Best Danse avec les stars dancer: +/- Game ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

DWTSFan2001

Bonjour à toutes. 🇫🇷

For this game, we're going to do the usual + and - thing so that by the end, we can choose the best dancer that has been on DALS. 

I'm going to do it on a season by season basis in two rounds. The first round is that I will provide 1 dance per contestant for you to watch (or 2 if they made the Top 3) and you will need to decide the best dancer of each season. For the second round, once we've got a best dancer for each of the 10 seasons, then we will narrow it down to the overall best dancer across the seasons of the show.

Hope this makes sense. My first time doing a proper IDF game so please excuse any mistakes.

With that said, let's get started with Season 1.

SEASON 1:

This season had 8 couples. Sadly, there are no dances on YouTube for two of them (Andre Manoukian & Adriana Karembeu) as far as I can find so it's down to only 6 contestants for this.

Andre Manoukian & Candice Pascal:

He was first out and his Week 1 dance is nowhere to be found on YouTube so sadly is unable to be ranked in this. Not much of a surprise that he went out first by the looks of things with the lowest score.

Rossy de Palma & Christophe Licata:

Rossy was the shock exit of her season. Not a bad dancer, seemed like a solid mid-table contestant who did well in her Week 1 Cha Cha but had a weak dance in Week 2. She had to restart her Week 2 Tango due to a prop issue and sadly went home that night with a score of 17. Christophe seemed really upset at this elimination.

For them, I've chosen their Cha Cha - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVydN3Rq9R4

Marthe Mercadier & Grégoire Lyonnet:

Yes, the very same Grégoire who quit Season 5 with Nathalie Péchalat probably to avoid his prior partner and then GF Alizée getting jealous. Before this drama, he was paired with 82 year old Marthe Mercadier in the first season which makes me laugh a bit. I do feel really sorry for him though getting her as his first partner and they look awful together, he could easily have passed for being in high school at that point and she was 58 years older than him (same age difference between me and my grandmother). That's before mentioning that she was a terrible dancer (not unexpected due to age). They managed to hold on for 3 weeks before finally getting eliminated. Irrespective of your opinions of Grégoire, I think we can all agree that he deserved his MBT with Alizée for this. 

I've chosen their Jive which scored a 2 from Jean-Marc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJthRYEOBdE

Jean-Marie Bigard & Fauve Hautot:

Less awkward than Marthe/Grégoire but still a bit of an odd pairing visually. So far the only oldie that Fauve has had, she's had two 20-somethings and four 30-somethings since then, most of whom were contenders and hunks and took her to the semi-final or final (and 2 MBT's). Jean-Marie wasn't great technically but he seemed to give it a good go and clearly connected with the public as he stuck around for 4 out of the 6 weeks.

I've chosen their Samba which was a fun routine to watch and it looked like he and Fauve were enjoying it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYGoCQK3Ruk

Adriana Karembeu & Julien Brugel:

Can't find any of her individual routines despite being around until the semi-final so I'm afraid that she's out of the rankings in this as well. Seemed to be a solid journey contestant until the semi-finals when it looked like she totally crashed and burned with scores.

Finalists coming in the next post, I've chosen 2 dances for each of them. In the meantime, get watching the 3 dances I've linked. Feel free to provide some thoughts. 🙂

Edited by DWTSFan2001

David Ginola & Silvia Notargiacomo:

David is well known here in the UK so I'm surprised he did DALS instead of SCD. Surprisingly good for a footballer and really the only decent partner that Silvia ever had (firmly believe that she deserved Laurent Maistret in Season 7 and Denitsa should have had her partner, Julien Lepers). His party Latin was really enjoyable to watch. Hadn't watched much of his ballroom before but Latin seems to be more his thing.

For his Ballroom, I chose his Viennese Waltz in the final. Completely the wrong choice of song given that he finished in 3rd though - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3k9SfjZEm0

For his Latin, I chose his Week 1 Cha Cha which was quite a high scorer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nZsCFgi1gs

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez:

Sofia was the token female ringer of the season, as shown by her scoring 8's and 9's from the very first week. I think that she's still Maxime's highest scoring partner all of these seasons on. Very good dancer and probably could have won if Matt wasn't so popular as I think that she was better (or if we're being honest, more that Maxime is a better choreographer than Katrina).

For her Ballroom, I chose her Week 1 Quickstep which scored 25/30 and was performed despite a rib injury: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zzX18NbIfg

For her Latin, I chose her finale Rumba which was a perfect 30/30 for artistic and 29/30 for technical: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_G9gPttap0

M. Pokora & Katrina Patchett:

Got to say that I wasn't all that enamoured by Matt's routines, particularly his god-awful Grease themed Freestyle. Katrina should really be counting her lucky stars that Matt was so popular as she wouldn't have won otherwise (as evidenced by the number of potentially good ones she got in later seasons and didn't win with). Choreo just not particularly good and obvious technical issues. As a ringer, he should have been as good as Loïc or at least close but just wasn't.

For his Ballroom, I've chosen his finale Foxtrot since it scored 30/30 for artistic (IMO, overmarked): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpVEBA2qtdg

For his Latin, I've chosen his Jive (which pales in comparison to Kelvin & Oti's Jive to the same song): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgQu6GkB0nk

Edited by DWTSFan2001

Time to get voting for Season 1 with the + and -. For the finalists, count both routines as one since we're voting for the best dancer rather than routine.

The 6 eligible couples:

Rossy de Palma et Christophe Licata - Cha Cha Cha - ’Marcia Baila' by Rita Mitsouko

Marthe Mercadier & Grégoire Lyonnet - Jive - “Just because of you” from Les bronzes font du ski

Jean-Marie Bigard & Fauve Hautot - Samba -  “(Un, dos, tres) Maria” by Ricky Martin

David Ginola & Silvia Notargiacomo - Cha Cha Cha - “Waka waka” by Shakira/Viennese waltz - "We are the Champions" by Queen

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter

M. Pokora & Katrina Patchett - Jive - “Jailhouse Rock” by Elvis Presley/Foxtrot - "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra

I'll start with this:

Rossy de Palma et Christophe Licata - Cha Cha Cha - ’Marcia Baila' by Rita Mitsouko - 10

Marthe Mercadier & Grégoire Lyonnet - Jive - “Just because of you” from Les bronzes font du ski - 9

Jean-Marie Bigard & Fauve Hautot - Samba -  “(Un, dos, tres) Maria” by Ricky Martin - 10

David Ginola & Silvia Notargiacomo - Cha Cha Cha - “Waka waka” by Shakira/Viennese waltz - "We are the Champions" by Queen - 10

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 11

M. Pokora & Katrina Patchett - Jive - “Jailhouse Rock” by Elvis Presley/Foxtrot - "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra - 10

+ Sofia & Maxime

- Marthe & Grégoire

Edited by DWTSFan2001

Wow how on earth did Katrina get hired in the first place?  She lost time in the Foxtrot!

Also just wanted to let you know that the wrong Rumba is linked for Sofia, it’s not her finale Rumba.  She is definitely the best dancer from that series though, I can’t help but think if Matt had Fauve or Silvia...

Rossy de Palma et Christophe Licata - Cha Cha Cha - ’Marcia Baila' by Rita Mitsouko - 10

Marthe Mercadier & Grégoire Lyonnet - Jive - “Just because of you” from Les bronzes font du ski - 8

Jean-Marie Bigard & Fauve Hautot - Samba -  “(Un, dos, tres) Maria” by Ricky Martin - 10

David Ginola & Silvia Notargiacomo - Cha Cha Cha - “Waka waka” by Shakira/Viennese waltz - "We are the Champions" by Queen - 10

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 12

M. Pokora & Katrina Patchett - Jive - “Jailhouse Rock” by Elvis Presley/Foxtrot - "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra - 10

+ Sofia & Maxime

- Marthe & Grégoire

1 hour ago, Ariel1989 said:

Wow how on earth did Katrina get hired in the first place?  She lost time in the Foxtrot!

Also just wanted to let you know that the wrong Rumba is linked for Sofia, it’s not her finale Rumba.  She is definitely the best dancer from that series though, I can’t help but think if Matt had Fauve or Silvia...

Sorry about that, didn't notice that it was the wrong link, will edit the post just now. Turns out that I'd got the songs mixed up as the song for the one I linked was reused in a later season and is my pick for that celeb.

Matt would have been amazing with Fauve or Silvia, also Denitsa or Marie if they were on the show then. Same for Brahim Zaibat (trained dancer and still had issues) and definitely Brian Joubert who was totally wasted with Katrina. Whilst she seems likeable, I have no idea how she's been on for so long. 3 of the biggest ever ringers in her first 5 seasons and since then, has really struggled with beginner partners - over the seasons, first boot 3 times and second boot once. They were non-ringers, however, I can't help but think that Olivier Minne, Moundir, Bastian Baker and Vincent Niclo could have been potentially good with other pros based on what I've seen (not like Loïc but an Artus/Taïg Khris type journey to the latter stages of the competition). Cédric Pioline, Vincent Cerutti and Basile Boli would have probably been rubbish either way.

Edited by DWTSFan2001

Marthe Mercadier & Grégoire Lyonnet - Jive - “Just because of you” from Les bronzes font du ski - 8

David Ginola & Silvia Notargiacomo - Cha Cha Cha - “Waka waka” by Shakira/Viennese waltz - "We are the Champions" by Queen - 9

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 13

+ Sofia & Maxime

- David & Silvia

Rossy de Palma & Christophe Licata - Cha Cha Cha - ’Marcia Baila' by Rita Mitsouko - 10

Jean-Marie Bigard & Fauve Hautot - Samba -  “(Un, dos, tres) Maria” by Ricky Martin - 9

David Ginola & Silvia Notargiacomo - Cha Cha Cha - “Waka waka” by Shakira/Viennese waltz - "We are the Champions" by Queen - 9

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 14

+ Sofia & Maxime

- Jean-Marie & Fauve

Rossy de Palma & Christophe Licata - Cha Cha Cha - ’Marcia Baila' by Rita Mitsouko - 10

Jean-Marie Bigard & Fauve Hautot - Samba -  “(Un, dos, tres) Maria” by Ricky Martin - 9

David Ginola & Silvia Notargiacomo - Cha Cha Cha - “Waka waka” by Shakira/Viennese waltz - "We are the Champions" by Queen - 8

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 15

+ Sofia & Maxime

- David & Silvia

Rossy de Palma & Christophe Licata - Cha Cha Cha - ’Marcia Baila' by Rita Mitsouko - 10

Jean-Marie Bigard & Fauve Hautot - Samba -  “(Un, dos, tres) Maria” by Ricky Martin - 8

David Ginola & Silvia Notargiacomo - Cha Cha Cha - “Waka waka” by Shakira/Viennese waltz - "We are the Champions" by Queen - 8

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 16

+ Sofia & Maxime

- Jean-Marie & Fauve

Rossy de Palma & Christophe Licata - Cha Cha Cha - ’Marcia Baila' by Rita Mitsouko - 10

Marthe Mercadier & Grégoire Lyonnet - Jive - “Just because of you” from Les bronzes font du ski - 8

Jean-Marie Bigard & Fauve Hautot - Samba -  “(Un, dos, tres) Maria” by Ricky Martin - 7

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 17

+ Sofia & Maxime

- Jean-Marie & Fauve

Rossy de Palma & Christophe Licata - Cha Cha Cha - ’Marcia Baila' by Rita Mitsouko - 10

Marthe Mercadier & Grégoire Lyonnet - Jive - “Just because of you” from Les bronzes font du ski - 8

Jean-Marie Bigard & Fauve Hautot - Samba -  “(Un, dos, tres) Maria” by Ricky Martin - 6

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 18

+ Sofia & Maxime

- Jean-Marie & Fauve

Rossy de Palma & Christophe Licata - Cha Cha Cha - ’Marcia Baila' by Rita Mitsouko - 10

Jean-Marie Bigard & Fauve Hautot - Samba -  “(Un, dos, tres) Maria” by Ricky Martin - 6

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 19

M. Pokora & Katrina Patchett - Jive - “Jailhouse Rock” by Elvis Presley/Foxtrot - "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra - 9

+ Sofia & Maxime

- M. Pokora & Katrina

Rossy de Palma & Christophe Licata - Cha Cha Cha - ’Marcia Baila' by Rita Mitsouko - 10

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 20

M. Pokora & Katrina Patchett - Jive - “Jailhouse Rock” by Elvis Presley/Foxtrot - "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra - 8

+ Sofia & Maxime

- M. Pokora & Katrina

Rossy de Palma & Christophe Licata - Cha Cha Cha - ’Marcia Baila' by Rita Mitsouko - 10

Marthe Mercadier & Grégoire Lyonnet - Jive - “Just because of you” from Les bronzes font du ski - 7

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 21

M. Pokora & Katrina Patchett - Jive - “Jailhouse Rock” by Elvis Presley/Foxtrot - "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra - 8

+ Sofia & Maxime

- Marthe & Grégoire

Marthe Mercadier & Grégoire Lyonnet - Jive - “Just because of you” from Les bronzes font du ski - 7

Jean-Marie Bigard & Fauve Hautot - Samba -  “(Un, dos, tres) Maria” by Ricky Martin - 5

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 22

+ Sofia & Maxime

- Jean-Marie & Fauve

Edited by DWTSFan2001

Marthe Mercadier & Grégoire Lyonnet - Jive - “Just because of you” from Les bronzes font du ski - 6

Jean-Marie Bigard & Fauve Hautot - Samba -  “(Un, dos, tres) Maria” by Ricky Martin - 5

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 23

+ Sofia & Maxime

- Marthe & Grégoire

Edited by DWTSFan2001

Rossy de Palma & Christophe Licata - Cha Cha Cha - ’Marcia Baila' by Rita Mitsouko - 10

Marthe Mercadier & Grégoire Lyonnet - Jive - “Just because of you” from Les bronzes font du ski - 5

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 24

+ Sofia & Maxime

- Marthe & Grégoire

Rossy de Palma & Christophe Licata - Cha Cha Cha - ’Marcia Baila' by Rita Mitsouko - 10

Marthe Mercadier & Grégoire Lyonnet - Jive - “Just because of you” from Les bronzes font du ski - 5

David Ginola & Silvia Notargiacomo - Cha Cha Cha - “Waka waka” by Shakira/Viennese waltz - "We are the Champions" by Queen - 7

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 25

+ Sofia & Maxime

- David & Silvia

Jean-Marie Bigard & Fauve Hautot - Samba -  “(Un, dos, tres) Maria” by Ricky Martin - 4

David Ginola & Silvia Notargiacomo - Cha Cha Cha - “Waka waka” by Shakira/Viennese waltz - "We are the Champions" by Queen - 7

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 26

+ Sofia & Maxime

- Jean-Marie & Fauve

Marthe Mercadier & Grégoire Lyonnet - Jive - “Just because of you” from Les bronzes font du ski - 4

Jean-Marie Bigard & Fauve Hautot - Samba -  “(Un, dos, tres) Maria” by Ricky Martin - 4

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 27

+ Sofia & Maxime

- Marthe & Grégoire

Marthe Mercadier & Grégoire Lyonnet - Jive - “Just because of you” from Les bronzes font du ski - 3

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 28

+ Sofia & Maxime

- Marthe & Grégoire

Rossy de Palma & Christophe Licata - Cha Cha Cha - ’Marcia Baila' by Rita Mitsouko - 9

Marthe Mercadier & Grégoire Lyonnet - Jive - “Just because of you” from Les bronzes font du ski - 3

David Ginola & Silvia Notargiacomo - Cha Cha Cha - “Waka waka” by Shakira/Viennese waltz - "We are the Champions" by Queen - 7

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 29

+ Sofia & Maxime

- Rossy & Christophe