Cricket Thread

Hamza Tufail

9 hours ago, Arsh said:

Are you watching MLC 2023?

Yes. I'm a cricket nerd. I don't miss a single match. I'm not only watching this American League, but also the Canadian global t20 league as well.

Both are good though. I loved Zaman Khan's last over in the Canadian league. He again saved 13 runs in the last over, when Rassie Van Der dussen and Finn Allen were on the crease, and the former was in such a good form. He scored 50 off of just 18 balls. Zaman still somehow managed to stop them.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

Btw, have your read names of the team? 😂

Texas Super Kings

MI NewYork

LA Knight Riders

All are copied from IPL teams. I'm not complaining though, I just thought it was funny. It makes sense as the people who inaugurated this league are Indians. As a cricket fan, I appreciate them. 

2 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Btw, have your read names of the team? 😂

Texas Super Kings

MI NewYork

LA Knight Riders

All are copied from IPL teams. I'm not complaining though, I just thought it was funny. It makes sense as the people who inaugurated this league are Indians. As a cricket fan, I appreciate them. 

Well the owners of the team are same. 

They also acquired team in ILT20, CSA20.

2 hours ago, Arsh said:

MI

That's my brother's choice as well.

Mine is RCB. I started watching IPL in full in 2016. RCB had KL, Gayle, Virat, Abd, and Watson in the top order, such a strong team. Virat scored so many runs (970 something maybe) But after the finale, I was so heart broken. I cried a lot, never had I ever even thought that they'd lost to SRH, of all the teams.. Later on I realised they lost because they had an *L bowling attack. I have been supporting RCB since then, even though they always disappoint me. Lol

* By L I don't mean what the English speaking people mean. You know how we say it in the local language. :giggle:

Edited by Hamza Tufail

Also, do you know about the "International league T20?" 

I just found out it's the 2nd most watched league in the world after IPL, with 367M viewers. That was surprising for me because I have never ever heard about that league before. Lmao

The stats showed that 255M of those views came from the Indian audience though.

Pakistan won the "emerging" Asia Cup Final. They defeated India by 128 runs. Back to back titles. 😍

Btw, 500k in just 4 hours! That's insane for the emerging teams, as they don't have "stars" that are extremely popular.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Also, do you know about the "International league T20?" 

I just found out it's the 2nd most watched league in the world after IPL, with 367M viewers. That was surprising for me because I have never ever heard about that league before. Lmao

The stats showed that 255M of those views came from the Indian audience though.

Yup, you will also see MI , Knight Rider, and Capital team there.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

That's my brother's choice as well.

Mine is RCB. I started watching IPL in full in 2016. RCB had KL, Gayle, Virat, Abd, and Watson in the top order, such a strong team. Virat scored so many runs (970 something maybe) But after the finale, I was so heart broken. I cried a lot, never had I ever even thought that they'd lost to SRH, of all the teams.. Later on I realised they lost because they had an *L bowling attack. I have been supporting RCB since then, even though they always disappoint me. Lol

* By L I don't mean what the English speaking people mean. You know how we say it in the local language. :giggle:

Their bowling was the major weakness in that season.

In 2023 season batting put them down.

2 minutes ago, Arsh said:

Their bowling was the major weakness in that season.

In 2023 season batting put them down.

Yeah. 😔

But I'm still gonna be on the RCB train, at least as long as King Kohli is playing.

I know it's so random, but Is cricket popularity decreasing or increasing in India? Thoughts?

I've seen so many threads on Reddit and Quora where people from Pak and Ind have said that it's popularity is decreasing. They're basically 80s or 90s kids, and said stuff like, in their time people were passionate about the game, now they're not. I personally disagree with them.

I can't speak for India, but in Pakistan it's more popular than ever before. Everyone watches cricket matches and PSL like a festival. I don't know why some people think otherwise. The stats showed that 2011 world cup had a great viewership, in billions. The 2015 had even more, and the 2019 world cup was the most watched cricket tournament ever, it's total viewership was 2.6 Billion. IPL's viewership has been increasing as well. I personally think that cricket is on the rise.

Maybe those people were some angry Indian soccer fans? 🤣

On 7/24/2023 at 3:23 AM, Hamza Tufail said:

Pakistan won the "emerging" Asia Cup Final. They defeated India by 128 runs. Back to back titles. 😍

Btw, 500k in just 4 hours! That's insane for the emerging teams, as they don't have "stars" that are extremely popular.

It has 4.2M views now. Really good for the emerging players.

Its live stream has 6.6M. 😳

Pakistan defeated Srilanka 2-0 in the 2 Test match series. I think we had great finds in this series. Saud Shakeel and Salman Ali Agha. I think if we play these two in the ODIs, we'd be unpstoppable. They will strengthen our middle order a lot.

Also, it's highlights for all days are on "Sony LIV." I hope we do just as good in the other two formats as well. 

Edited by Hamza Tufail

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 1:28 PM, Hamza Tufail said:

Power of India Vs Pakistan match. 12M views in 1 day.

Not to mention it wasn't a full match, as rain ruined it, nor it was a world cup match.

@Arsh who do you think would have won if the match continued?

Well I can't say anything on that. Anything could have happened there.

On 9/4/2023 at 1:28 PM, Hamza Tufail said:

Not to mention it wasn't a full match, as rain ruined it, nor it was a world cup match.

Well, I don't want rain to interfere with World Cup games. In addition, the rainy season is going to come to an end, which means we will have a nice slate of World Cup matches (especially in the Western and North Indian regions; I'm not sure about Chennai and Eden Garden because it rains there frequently on normal days).

6 hours ago, Arsh said:

Well, I don't want rain to interfere with World Cup games. In addition, the rainy season is going to come to an end, which means we will have a nice slate of World Cup matches (especially in the Western and North Indian regions; I'm not sure about Chennai and Eden Garden because it rains there frequently on normal days).

I hope rain doesn't ruin it. I personally think, it might be the biggest cricket event of all time. Viewership has been increasing, so I think it will have even more than the last one.