Tennis Thread

Kert

Two years ago, Daniil Medvedev was angrily swatting towels from ballboys and flipping off the crowd. Today (or yesterday, rather), he won the US Open. 🤮🤮🤮

In solidarity with the Armstrong crowd from that night, I say :censored: him - I am genuinely sick to my stomach that he won. 🤢 :angry:

Salt Bae Cooking GIF by CBC

• 4 months later...

Madison Brengle's gonna have her hands full against Naomi Osaka later tonight/early tomorrow morning 😩 I'm a little bit worried about Brengle after she got dominated by Dayana Yastremska in the second set of their first-round match; there's plenty of questions left to be answered...

Watching Daniil Medvedev succeed makes my blood boil. 😡 He pulls :censored: like what he did in the Cressy match, yet he wonders why the crowd won't respect him. :wacko:  Maybe Medvedev is the one with the "low IQ"... 🤔

And BTW, if Medvedev thinks that Cressy's game is so "boring"... He would've had a fun time playing Pete Sampras... 😏

Edited by ShortstopVM

2 hours ago, Starry_Night said:

The Shapo vs Nadal match was crazy. 😮

Go Felix ! . 🙂🎾

Yes! Seriously, :censored: Shapovalov and his "you guys are all corrupt" remark, and his pathetic attempt to walk that statement back (like, no one asked/gave him permission). His crying was music to my ears, and his tears were delicious when he lost. 😈

south park my posts GIF

mIsSpOkE. #FOH 

And go FAA - not just because he's facing the evil Medvedev, but because I'm a fan of Auger-Aliassime - I've been fascinated with him ever since I walked past a PACKED Court 11 at US Open Qualies a few years back and wondered, "WTF does this crowd know about him [and his opponent Chris Eubanks] that I don't?"

That Boys' Singles Championship just now, was probably the best Juniors match that I've ever watched. :omg:  Bruno Kuzuhara may have won the Title (and I'm glad he did), but Jakub Mensik played with the heart of a Champion, playing until his body literally gave out. I feared that Mensik would've beaten Kuzuhara if the third set had gone to a breaker (Mensik had rallied to take the second set tiebreak); he was building momentum after earning a point on a thirty-three shot rally down 5-6 in the third. 😩

Congratulations to both Bruno AND Jakub; they will end up being future stars and fixtures on the senior-level circuit in the distant future. :yes: 

Edited by ShortstopVM

YES! MEDVEDEV LOST! :ohyeah: VAMOS RAFA! 👏👏👏

And he blew a two sets to none lead LMAOOOOOOOOO! 🤣 #choked

Sorry Daniil, but your trashy antics didn't win you the AusOpen. :claybleh:

Hopefully his US Open title last year was his only Slam of his career.

Sorry Music Video GIF

Edited by ShortstopVM

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ons Jabeur is going to win the French Open. #BookIt

She's just too hot right now coming into Roland Garros: Sure, she may have lost to Iga Swaitek in the final at Rome, but Jabeur won the title in Madrid and also made it to the final in Charleston; she has won seventeen matches on clay - the most of anyone on the Tour.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...