Tennis Thread

Kert

So, this Australian Open has been upsetting for me (puns intended?):

- Nick Kyrgios pulled out of this tournament with an injuty

- Madison Brengle had to wait almost twenty-four hours to get eliminated by Claire Liu

- Ons Jabeur had an abysmal night, as she got eliminated by Marketa Vondrousova. 😔 I get it, Vondrousova is no pushover, but Jabeur was asleep at the wheel for most of the match 

- Needing a set point to force a fifth set, Frances Tiafoe blew SIX set points (!) and lost the fourth set and the match to Karen Khachanov. Premature elimination. 🙄

At least the following things are giving me life:

- The epic match between Alexei Popyrin and Jason Tseng on John Cain Arena; good luck trying to beat Popyrin on that court

- The epic match between Andy Murray and Thanasi Chokekinais Kokkinakis

- Daniil Medvedev getting eliminated EARLY, losing to Sebastian Korda this morning :devilwave:

- Other USA men scoring some BIG upsets: Jenson Brooksby, Mackenzie McDonald, JJ Wolf over Schwartzmann, Michael Mmoh

Big ups to Ben Shelton, who just scored a big "W" over Alexei Popyrin. 👏 A win in a hostile environment like that was going to be hard to come by, especially since Popyrin had become the Reznor of the fortress known as John Cain Arena. :yes: 

Edited by ShortstopVM

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nakashima CHOKED! 🙄😨😨😨

And Coco got prematurely eliminated by Kenin 🙄

I'm happy for Mmoh, but I'm a little bit concerned for FAA; it just hasn't been his year... 😫

Ons Jabeur begins her quest to return to the Wimbledon Final tomorrow; hopefully she can lift the Trophy this time. 🙏