

7 hours ago, KelseyW said:

I will say. I don't hate Gabby. I hate when IDOL DOES THAT THING WHERE THEY CAN'T SHUT UP ABOUT A SUCCESSFUL ALUMNI's CAREER.

See it's annoying in all CAPs isn't it? That's what AI basically does when an alumni member is successful with something! :lmao:

I mean, they’re not wrong for doing so. Putting Maddie Poppe in that ad would have little to no effect, since no one knows who she is besides a few dedicated Idol fans. 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

I mean, they’re not wrong for doing so. Putting Maddie Poppe in that ad would have little to no effect, since no one knows who she is besides a few dedicated Idol fans. 😅

Yeah if they are going to hype up people for American Idol. They are going to use people who have been the talk of the town. Carrie Underwood has been the talk of the town for years and Gabby Barrett has been the talk of the town since her new song I Hope featuring Charlie Puth. If Maddie Poppe starts having that kind of success, then maybe American Idol will take the time to fully recognize her and feature her in future American Idol promo videos.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KelseyW said:

They do it because they are afraid of losing viewers since Gabby Barrett is the only one from the ABC version of American Idol to have major success.

9 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Well Jennifer Hudson didn't win American Idol and Jennifer Hudson not Fantasia Barrino is going to play Aretha Franklin in an upcoming movie. It's another opporunity for Jennifer Hudson to win an Oscar since she won an Oscar/Academy Award for Dreamgirls for Best Supporting Actress. Jennifer Hudson has said that Aretha Franklin personally chose her to play Aretha Franklin in the upcoming film. Jennifer Hudson was saying how Aretha Franklin made a joke saying that she hopes Jennifer Hudson wins an Oscar for playing her. Jennifer Hudson said she felt that was too much pressure.

9 hours ago, KelseyW said:

GOD GAWD YES. RUNNER UP ALL THE WAY BABABEH. lolz jk:lmao:

Nah even Just Sam and Laine have been treated badly by Hollywood R's not just Maddie... 

Gabby Barrett wasn't even a runner up though. She finished in 3rd place. Caleb Lee Hutchinson and Alejandro Aranda, the runner ups from American Idol Season 16 and American Idol Season 17 haven't had major success. Just Sam just won American Idol last season. We should be giving her some time to figure out what kind of music she wants to do. Same with the runner up Arthur Gunn from last season.

10 hours ago, KelseyW said:

🙄 

It's more of a big deal though because the remix version of the song I Hope (not the original) has Charlie Puth featured in it. Charlie Puth is a really big and famous pop singer. He also is a great singer songwriter and has wrote songs for many well known artists/singers.

Edited by anticoronaperson

3 minutes ago, anticoronaperson said:

Just Sam just won American Idol last season. We should be giving her some time to figure out what kind of music she wants to do. Same with the runner up Arthur Gunn from last season.

Agreed. Just Sam just won, plus she was thrown into the music industry in the midst of COVID-19.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Agreed. Just Sam just won, plus she was thrown into the music industry in the midst of COVID-19.

Yeah when the last season could have been delayed until things got way better so the show didn't feel rushed and Just Sam wouldn't have been thrown into the music industry in the midst of COVID-19. But they didn't delay the season and that's fine. But it's going to take time for Just Sam to make progress in her music career.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, anticoronaperson said:

It's more of a big deal though because the remix version of the song I Hope (not the original) has Charlie Puth featured in it. Charlie Puth is a really big and famous pop singer. He also is a great singer songwriter and has wrote songs for many well known artists/singers.

The Charlie Puth version is so much worse, in my opinion. 🤣

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

The Charlie Puth version is so much worse, in my opinion. 🤣

I don't know. I kind of like it. I like Charlie Puth in general. He's got a unique sound to his voice. I'm just saying that having a well respected and known singer on a remix version of a song at times could help get someone to be recognized and famous in a short amount of time. If she didn't do the remix version with Charlie Puth, there's a possibility she wouldn't be as famous as she is now. There's no way to know for certain though, but having Charlie Puth do a song with Gabby Barrett was definitely a move in the right direction. I will admit though that some of the lyrics in the song sound a bit weak, but if the song was revised (which I know they won't do, that's why I said if), then maybe it would be better for the original version and the remix. Overall, I really like the original version of I Hope and the remix version of I Hope featuring Charlie Puth.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, anticoronaperson said:

I don't know. I kind of like it. I like Charlie Puth in general. He's got a unique sound to his voice. I'm just saying that having a well respected and known singer on a remix version of a song at times could help get someone to be recognized and famous in a short amount of time. If she didn't do the remix version with Charlie Puth, there's a possibility she wouldn't be as famous as she is now. There's no way to know for certain though, but having Charlie Puth do a song with Gabby Barrett was definitely a move in the right direction. I will admit though that some of the lyrics in the song sound a bit weak, but if the song was revised (which I know they won't do, that's why I said if), then maybe it would be better for the original version and the remix. Overall, I really like the original version of I Hope and the remix version of I Hope featuring Charlie Puth.

I agree that it helped her become more popular, but I just don’t like that version as much. 🤷‍♂️