Cricket Thread

Hamza Tufail

On 9/26/2023 at 6:31 AM, Hamza Tufail said:

I hope rain doesn't ruin it. I personally think, it might be the biggest cricket event of all time. Viewership has been increasing, so I think it will have even more than the last one.

It will undoubtedly happen because Disney+ Hotstar will broadcast it for free in India (I'm not sure about other countries, though).

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 11:23 PM, Arsh said:

It will undoubtedly happen because Disney+ Hotstar will broadcast it for free in India (I'm not sure about other countries, though).

In my country, Tamasha and Daraz app will broadcast it for free. I'm really happy for this.

I'm not sure, but I don't think it's gonna be free in other countries, maybe except for Bangladesh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think both India and Australia were the best teams of the tournament. Either one would have been a deserving winner. 

But you have to admit, defeating the mighty Australians in the Semi Finals or Finals is next to impossible. They are now 6 time world champions. 1987, 1999, 2003, 2007, 2015, 2023.

• 3 months later...

So, what I'm seeing is that the tickets for all the matches in Texas have been sold out. In Florida and NY as well. I think it has to do with the large Indian population in Texas, FL, and NY.

From Yt.

"I signed up for the registration for tickets but never got any confirmation email that I could buy tickets, and now they're sold out. Goes to show that there's a craze. I was on the waitlist and outlisted before my turn could even come."

And I forgot that there is a great Caribbean population in the US. This may have helped in the ticket selling as well.

A little stat.

According to ICC, as of now, over 3M tickets have been applied for from 161 countries.