The Challenge UK

Zoey

Another strong episode. It is weird having a complete new cast after watching the US show for so many seasons and seeing the same people but I think it’s decent so far. I’ve seen worse premieres. :yes: I wish they could’ve found some middle ground with the length of the episodes though. I feel as if the US episodes drag and take forever sometimes but this is literally 40 minutes long and we’re losing personalities. I do get why they’ve done it since it’s airing on a freeview channel daily. Hopefully it’s renewed and they change a few bits.

Urgh! Callum, Ashley, Kaz and Ella are intolerable. Especially Callum and Ashley!

I just binged this, what a snooze. Tbh I was spoiled on the winners cause of the Global ads so that didn't help. But like, why did the UK even agree to do this in the first place? They seemed so uninterested. Five episodes bfr. Just as I was starting to get to know these people suddenly we were in the finals and it was all over :dead:. I feel like I was supposed to root for AJ as the ultimate underdog but I didn't really care? I kinda liked Nathan so I guess I'll root for him in the World Championship? But even he kinda annoyed me acting all entitled about Kaz throwing him into elimination despite the fact that he did AJ dirty. Tristan seemed nice, but ultimately was boring.

From the three global seasons I'd say AUS > US > UK. I hope to watch Argentina once it's on Paramount+ though (even if it isn't till after the World Championship airs lol what a mess)

On 3/1/2023 at 5:53 PM, Alex95 said:

I just binged this, what a snooze. Tbh I was spoiled on the winners cause of the Global ads so that didn't help. But like, why did the UK even agree to do this in the first place? They seemed so uninterested. Five episodes bfr. Just as I was starting to get to know these people suddenly we were in the finals and it was all over :dead:. I feel like I was supposed to root for AJ as the ultimate underdog but I didn't really care? I kinda liked Nathan so I guess I'll root for him in the World Championship? But even he kinda annoyed me acting all entitled about Kaz throwing him into elimination despite the fact that he did AJ dirty. Tristan seemed nice, but ultimately was boring.

From the three global seasons I'd say AUS > US > UK. I hope to watch Argentina once it's on Paramount+ though (even if it isn't till after the World Championship airs lol what a mess)

:rofl: I think the “reality stars” they chose were very different to the ones they choose for the US show. Aisleyne was a big wtf casting as it seemed so random considering her background and also Arabella, Ella and Kaz K. None are known for being physically fit or doing anything similar in the past whether it be on television or social media. It was a very mismatched season but I get why they did it. I’m guessing that the UK funding side treat the show as a taster and didn’t want to invest in something that could potentially fail. UK television is very good at terminating tv shows that don’t take off after the first series and if it doesn’t hit a certain number then it’s done. 

I’m keen to see how Team UK keeps up in the World Championships, if they do. All four are pretty strong but have the least experience so I don’t expect them to do great. Nathan should be a fun personality to have though.