Eurovision Song Contest 2024

paparizouqueen

18 hours ago, paparizouqueen said:

I have friends that went to the final and trust me, is INSANE the people hating her, and the technology they used also was used for Russia when they participated because the public was angry with them the last years... i hope the next year this situation ends because it was a sad moment and can enjoy the contest 😟

I'm very happy Switzerland won!! the performance, the voice and the song is the best combination of the night and they deserved, the people don't understand that a 50% jury 50% televote means that some years wins the public, other the jury favourite and other none of these two but had more points at the end, let's see in which city they want to host it in switzerland, i hope for Bern or Zurich

The UK getting a 0 from the public with a INSANELY famous person LOL haha

Exactly, fans need to stop saying it's rigged because the public vote was higher than the jury vote.

The UK getting zero again is not good and they will have try harder in the future. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2024 at 7:06 AM, paparizouqueen said:

I have friends that went to the final and trust me, is INSANE the people hating her, and the technology they used also was used for Russia when they participated because the public was angry with them the last years... i hope the next year this situation ends because it was a sad moment and can enjoy the contest 😟

I'm very happy Switzerland won!! the performance, the voice and the song is the best combination of the night and they deserved, the people don't understand that a 50% jury 50% televote means that some years wins the public, other the jury favourite and other none of these two but had more points at the end, let's see in which city they want to host it in switzerland, i hope for Bern or Zurich

The UK getting a 0 from the public with a INSANELY famous person LOL haha

The boos started for Russia because of their invasion and takeover of Crimea in 2014, soon to be followed by their incursions into Eastern Ukraine, and their attempt to push westward.

People seem to forget that Putin's war in Ukraine didn't start 2½ years ago.  This war is now over 10 years old, with Ukraine repelling every effort by Russia to encroach deeper within.  The straw that broke the camel's back was when he used Crimea and the Black Sea to take the southern part of Ukraine, and rolled tanks into Southern Belarus (apparently with Lukashenko's approval, as if he really had any choice) to take Northern Ukraine.

The EBU sat on their hands as the tanks rolled toward Kyiv, even after Ukraine demanded action; until at least 9 other countries (including Iceland, Ireland, the Netherlands and the rest of Scandinavia and one or more of the Baltics) gave the EBU an ultimatum:  Either Russia goes, or we go.

The EBU had no choice, as surely more countries would have withdrawn from the 2022 contest, possibly forcing its cancellation.  Russia was kicked out.  They soon withdrew from the EBU.  By their association with Putin's war, Belarus has not been invited back.

Edited by CookyMonzta
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Global Spotify

#17  Switzerland
#25  Netherlands
#45  Croatia
#69  France
#116  Ukraine
#124  Italy

Netherlands even being eliminated is a huge success!! and no sign of Israel... it seems the public vote of Israel is not only because the people liked the song...

And in Croatia... Baby Lasagna very emotional and told to the people to forgive him for not winning 😭 but the best thing is he was eliminated at first in the Croatian selection and because one of the contestants withdraw, he entered haha

Edited by paparizouqueen

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, paparizouqueen said:

Global Spotify

#17  Switzerland
#25  Netherlands
#45  Croatia
#69  France
#116  Ukraine
#124  Italy

Netherlands even being eliminated is a huge success!! and no sign of Israel... it seems the public vote of Israel is not only because the people liked the song...

And in Croatia... Baby Lasagna very emotional and told to the people to forgive him for not winning 😭 but the best thing is he was eliminated at first in the Croatian selection and because one of the contestants withdraw, he entered haha

Israel's song is that type of The Voice performance that people love on the show because at the time it's emotional and strong vocal, but don't listen to it outside of the show because it's not the typical song that most people would listen to normally.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

This tells you that social media isn't reality. Nemo's video with 11M views has 125k likes/120k dislikes. A vast majority of the 36k comments are negative. There are comments with 10k, 20k, and even 50k likes that said he didn't deserve to win.

But all that doesn't mean anything in real world because he did indeed win.

Is very usual the people complain about the winners especially when they didn't win the public vote, last year with Loreen happenned with her 2nd victory the same and if you watch only his spotify Tattoo almost reach the 500 Million and it was Number 1 in almost every country last year, the juries in eurovision mostly are profesional music industry people so they prefer a performance with great vocals, simple concept but at the same time outstanding and very commercial or iit has a very special vibe. For curiosity Nemo made history, is the highest percentage of jury points per country but only counting the score Salvador Sobral (Portugal 2017) still got it, but that year were 5 countries more voting.

52 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Israel's song is that type of The Voice performance that people love on the show because at the time it's emotional and strong vocal, but don't listen to it outside of the show because it's not the typical song that most people would listen to normally.

Yes, when i'm watching the voice this could be the kind of performance for that, but this is eurovision and Israel song no one mentioned during the pre-season, yes some people liked it, but is the typical situation that the people say in normal circunstances " What a great voice and the song is not bad, is not my favourite I prefer X or Y but I hope it do well" later in the voting no one voted for her because the people only voted for their favourites and the favourites that received most moves are impactfull songs, the song from Israel we hear that a lot of times before and i think would had ended in the bottom 5 with the public but higher jury score than she received at the end,see the results from American Song contest as an example or watch the top songs from the public vs the top from juries in other years from eurovision.  There are much interesting ballads like Serbia 2007 or Ukraine 2016 or if you want something more "basic" United Kingdom 2009 "wrote by Diane Warren and Andrew Lloyd Webber" Australia 2016 or Russia 2015 (Polina Gagarina, some people says she is one of the secret lovers of Putin, and her eurovision song was sang in the 2018 world cup ceremony), here i leave the performances.

And a very interesting thing, in 2009 Israel send a duo, Noa and Mira Awad and Israeli-Palestinian duo (16th place), now 15 years later see how the story goes...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Starry_Night said:

Israel's Hurricane song is charting higher than Switzerland, France and Croatia's songs on iTunes Canada.

She's at #65 in us. I checked the list, and none of the other Eurovision contestants are in the top 100.

• Like 1

508.000 viewers in Australia (13,4% last year was 11,4%) incredible because last year they qualified to the final and ended 9th and this year they didn't qualify.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2024/05/eurovision-2024-boosts-sbs-on-sunday.html

Croatia an INSANE 75% (1.2 Million) to see Baby Lasagna received their best ever result

https://eurovoix.com/2024/05/13/croatia-75-audience-share-eurovision-2024-final/

In Switzerland 614.000 viewers and 53,3%

https://eurovoix.com/2024/05/14/switzerland-over-600000-viewers-for-the-eurovision-2024-grand-final-on-srf/

Estonia almost 70% and 499.000 viewers!!

https://eurovoix.com/2024/05/15/estonia-499000-viewers-for-the-eurovision-2024/

Greece with the highest ratings since 2010!!

https://eurovoix.com/2024/05/13/greece-eurovision-2024-highest-share-since-2010/

Ukraine 800.000 viewers 17,4% and the voting moment 28,6%

https://eurovoix.com/2024/05/14/ukraine-viewers-eurovision-2024-final/

The witch of Ireland was watched by 666.000 viewers LOL and 54% (and she came 6th with the juries, 6th with the public and 6th Overall 🤣 the devil is here haha)

https://eurovoix.com/2024/05/13/ireland-666000-viewers-eurovision-2024-final/

And Bosnia and Herzegovina wants to comeback but their debt (6 millions euro) can't let them to participate, however they tried to pay the debt this year, I hope so!!

https://eurovoix.com/2024/05/14/bosnia-herzegovina-government-minister-tried-to-mediate-eurovision-return/

This video is about the artists that are American or a special conection with the US, this video is from 2022 so Tali from Luxembourg is not added, also Jim Beanz the composer of Russia 2008 the only russian victory is not in this video, Katrina the winner from the UK 1997 is the group that made the hit "I'm walking of sunshine"

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2024 at 1:21 PM, paparizouqueen said:

Let's wait, but it seems the public vote of Israel was motivated by the Israel government

But now that everybody knows, many other countries (if not all of them) will try the same thing next year.

Edited by CookyMonzta
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, CookyMonzta said:

But now that everybody knows, many other countries (if not all of them) will try the same thing next year.

And that's why they will have a meeting the next month to create something to evade this because the EBU noticed that and they can eliminated that votes for the next years, maybe a limit of votes per song because actually is 20 votes, maybe a lower limit.

top 100 spotify in eurovision, the video is in Ukranian but is easy to understand, at the bottom the name, country, placement and million of streams, up the place of that year, Snap and Arcade reach the 1000 Million mark. The top 100 start at 1:45, top 50 at 6:05 and top 10 9:38.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, paparizouqueen said:

And that's why they will have a meeting the next month to create something to evade this because the EBU noticed that and they can eliminated that votes for the next years, maybe a limit of votes per song because actually is 20 votes, maybe a lower limit.

I want to see ranked-choice voting next year.  ONLY ONE VOTE per line (!!), where each voter ranks their favorites from 1st to 10th.  Their top pick obviously gets 12 points, while their 10th favorite gets one point.  All the points are added in each country, and whichever performance gets the most points gets 12 points for their country.

This might prompt the incentive for those hell-bent on vote-packing to use burner phones.  But burner phones are waaaaay more expensive than a simple €0.99/$0.99/£0.99/¥99 call; and if a burner phone can be tracked and identified as a burner phone (the area code and signal source do not match), then the votes from that phone can be thrown out.

Edited by CookyMonzta
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CookyMonzta said:

I want to see ranked-choice voting next year.  ONLY ONE VOTE per line (!!), where each voter ranks their favorites from 1st to 10th.  Their top pick obviously gets 12 points, while their 10th favorite gets one point.  All the points are added in each country, and whichever performance gets the most points gets 12 points for their country.

This might prompt the incentive for those hell-bent on vote-packing to use burner phones.  But burner phones are waaaaay more expensive than a simple €0.99/$0.99/£0.99/¥99 call; and if a burner phone can be tracked and identified as a burner phone (the area code and signal source do not match), then the votes from that phone can be thrown out.

I prefer to only select 3 or 5 songs and give them just 1 vote or make like in melodifestivalen give a score for each song from 0 to 5 in an app, but the problem of the problem in eurovision need to know the location when you vote for which country counts the vote and the moment to give the points so maybe this situation make to think about this, let's see how the meeting with the delegations very soon bring some changes

163 million viewers around the world watch the contest!! some facts!! and new records!!

https://www.ebu.ch/news/2024/05/eurovision-song-contest-2024-breaks-new-records-as-hundreds-of-millions-watch-and-listen-on-tv-and-digital-platforms

The viewing share of the Grand Final was 46.7% - the highest share since 2006 and almost triple the broadcast channels average (17.6%).

Among Youth audiences (15-24 year olds), the viewing share of the Grand Final was 58.6%, the highest share on record and more than 4 times the broadcast channels average (13.7%).

In close to half of the markets (18 out of 37), the ESC claimed over 50% of the viewing share, led by Iceland with 96% and closely followed by other Nordic markets (Sweden 87.3%, Norway 85.5% and Finland 83.1%), Croatia (73.2%) and Lithuania (70.2%).

VOTES FROM OVER 150 COUNTRIES

This year public voting was open before the 3 live shows in non-participating countries and throughout the performances in the Grand Final resulting in viewers from 156 countries casting votes for their favourite songs – 12 more than when Rest of the World voting was introduced in 2023. 

Outside the participating countries, viewers in the USA, Canada, Romania, Mexico, UAE, Türkiye (Turkey), South Africa, Hungary, Slovakia and Bulgaria cast the most votes online. 

RECORD ONLINE ENGAGEMENT 

Online the Eurovision Song Contest’s digital platforms had another record year.**

486 million unique accounts were reached on TikTok, the ESC’s Official Entertainment Partner, during the event weeks, more than 4 times as many as in 2023.

TikTok also saw a total of 538 million videos views on the official Eurovision account – up 71% year-on-year.

Videos on the platform using #Eurovision2024 have been watched 6.5 billion times  up 1.7 billion on last year's hashtag.

69 million unique accounts were reached on Instagram  more than twice as many as in 2023

Videos on the platform were seen 479 million times, 165% up on last year while content on the ESC Facebook page was seen by 23 million during the two event weeks.

42 million unique viewers across 231 countries and territories watched content on the official YouTube channel during the week of the Live Shows.

The Reddit r/eurovision community grew 71.8% in screen views and 27.8% in engagement year-on-year, as users followed rehearsals live and put their questions directly to artists in AMA (Ask Me Anything) interviews.

Additionally, 2.5 million people used the new Eurovision Song Contest app.

Edited by paparizouqueen