October 19th Scotty's Induction Ceremony ~ North Carolina Music Hall Of Fame ~ Mooresville ~ NC

buttons66

Title-Image-2023-16.9-845x321.jpg

North Carolina Music Hall of Fame inductions take place annually to honor music legends with roots in North Carolina. The 2023 class scheduled to be enshrined during the annual induction ceremony on October 19 at the Mooresville (N.C.) Performing Arts Center are:

• Scotty McCreery
  • Loudon Wainwright III
  • George Beverly Shea
  • Betty Davis
  • Bill “Fatback” Curtis
  • Fetchin Bones
  •  

Our annual induction ceremony is a commemorative occasion where music industry professionals who have made a significant impact on American Music are introduced as new members of our Hall of Fame. The ceremony will feature each inductee’s acceptance of their induction, video presentations, and live performances.

NC Music Hall of Fame 2023 class

EVENT SCHEDULE:

5:15 PM – Check-In Opens

5:30 PM – 6:50 PM – VIP Reception & Red-Carpet Photos

6:15 PM – Doors Open to General Public

7:00 PM – 10:30 PM – Induction Ceremony

Five performers on stage for NC Music Hall of Fame

Scotty McCreery Talks Induction Into The North Carolina ...

Scotty McCreery gave us a call to tell us all about his NC Music Hall of Fame induction. It's happening on Thursday night in Mooresville.

Scotty McCreery “Truly Thankful” To Be Inducted Into The North Carolina Music Hall Of Fame

“It is an honor to be recognized by the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame and included with this great 2023 class of artists,” McCreery shared.

https://musicmayhemmagazine.com/scotty-mccreery-truly-thankful-to-be-inducted-into-the-north-carolina-music-hall-of-fame/

Scotty McCreery; Photo by Andrew Wendowski

May 26, 2023  A big congratulations today, as Scotty McCreery has been selected as an inductee for the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame this year.

==============================================================

october 19th scotty mccreery induction to hall of fame Images from www.wral.com

May 26, 2023  Garner native Scotty McCreery is among this year's class for the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame, organizers announced Friday.

=================================================================

May 30, 2023  Country star Scotty McCreery and five other artists will soon be inducted into the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame.

===================================================================
Jun 13, 2023  Scotty McCreery attends Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum's ... (Photo by Jason Kempin/Getty Images for Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum).

===================================================================

Jun 1, 2023  The induction ceremony — scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 19, at the Mooresville Performing Arts Center — is open to the public and will include ...

May 28, 2023  ... October 19 at the Performing Arts Center ... Garner native, American idol winner Scotty McCreery to be inducted into NC Music Hall of Fame.

======================================================================

Above  is a brief video that provides a summary of the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame’s history including:  The founding of the institution, initial Hall of Fame inductees, establishment of the new Hall of Fame facility, and brief overview of a few of the museum exhibits including the Charlie Daniels, Nina Simone, Chairman of the Board, Clyde McPhatter, Donna Fargo,  Thelonius Monk, and Victoria Livengood.

Edited by buttons66

Charlotte Observer ..FOR SCOTTY 

Every year, the advisory board considers a list that currently stands at 400 people, then narrows it down from about 50 to the final 10. Those go to the board of directors to make the final decision. One of this year’s inductees for whom North Carolina looms large in songs like “Carolina Moon” and “Carolina to Me” is McCreery. The American Idol alum and country star has landed five consecutive No. 1 hits as well as multiple gold and platinum albums and singles.

“It’s no secret. I love North Carolina,” McCreery said. “That’s why I still live there and not Nashville or anywhere else. And if you look at any of my records, North Carolina’s got its fingerprints all over it, whether it be an actual song about the state or even just a mindset.” McCreery said he was delighted to be in such good company at the hall, both with this year’s class of inductees and those who came before.

“I was on the back porch up in the mountains in Carolina when I got a call from my manager just letting me know (about the induction). I love music and I love writing songs and performing songs, but it’s always nice when people let you know that they appreciate your work.

“And then for me, I’m a fan of so many artists that are already in the hall, Ronnie Millsap and Charlie Daniels and Randy Travis, just to name a few are heroes of mine. So just to be mentioned in the same breath with them and the other honorees this year is massive for me,” McCreery said.

The Scotty McCreery exhibit at the NC Music Hall of Fame includes the jacket he wore after winning “American Idol.”

Image_KKK4.png

Khadejeh Nikouyeh Knikouyeh@charlotteobserver.com

AN ANNUAL CELEBRATION

For artists to qualify for induction, there are two prerequisites,

Cordle said.

Candidates need to have a significant connection to North Carolina or have been born in the state. Second, they have to have at least 10 years of national popularity before they qualify.

The museum board continually receives nominations by phone, email and even by visitors to the museum.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/article280590104.html#storylink=cpy

Edited by buttons66
  • Like 1