The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1

sydneysam

Live-Shows-Week-4.png

ย 

ย 

Greetings and welcome back to The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1 Phase 2!

ย 

ย 

Last night, the fate of each of our Final 12 remaining artists were revealed. Since Ali Caldwell already received the Mentorsโ€™ Immunity again, she automatically moved forward in the Semi-Final round happening tonight. Fifth Harmony were revealed to be the recipients of the Youtube Bonus Multiplier last night that greatly affected in their final score, deeming them as one of the highest public scorers during that night. Sadly, 4th Impact, Amanda Brown, and MaKenzie Thomas got the lowest combined scores from the public were automatically eliminated. Meanwhile, Jamie Miller and Alisan Porter got a chance to fight it off for the 8th slot in the Semi-Finals. The Sing-Offs had a tight fight, resulting into the Live Showsโ€™ very first, Deadlock. After basing on the votes from the last performances, Alisan Porter unfortunately had lower score than Jamie, resulting in her elimination.

ย 

ย 

If you ever want to recap yourself with the results show last night, just click the link below:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Starting tonight, the fate of ALL ARTISTS is in your hands. The Mentorsโ€™ Immunity WONโ€™T be used anymore. However, the scores from the mentors will still be shown.

ย 

ย 

Tonight, we will see as the Final 8 artists sing songs that their fans picked for them. Also, tonight, we will feature DUETS from our Final 8 artists. However, duets wonโ€™t be counted in the votes, it is just for a special performance. This is a crucial night because from 8, only 4 will survive and advance to our Grand Finale. The 3 artists with the lowest votes will be instantly eliminated, while the Middle 2 artists will fight it off for the 4th spot in the grand finale. Competition is growing tighter, who will survive and who will fall short?

ย 

ย 

Let the Voice: Idol Factor Part 1 Phase 2 BEGIN!

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• sydneysam changed the title to The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1 (LIVE SEMI-FINALS)

Let us first welcome our Final 8ย artists and their respective mentors!

ย 

ย 

Girls-Final-8.png

ย 

QueenMae and the Girls

Jessica Sanchez

ย 

ย 

Boys-Final-8-1.png

ย 

A-Kid and the Boys

Sheldon Riley

Aydan Calafiore

ย 

ย 

Groups-Final-8.png

ย 

IAN27TAY and the Groups

Fifth Harmony

ย 

ย 

Underdogs-Final-8.png

ย 

americanvoice and the Underdogs

Kennedy Holmes

Jamie Miller

ย 

ย 

Overs-Final-8.png

ย 

jarmon and the Over 25's

Angie Miller

Ali Caldwell

• Thanks 2

Opening out the Semi-Final round is the only remaining Group in this competition. Last week, they impressed the mentors and the viewers with yet another stellar performance of a Little Mix hit. They impressed the viewers so much resulting into them being the recent recipient of the Youtube Bonus Multiplier, dominating the views in the youtube videos. Will they impress us once again tonight?

ย 

ย 

1. Fifth Harmony- Falling &ย  Head and Heart (Harry Styles & Joel Corry)

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

MENTORS COMMENTARIES

ย 

ย 

a-kid.png

ย 

*standing ovation* Ladies, that was a beautiful performance! I have always been critical for the mashed up songs, but goodness, this was really good. The transition from Falling to Head & Heart is really smooth. And those vocals? Ooh I just am genuinely amazed. You couldnโ€™t have done better than this tonight, a very smart move from you.

ย 

SCORE: 17/20

ย 

ย 

americanvoice.png

ย 

*standing ovation* Girls, that was such a gorgeous performance! I super love your harmonies, it was on point all through it. Each of you had a shining moment, which is plus points. I have never heard of Head and Heart to be honest but if you were to tell me that Falling and Head and Heart were not mashed up into a performance, I would've thought that that was only one song. You just have the perfect transition and it is a risk that payed of really well to you in my opinion.

ย 

SCORE: 15.5/20

ย 

ย 

IAN27TAY.png

ย 

*SCREAM,STANDS AND CLAPS* MY GIRLS! All of you have grown so much!! I love all of you so much. This performance just gave me an eargasm, those solo parts for me are one of the highlights of this performance, but those harmonies are the best! Iโ€™m just glad that after all of the struggles all of you got, you just get better every week and week. Thank you girls and goodluck!

ย 

SCORE: N/A (MENTOR)

ย 

ย 

jarmon.png

ย 

*standing ovation and cries* Wow! This was such a beautiful performance truly. You girls had such beautiful harmonies and y'all changed it up a bit from the original and it was so refreshing. Without a doubt your best performance in this competition. This was just an absolute masterpiece. I do have to say though, that sometimes when y'all were singing together, some parts were a bit off for me but overall such a solid performance.

ย 

SCORE: 17.5/20

ย 

ย 

QUEENMAE16.png

ย 

Like always girls, you have perfect harmonies, I'm going to cut to the chase on the solo parts. I loved the connection and emotion I felt from when you sang, and the head-voice to falsettos you did in the middle was flawless. I don't know if its just me, but the arrangement felt like it was dragging on though? I was hearing the build-up but then you dropped the ball on what could be big moments, however its up to the voters, if they connected with it, so good luck ladies!

ย 

SCORE: 12.5/20

• Thanks 2

ย 

ย 

ย 

Listen to this performance if you want for the Fifth Harmony to receive the 2x multiplier!

ย 

As well as, react to this (and the live performance post) if you want to vote for Fifth Harmony!

ย 

Thanks = 20 votes

Like = 10 votes

Sad = 5 votes

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Next performance for tonight is an artist who brought his A-game last week, impressing and captivating the hearts of both the mentors and the viewers after covering a Kodaline popular hit. Resulting in him being voted through via a public vote. Tonight, he will do yet another twist in a classic, will he impress us again?

ย 

ย 

2. Sheldon Riley- Canโ€™t Get You Out of My Head (Kylie Minogue)

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

MENTORS COMMENTARIES

ย 

ย 

a-kid.png

ย 

*standing ovation* Sheldon Riley! What a performance?! That was so good, I really miss this performance of yours and Iโ€™m glad a fan was able to suggest this song for ya! This is one of your bests and I couldnโ€™t be any more prouder as your mentor. You are just extravagantly unique. You made that song your own! I could not sink in that I was listening to that song like that, it was so smart Sheldon. Keep it up, my guy!

ย 

ย 

ย 

americanvoice.png

ย 

*standing ovation* Boy, you're just so badass. You slayed and made that iconic song your own! I just love how you were reserved at the start then start going to the highs during the later part of the performance. It was just near perfection for me. You're range and tone is out of this world.

ย 

SCORE: 16/20

ย 

ย 

IAN27TAY.png

ย 

*STANDS AND CLAPS* OMG, YOU JUST PROVED THAT YOU ARE THE DARK HORSE OF THIS COMPETITION.ย  I find this performance amazing although I think some partsย  just lack out of vocals. I think the instrumental just overpowered your vocals just a little tiny bit. Overall, out of all of your performance this is one of my favorites! Good luck Sheldon, shine shine shine!

ย 

ย 

ย 

jarmon.png

ย 

*standing ovation and claps* OMG SHELDON!!! The way you re-invented this song and made it your own is absolutely ASTONISHING! You know how to tell the story of the songs you sing so well. You also do this thing with your hands that just add so much dramatics to your performances and it just makes me love it more, this was an absolutely breathtakingly beautiful performance. You have your own artistry and it shows and I am HERE FOR IT.

ย 

SCORE: 18.5/20

ย 

ย 

QUEENMAE16.png

ย 

Our Indie and yet powerful boy coming through for us Sheldon! Once again taking a risk with a song like this, and delivering your own spin on it! I loved it every second of the way, I felt breathless if I'm being honest, this felt refreshing and different. That's what I like about you Sheldon, an amazing vocalist but also a stunning artist. We are watching you son! good luck Sheldon, you did a fantastic job again!

ย 

SCORE: 16.5/20

• Thanks 1

ย 

ย 

ย 

Listen to this performance if you want for the Sheldon to receive the 2x multiplier!

ย 

As well as, react to this (and the live performance post) if you want to vote for Sheldon!

ย 

Thanks = 20 votes

Like = 10 votes

Sad = 5 votes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Third performance for tonight is from an artist who closed out the Quarterfinals night, impressing the mentors and the viewers with a powerful Michael Buble song cover. She even had the 2nd highest combined scores from the mentors and had one of the highest votes from the viewers, resulting in her being voted through via the public vote. Tonight, she will take on yet another classic, will she nail it again?

ย 

ย 

3. Kennedy Holmes- Bleeding Love (Leona Lewis)

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MENTORS COMMENTARIES

ย 

ย 

a-kid.png

ย 

*claps* What a brave song choice Kennedy! The emotional maturity that this song needs is just hard to be fulfilled to be honest, but I think you delivered it just well. You have this gorgeous tone as well that you showcased tonight. However, I think it is a pretty safe song choice for me? It was kind of a predictable performance for me. Still, your vocals and star quality canโ€™t be denied, just keep it up Kennedy!

ย 

SCORE: 13/20

ย 

ย 

americanvoice.png

ย 

*standing ovation* I couldn't be more prouder for you Kennedy. You just showcased your beautiful tone tonight. After a stunning performance last time, you followed with yet another gorgeous performance. I so so love this song, and I am happy that a fan picked this for you. Keep slaying Kennedy!

ย 

ย 

ย 

IAN27TAY.png

ย 

*Claps* Wow, I really felt your emotion in this performance! This song really suits to your voice, and I love the idea that you stick to perform in the original key. However, thereโ€™s one thing that bothered me in this performance, and i donโ€™t know what it is. I just think I really have high expectations to this performance because this is one of my most favorite songs. Still, overall, ย it was wonderful and great.

ย 

SCORE: 15/20

ย 

ย 

jarmon.png

ย 

*claps and smiles* Kennedy! You really are the biggest surprise for me because you have been improving week by week. I do have to say that last week was a really amazing week for you as you delivered your best performance of the competition. So you had a lot to live up to this week, I do think that you did fall a little short this week but that said, it was such a pretty performance and your was stunning and I did like seeing the softer side to your voice but it wasn't as memorable of a performance for me.

ย 

ย 

ย 

QUEENMAE16.png

ย 

Kennedy great song choice first of all, but I'll get down to it. I think you delivered a near-flawless vocal, and while I think you were missing the power you usually had, I liked the arrangement that you used. I did think you lacked connection as opposed to your previous live shows, but I believe we can come back from this with you. I'm interested to see where you go Kennedy, good luck in the votes!

ย 

SCORE: 14.5/20

• Sad 1

ย 

ย 

ย 

Listen to this performance if you want for the Kennedy to receive the 2x multiplier!

ย 

As well as, react to this (and the live performance post) if you want to vote for Kennedy!

ย 

Thanks = 20 votes

Like = 10 votes

Sad = 5 votes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Next performance for tonight is the first duet for this round of the competition. These artists were in the same category during the first part of this competition, but the other unfortunately became an Underdog. Letโ€™s give it up for Jamie and Sheldon!

ย 

ย 

4. Sheldon Riley and Jamie Miller- Rise Up (Andra Day)

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Thanks 1

Back to back duet performances for tonight! The next duo is our soul divas this season. They both topped the mentorsโ€™ scores last week. Will their duet top also? Letโ€™s give a round of applause for Kennedy and Ali!

ย 

5. Ali Caldwell and Kennedy Holmes- Respect (Aretha Franklin)

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Thanks 4

Next performance for tonight is our 4th solo performance for this Semi-Finals night. This Over 25 artist had always been in the middle pack of the competitors but she impressed both the mentors and viewers last time, resulting in her public save. Will she finally prove that she deserves to be one of the frontrunners of this competition?

ย 

ย 

6. Angie Miller- Never Tear Us Apart (INXS)

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

MENTORS COMMENTARIES

ย 

ย 

a-kid.png

ย 

*standing ovation* Ooh lala, Angie! I really love every time you go into the rock genre, it just suits you so well. This song is a hard one to sing, and youโ€™ve gotta have the bravery for you to pull this off, and you did! You just proved to us that you donโ€™t need those crazy range to pull this song off, you had it your way, and I am glad for it. You are born to be in this competition, Angie! Love ya

ย 

ย 

ย 

americanvoice.png

ย 

*standing ovation* You gave this song a fresh cover Angie! You made this your own, that was very dark, haunting, and goodness I got goosebumps while listening to your performance. It wasn't vocally impressing though nor exciting in my own opinion compared to the last covers. However, in terms of the emotions and the essence of the song, that was like honestly the best I've gotten. You are a darkhose Angie, keep it up.

ย 

ย 

ย 

IAN27TAY.png

ย 

*Stands and Claps* Girlllll, I love that you put a different style on this performance of yours. However,ย  I gotta be honest, I think this performance was a bit rush, although this rushed performance for me is still great! I love the way you you ended this performance, and for me it is one of the highlight of the night!

ย 

ย 

ย 

jarmon.png

ย 

*standing ovation and throws a shoe and claps* OMG YOU BETTA SANG ANGIE!!!! You have definitely been DELIVERING some STELLAR vocals week on week. This is probably one of my favorite performances of yours because it was hauntingly beautiful and it was such an intense performance accompanied with some strong vocals. You really have this alluring voice that I absolutely loved and this was fantastic!

ย 

ย 

ย 

QUEENMAE16.png

ย 

Girl you just know how to use the most interesting song choices and making them better! To get this out of the way, I think you faltered only a few times Angie in the middle of the chorus, but I think its understandable because its a hard part to navigate through. I loved the way you felt it and it was like watching a concert from you! I potentially see you even getting further after this Angie, but we'll see. Well done though sis!

ย 

• Thanks 1

ย 

ย 

ย 

Listen to this performance if you want for the Angie to receive the 2x multiplier!

ย 

As well as, react to this (and the live performance post) if you want to vote for Angie!

ย 

Thanks = 20 votes

Like = 10 votes

Sad = 5 votes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Next performance for tonight is the remaining artist in the Girls category. She took on a risk and sang a Miley Cyrus popular hit, which paid off as she received some praises from the mentors. She also had enough votes to be voted through last time. Tonight, she will go back to a classic song, will she pull the heartstrings of the viewers with her performance?

ย 

ย 

7. Jessica Sanchez- Dance With My Father (Luther Vandross)

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MENTORS COMMENTARIES

ย 

ย 

a-kid.png

ย 

*standing ovation and tears up* Oh wow, that was such an emotional performance Jess, you just captivated me. That made me miss my father even more, that performance just hit it where it hurts. I just love how you conveyed the emotions needed for that song through your gorgeous voice. Man, this is really hard. Amazing job Jess, no much words to say.

ย 

SCORE: 20/20

ย 

ย 

americanvoice.png

ย 

*standing ovation and tears up* Oh my sweet lord, Jessica. How dare you hurt me? Kidding aside that was a beautiful performance. I am speechless because that's what you call perfection! I cannot imagine a finale without you in it. Good pick for your fans! Angie, keep it up.

ย 

ย 

ย 

IAN27TAY.png

ย 

*STANDS, CRIES, AND CLAPS* OMG. Okay, this is one of your best performances ever.ย  I love that fans suggested this song to you, it made me love my FAMILY even more. You made me wanna hear this song even more, youโ€™re so young yet you gave us a performance that most of the singers nowadays canโ€™t give. Overall, you know what? I really feel that you can go to the grand finals.

ย 

ย 

ย 

jarmon.png

ย 

*standing ovation crying and claps and smiles at Jessica proud* JESSICA!!!! You just DELIVERED your BEST performance to date IMO. This was such a beautiful and heartfelt performance. It's such an emotional song that you just have me crying like a mess over here. Honestly, Jessica you told the story of this song wonderfully and I connected to you perfectly. This was such a STUNNING performance & you should be very proud of yourself after this.

ย 

ย 

ย 

QUEENMAE16.png

ย 

My last woman standing, Jessica you are just a unit of beauty and elegance. Your own person with a huge power and healing tone that is to legit fall on the ground and cry to. You know Jessica, with this song choice I think we opened a side that we have been waiting to see. After going with Billy Joel, Celine Dion, James Brown, Miley Cyrus. I think Luther Vandross was the right moment for you as of now... I also think your dad is proud of you haha(okay no one laugh to hard) but I loved this piece from you, I love you, I want to see you go all the way, we can do it hun! Great work Jessica!

ย 

• Like 1

ย 

ย 

ย 

Listen to this performance if you want for the Jessica to receive the 2x multiplier!

ย 

As well as, react to this (and the live performance post) if you want to vote for Jessica!

ย 

Thanks = 20 votes

Like = 10 votes

Sad = 5 votes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Eighth performance for tonight is another duet. This time, these artists will surely need to do some work and do some harmonies with each other as they were completely in a different lane of genre so far in this competition. Will their voices match with each other? Letโ€™s give it up for Fifth Harmony and Angie!

ย 

ย 

8. Fifth Harmony and Angie Miller- Hello (Adele)

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Thanks 5

Next performance for tonight is a solo performance from the last artist from the Boys category to perform for tonight. He impressed the mentors once again after delivering a captivating cover of a Billie Eilish popular hit. Will he captivate the mentors and the viewers again tonight?

ย 

ย 

9. Aydan Calafiore- Lonely (Benny Blanco & Justin Bieber)

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Thanks 2

MENTORS COMMENTARIES

ย 

ย 

a-kid.png

ย 

*standing ovation * My dude, youโ€™re just so versatile and talented! Youโ€™ve got the complete package going. I love how fresh the song choice is, I am so happy you got a Bieber song, it suits you perfectly! I am just captivated by your voice and your performance tonight. Please vote yโ€™all, these artists are just too good. Thisโ€™ll be a hard one.

ย 

ย 

ย 

americanvoice.png

ย 

*standing ovation* That was a fresh song choice for you Aydan! In my opinion, this really suits you well. I've been longing to hear you sing songs like this and I'm glad one of your fans suggested it! I just love your tone Aydan, you so so deserve to have a spot in the music industry.

ย 

ย 

ย 

IAN27TAY.png

ย 

*Stands and Claps* OK, this performance is my favorite performance of yours. I found it really cute and full of emotions, and Iโ€™m glad that a fan gave you a song that is fresh to us, and you know what? There are some parts that you sound like Justin Bieber. Overall, I love the way you sing every words, thank you for this wonderful performance! Hoping you to see in the finals.

ย 

ย 

ย 

jarmon.png

ย 

*claps* This was a very interesting song choice, it was quite refreshing! I like that you have been changing it up every week but I have to say this song didn't do that much for me. It was a nice vocal but it didn't have any "shining moments" per se for me. Like, I was just waiting for you to have your moment in this performance but it sadly didn't come.

ย 

SCORE: 14/20

ย 

ย 

QUEENMAE16.png

ย 

Aydan this was a bold song choice, and while I think it was perfectly done. It was too safe from you and I don't know if you were trying to make it emotional, but it just seemed like you were singing it off of your mind and not your heart. Still though, I think you can do much more Aydan, and you know I'm rooting for you, I think right now you are the biggest dark horse to possibly take this thing home. I want to see you do more though, and good luck to you in the results. You got this Aydan! I truly believe in you hun!

ย 

SCORE: 13/20

• Sad 1

ย 

ย 

Listen to this performance if you want for the Aydan to receive the 2x multiplier!

ย 

As well as, react to this (and the live performance post) if you want to vote for Aydan!

ย 

Thanks = 20 votes

Like = 10 votes

Sad = 5 votes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Tenth performance for tonight is the last artist from the Underdogs to perform for tonight. He had a bold choice to go soft last performance by performing a Snow Patrol classic, but unfortunately he had poor feedbacks from the mentors, and had one of the lowest votes. This resulted into him landing in the Sing-Offs with Alisan where they both covered a Lady Gaga song. He prevailed when it came down to a deadlock, slightly edging out Alisan in the public votes. Will he bounce back from this?

ย 

ย 

10. Jamie Miller- Cosmic Love (Florence + The Machine)

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Thanks 1