Where To Watch Old Seasons Of International Idol Shows

WRSE

Back in the day there was a forum called Idol Craze that provided links to episodes of non American shows of the Idol franchise.  I was a big part of that community for years, but never saved most of the content after I watched it.  

Anyone know of anywhere I can get old seasons of shows like Canadian Idol, Australian Idol, or NZ Idol?

I know there has to be at least a handful of people who saved their copies, right?

• 1 year later...

After a year and a half I am still left with no answers.  I figured to bump the old thread to see if anyone has returned from the old days.  Most of this stuff is not on Youtube or streaming services.

Old DVDs..?  When were any old seasons ever released?

I was able to find copies of the old American Idol seasons.  I can't seem to find much from the international shows.

47 minutes ago, WRSE said:

Old DVDs..?  When were any old seasons ever released?

I was able to find copies of the old American Idol seasons.  I can't seem to find much from the international shows.

Ooops. I misread this thinking you meant AI as in AMERICAN IDOL... So sorry!

I was talking America's version mainly. There were a few Idol DVD's released. Even one for the season 6 finale.

Edited by KelseyW

1 hour ago, Carrie_On said:

DailyMotion has some seasons of Canadian Idol. 

With the exception of the season 5 finale, I have all of season 5 and 6 as individual episodes (not in parts).  I also have all of season 2.

I only have partials of seasons 1, 3, and 4.

• 8 months later...

Hey I used to use Idol Craze all the time too, though I think I had a different user name and wasn't a huge poster beyond the occasional "thanks for this upload" or "I liked ____ performance".

This would be a pretty tough find unfortunately. For whatever reason Idol fans weren't the kind of people that archived there stuff well the way some old shows are. I just checked an Australian private torrent tracker that I'm still a member of and none of the old seasons of Australian Idol have even a single seeder. And outside of torrent trackers everyone always shared there stuff in extremely non permanent ways like mediafire or megaupload links.

I still have the audio saved of some performances, like Lisa Mitchell's stuff, I was really into her music back in the day, but don't think I've held onto a single episode of the actual show.

It is a bummer, because that stuff would be majorly nostalgic now. But try telling me it was worth the harddrive space 17 years ago to save full seasons, right?

If you ever do find any of those old seasons archived anywhere please update us all here too, I feel I'd unlock a lot of hidden memories to see it again.

Edited by Riphal
just wanted to add a little more to the message.

• 11 months later...
On 5/16/2022 at 11:20 PM, WRSE said:

With the exception of the season 5 finale, I have all of season 5 and 6 as individual episodes (not in parts).  I also have all of season 2.

I only have partials of seasons 1, 3, and 4.

Do you have the season 5 audition episodes by any chance? We recently found out a coworker was featured in the season 5 audition episode in Montreal and we've been trying to find it