Let’s Dance (Germany) Season 17 Discussion

Dances for Week 3!

Tony Bauer and Anastasia Stan dance a quickstep to "I'm Walking" by Fats Domino

Sophia Thiel and Alexandru Ionel dance a Viennese waltz to "That's How It Goes" by Zoe Wees & 6LACK

Stefano Zarrella and Mariia Maksina dance a slow waltz to "Queen of my Heart" by Westlife

Biyon Kattilathu and Marta Arndt dance a cha-cha-cha to "Muevelo" by Rey Ruiz

Eva Padberg and Paul Lorenz dance a quickstep to "The Singer" by Liza Minelli

Ann-Kathrin Bendixen and Valentin Lusin dance a Viennese waltz to "Crazy" by Jessie Reyez

Detlef D. Soost and Ekaterina Leonova dance a Paso Doble to "Sail" by AWOLNATION

Lina Larissa Strahl and Zsolt Sándor Cseke dance a samba to "Chez Les Ye-Ye" by Serge Gainsbourg

Lulu and Massimo Sinató dance quickstep to "The Lady Is A Tramp" by Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald

Jana Wosnitza and Vadim Garbuzov dance Slowfox to "I want to Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston

Mark Keller and Kathrin Menzinger dance tango to "Perfidia" by Alberto Domínguez

Gabriel Kelly and Malika Dzumaev dance rumba to "After Dark" by Tito & Tarantula

Just got through watching the Week 2 dances so I'll post some thoughts.

Week 2 Thoughts:

Stefano & Mariia (Cha-Cha-Cha): This was a fun dance to kick off the show. This did start off feeling a little bit like Cha-Cha dance by numbers at first where Stefano was doing the moves but was stiff during them. After a little while, he did get more into the dance and sold the performance. He's a fun performer and showed off a real fun side here. He had some decent partner work and danced the routine decently. He did lack some slickness and natural groove but it got better as it progressed.  

Tillman & Patricija (Rumba): Oh dear, Tillman with a Rumba? I already know this is gonna be terrible. :dead: I am guessing the show gave him this to get rid of him which I'm not complaining about if that's the case. :haha: lol Patricija taking her house rob off at the beginning - I felt like I shouldn't be watching them there lol. I think the last Tillman dance I saw wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. But then yeah this one was. He was really stiff in his movements and just threw his arms/hands about with no finesse.  He also just stood there quite stiff throughout a lot of the dance. And of course no hip action found whatsoever. Thank goodness for Patricija as she was lovely to watch in this. lmao the ending with the heart being of Motsi. :haha: 

Sophia & Alexandru (Paso Doble): Oooh the opening of the dance had some angst to it. 😮 Then the rest of the dance happen. I wasn't as convinced with the rest of the dance. Sophia did seem to walk through the dance while they were in hold at the start of the dance. She did have some moments of power and intensity in there and she gave it her all performance-wise. Ooh lol the flip over move in slow motion was cool. Yeah Sophia had power but it was maybe too much and not finessed enough. 

Eva & Paul (Cha-Cha-Cha): Oooh the super model opening was cute. Is Eva a real model or was that just a concept that had nothing to do with her? She's tall and beautiful and looks like a model. This was a cute and flirty little Cha-Cha. I do feel like her technique, footwork and overall dancing was kinda sloppy and messy here. She's cute and gave it a good effort. But it just felt messy and lacking control. The big lift moment was cool. Ooh dear at that part where it looks like she almost felll but she twisted her ankle? Gah that is so sad and yikes there. :( That threw her off where she messed up on the last few steps. That's a shame. :( 

Tony & Anastasia (Waltz): Oooh "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" is a really nice song choice for a Waltz. Aww I thought this was a fairly nice and charming Waltz. I do think some parts felt a little fast and lacking grace & control. But most of it did have grace and nice control. Tony did well with partnering Anastacia. I also liked how they performed this. I felt and believe their chemistry here. It was sweet and romantic. And yeah I thought this was enjoyable. Tony surprises me once again and he handled a slow dance like this quite well.  

Jana & Vadim (Contemporary): You really can't go wrong with the first Contemporary of the season, huh? Ahh Jana's opening solo was really stunning and beautiful. I think Jana was the one that kinda had messy technique but she improved on that with this dance. I loved the emotion she put in and performed here with this dance. And also, this is probably her best technical dancing yet. This was really beautiful routine and she executed it quite well. Vadim showcased her very well here. And yeah they had lovely chemistry and connection here. :wub: And also what a beautiful and classic song they danced to. ❤️ 

Gabriel & Malika (Paso Doble): I think this is Gabriel's first Latin dance so looking forward to how this goes. Ooh the opening was emotional which I did not expect. Then the angst and power came in as the dance progressed.  This was good but this wasn't as good or sharp as I was expecting. He did seem a little stompy/walky at times with his footwork. So the footwork looked a little off to me. But he had some good moments with his leaps, knee walks and Paso poses. The side by side dancing was good. But yeah this was good but the first time where I felt he didn't completely nail the dance.  

Lulu & Massimo (Rumba): Oooh I never pictured a Rumba to "Don't Let Go (Love)" but I am here for it! :wub: LOL this was quite a dramatic and kinda intense Rumba here. Omgg I am kinda loling at the wind machine blowing on them throughout this dance. But okay, Lulu.... was fabulous and fantastic here. She danced and performed this beautifully. The partnering work was great, she had lots of lovely hip action, good footwork, lovely leg extensions and splits. This was a very steamy, hot and sexy Rumba. She brought it and sold it here. Very lovely dance. The straight 7s are good but I wouldn't have been mad if an 8 was thrown in there.

Ann-Kathrin & Valentin (Charleston): lol Poor Ann-Kathrin having to follow Lulu, I think. Well you know, Ann-Kathrin, she tries and she has fun. She's not really much of a natural dancer and she does lack grace when she dances. I do feel like her performing is improving and she's not looking as nervous as she did a few weeks back. She was so silly, fun andcheeky with how she performed this. :haha: Some of the dance had me confused on what exactly was going on. I was confused lol. There also did not seem to be any swivel in her footwork and didn't feel like a Charleston at times but oh well. It was fun and entertaining.

Lina & Zsolt (Waltz): Oooh a "Run to You" Waltz, that is very beautiful. Some of the opening did seem a little kinda not as graceful as I wanted it to be. But then when she got into hold, she did move in a lovely and graceful manner. Oooh I think some of her arm and hand placements out of hold weren't graceful - that could be it. But I did think this dance was lovely and a joy to watch. They had lovely romantic chemistry and it was just very lovely to watch. :yes: 

Mark & Kathrin (Waltz): Didn't Mark have a Viennese Waltz on the launch show? Lucky boyy to get a Waltz now. This does seem and look improved upon from his VW. This is another dance with a sweet romantic feel to it. Although parts of it was lacking grace for me, at least before they got into hold. He was decent in hold, though his posture and frame did look a little off/wrong to me. The big lift was good though. This was a nice dance but I don't think it was quite as good as Tony's and Lina's Waltz, which both all scored a 16. 

Biyon & Marta (Tango): This should stand out for being the only Tango on this show. Also going from a Jive to a Tango? Loving the major difference here. Oooh I thought their little solos in their own silhouettes was cool. This was quite an intense and powerful dance. I did feel like Biyon kinda danced this too quickly and so fast where he couldn't really breathe through his steps and movements. Maybe it was a little too much attack there? But outside of that, I thought he partnered Marta well and had good footwork and partnering throughout the dance. He had a good sense of power and intensity and sold the dance well there. I did feel a little scared and shook through the dance.  Also this show needs to call their Tango's "Argentine Tango" because these Tangos seem more like ATs, lol. 

Detlef & Ekaterina (Cha-Cha-Cha): LOL at some of the facial expressions that Detlef was giving at the start of this dance. :dead: Okay Detlef seemed much more in his element with this dance. He had good rhythm, hip action, danced this really well with his partnering work and footwork. Yeah he had the technique down so well and sold the heck out of the performance. He did well on the parts by himself and parts with Ekaterina. Speaking of Ekaterina, wowwzers... she was sooo hot, fierce and dynamiate in this dance! :omg: Sometimes it would be hard to not just watch her in this but then Detlef was slaying his parts so I would switch from watching the both of them. :haha: This was such a hot, fun and entertaining dance. I believe this was the show closer and what a great way to close the show! :bobo: 

Rankings:
1. Detlef & Ekaterina (Cha-Cha-Cha)
2. Lulu & Massimo (Rumba)
3. Jana & Vadim (Contemporary)
4. Biyon & Marta (Tango)
5. Tony & Anastasia (Waltz)
6. Gabriel & Malika (Paso Doble)
7. Lina & Zsolt (Waltz)
8. Stefano & Mariia (Cha-Cha-Cha)
9. Mark & Kathrin (Waltz)
10. Sophia & Alexandru (Paso Doble)
11. Ann-Kathrin & Valentin (Charleston)
12. Eva & Paul (Cha-Cha-Cha)
13. Tillman & Patricija (Rumba)

Ughh I don't even know how to rank the Top 2 as I want to put them both at #1 but guess I'll give it to Detlef for now. :haha: Tillman & Patricija were eliminated and after watching these dances, I was more than fine with that cut. 

• Like 1

My thoughts on Week 2!

Stefano & Mariia: Cha-Cha-Cha: After last week's surprising Tango, Stefano took a little bit of stepdown with his Cha-Cha this week unfortunately. His whole upper body was stiff the whole time and his leg action were all over the place and were messy.  I did like the bongo drums part and he did perform it really well. It was just the technique that let him down. Even with that though, I probably would've gone for a 16 rather than 14.

Tilmann & Patricija: Rumba:  Well this was......like a ballroom dancer trying to dance  and  do leg extensions around a 6 foot pole.:dead:  Tillmann tried. He did try to attempt some moves and at least be a partner to Patricija at least. However he definitely forgot some moves and he was still stiff. I do think yet again giving a 1 for the third week in a row was a bit harsh. Probably would go for a 9-10 for this.

Sophia & Alexandru: Paso Doble: Okay so I LOVED the parts when Sophia was swishing her skirt by herself. It felt like she was giving her all and those sections had a lot of power and strength. The rest of the dance though....was sadly lacking that same power. I just felt like there wasn't enough body tension  when she was dancing with Alex. For me it was lacking a bit of drive, energy and power in the partnering sections. She did give it a good go and there was a slight improvement from last week. 

Eva & Paul: Cha-Cha-Cha: Well her Waltz last week was better than this and this gets higher than that. Okay. Well apparently Eva was sick all week and unfortunately for her, the dance did suffer from that:(.  The dance just looked very slow , stiff and it  just lacked the lightness and looseness you need for the Cha-Cha-Cha. You can really tell she was trying to get through. But Eva is a beautiful woman and hopefully her dance this week (I wrote originally wrote this on Friday which is why I said that) will be better for her.

Tony & Anastasia: Waltz:  First of all, why did they have to make Anastasia look like Little Red Riding Hood who went to the prom. Moving on from that I thought this dance was similar to last week in the sense that it was a dance that was very varied and had a lot of different elements without the content being sacrificed. You can still tell that Tony isn't as comfortable with Ballroom as he is with Latin. There was a good effort in there  but sometimes his frame got a little stiff and his shoulders did tend to rise a bit.  However, it was a committed performance and I think he's going to be a dark horse.

Jana & Vadim: Contemporary: Whew Lord... she had a lot of things going against her here. Her getting the first contemporary of the season despite not being a frontrunning woman, her dancing the same dance to a song that someone else got a perfect score on TWICE. With all those circumstances, I think Jana did pretty well overall. There were times where she looked lost and was stiff but overall she danced it well and the intent and the pointed feet were there. Also I hated her outfit. The leotard did her no favors.

Gabriel & Malika: Paso Doble: Well after 2 weeks of Ballroom Brilliance, I fear Gabriel wasn't as great in the Latin. He was committed  and did do the steps but it was a bit too wild and some parts were lacking in finesse. So yeah Gabriel definitely has work to do in the Latin.

Lulu & Massimo: Rumba: I liked that Massimo let Lulu dance more this time! Lulu did what she had to do. There was beautiful lines, great hip action and she had the character  down. The only thing is that now I would like to see Lulu give a different side to herself other than the seductive woman which she did do in her flop Quickstep this week❤️

Ann-Kathrin & Valentin: Jive: Anything could've been better than last week's mess so that's definitely a positive for this dance! The swivel wasn't there at all and the slower parts really did expose her but the faster parts were slightly better. Sher performed it very well though.

Lina & Zsolt: Waltz: I thought this was an improvement from her Quickstep last week. When Lina was with Zsolt in hold she had great body contact, a decent frame and some solid footwork. My problem was when she was out of hold and going into lifts. Sometimes she looked a bit lost and you could tell Zsolt  had to prop her up in lifts. It wasn't a breakthrough for her but it was definitely a step in the right direction (And she proceeded to kill that progress by stagnating with her Samba this week.❤️)

Mark & Kathrin: Waltz: Does Mark have a orthopedic problem because this is the 3rd time in a row  (Well 4th cause I watched his Tango this week) that  his posture his horrifying like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Anyways this dance was definitely the dance that jumpstarted Mark being overrated by the judges. He was more present on the dance floor and him and Kathrin were actually trying to be  a dance couple in harmony this time but it wasn't that good. The footwork was fine and was improved from the VW but that posture and frame........ Nev Schulman 2.0 baby. A HOT MESS. 

Biyon & Marta: Tango: Ok so I loved Marta's choreography for this but I wished Biyon got this dance later in the season because it felt like he was giving too much and music was so fast and that made him get stiff and stompy in places. He had the character for dance and he lead Marta nicely. He just danced it too quickly and too frenetic for my taste. Still probably top 3 of the night though.

Detlef & Ekaterina: Cha-Cha-Cha: This was easily the dance of the night. This was exactly how you do a Cha-Cha-cha. Great chemistry between the two of them, great hip action, footwork, etc. All of that was there. I actually think this deserved all 8s! Also Ekat KILLED that dance.

My Ranking

1. Detlef & Ekaterina (Cha-Cha-Cha) 24
2. Lulu & Massimo (Rumba) 22
3. Biyon & Marta (Tango) 19/20

4. Jana & Vadim (Contemporary) 19

5. Lina & Zsolt (Waltz) 17/18
6/7. Tony & Anastasia (Waltz) 17
6/7. Gabriel & Malika (Paso Doble) 17
8. Stefano & Mariia (Cha-Cha-Cha) 16
9. Mark & Kathrin (Waltz) 14/15
10. Sophia & Alexandru (Paso Doble) 14

11. Eva & Paul (Cha-Cha-Cha) 12
12. Ann-Kathrin & Valentin (Charleston) 11/12
13. Tillman & Patricija (Rumba) 9

• Like 1

Also here's the scores from Week 3 which was days ago lol.

Eva  & Paul:   Quickstep: (12-  5, 5, 2) 

Jana  & Vadim:  Slowfox: (19- 7, 7, 5)

Mark & Kathrin:Tango: (19- 7, 7, 5)

Lina  & Zsolt:  Samba:  (15- 6, 5, 4)

Lulu  & Massimo:  Quickstep: (16- 6, 6,  4)

Biyon  & Marta:  Cha-Cha-Cha: (22- 7, 7,  8 ) 

Stefano  & Mariia: Slow Waltz: (10- 4, 4, 2)

Sophia  & Alexandru: Viennese Waltz :(17 -6, 6,  5)

Tony  & Anastasia:  Quickstep: (25- 10, 8,  7)

Ann-Kathrin  & Valentin:  Viennese Waltz: (13- 5, 5,  3)

Gabriel  & Malika:  Rumba (24- 8, 8, 8)

Detlef & Ekaterina: Paso Doble (17- 6, 6, 5)

Leaderboard

1: Tony & Anastasia - 25
2: Gabriel & Malika - 24
3: Biyon & Marta - 22
4: Jana & Vadim - 19
5: Mark & Kathrin - 19
6: Sophia & Alexandru - 17
6: Detlef & Ekaterina - 17
8: Lulu & Massimo - 16
9: Lina & Zsolt - 15
10: Ann-Kathrin & Valentin - 13
11: Eva & Paul - 12
12: Stefano & Mariia - 10

Eva, Ann-Kathrin & Stefano were the Bottom 3. Ann-Kathrin escaped B2 leaving Eva & Stefano in it. Eva went home.

20 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Just got through watching the Week 2 dances so I'll post some thoughts.

Week 2 Thoughts:

Eva & Paul (Cha-Cha-Cha): Oooh the super model opening was cute. Is Eva a real model or was that just a concept that had nothing to do with her? She's tall and beautiful and looks like a model. 

Because she actually is a model!! A very real talking, walking,breathing model!

• Thanks 1

Week 4 songs and dances for Italian Night!

Tony Bauer and Anastasia Stan dance rumba to "Cose Della Vita" by Eros Ramazotti

Sophia Thiel and Alexandru Ionel dance contemporary to "Torna a Casa" by Måneskin

Stefano Zarrella and Mariia Maksina dance Charleston to "Via Con Me" by Paolo Conte

Biyon Kattilathu and Marta Arndt dance Viennese waltz to "Ti Amo" by Umberto Tozzi

Ann-Kathrin Bendixen does not dance with Valentin Lusin in Show 4. He and his wife Renata are going to be parents and that's why the professional sits out a round. Mikael Tatarkin steps in and dances the tango with Ann-Kathrin to "Gloria" by Laura Branigan

Detlef D. Soost and Ekaterina Leonova dance contemporary to "Caruso" by Lucio Dalla and Luciano Pavarotti

Lina Larissa Strahl and Zsolt Sándor Cseke dance cha-cha-cha to "Disco Paradise" by Fedez, Annalisa and Articolo 31

Lulu and Massimo Sinató dance samba to "Voglio Ballare Con Te" by Baby K and Andrés Dvicio

Jana Wosnitza and Vadim Garbuzov dance Charleston to "Felicità" by Al Bano and Romina Power

Mark Keller and Kathrin Menzinger dance Jive to "Buona Sera" by Louis Prima

Gabriel Kelly and Malika Dzumaev dance cha-cha-cha to "ITALODISCO" by The Kolors

After the individual dance comes the group dance. Because at the "Italo Night" of "Let's Dance" it's all about battle time on the dancefloor! Gabriel, Detlef, Lulu, Ann-Kathrin, Stefano and Lina compete in a dance duel against Mark, Jana, Sophia, Tony and Biyon.

On 3/18/2024 at 1:13 PM, Abe1818 said:

Eva, Ann-Kathrin & Stefano were the Bottom 3. Ann-Kathrin escaped B2 leaving Eva & Stefano in it. Eva went home.

I think all the models who were eliminated early (on all versions of DWTS) should be invited back for second-chance or all-star seasons.  This actually happened recently in the Australian version.  If there's such a season on this version, maybe Eva will be on there. 

One problem on many versions of DWTS has been with the judges' treatment of female contestants.  I'm still hoping for better treatment.   But, will the judges ever learn?

I also think Maria should be invited for a second-chance season, as well.

Edited by Walker359718

WEEK 3 Thoughts!

Eva & Paul - Quickstep: This was a pretty cute and adorable dance. She did seem a little shaky wat times with her upper frame. But I thought she had good body contact and handled the routine well. She also performed it with more confidence. A decent dance to open the show and I thought it was much better than her Cha-Cha. I may have thought this was her best dance and deserved a little better than a 12. Ooh okay, two judges gave this a 5, which is definitely fair but ugh that mean judge giving this a 2 - this wasn't 2 bad. :wacko: 

Jana & Vadim - Slowfox: LOL I feel like we are getting some odd styles for "I Wanna Dance with Somebody." It's just not the go-to Cha-Cha song anymore, I guess. :dead: This is a really soft and pretty version of the song. And the dance was just that too... very pretty. This was a really soft, pretty and stunning dance. Jana had a good frame and in hold position. She danced it well in and out of hold. Aww the out of hold parts on the instrumental part of the song was adorable. The last spin move was sweet too. A 19 seems good for this. I agree with the 7s from two of the judges (including Motsi) and the 5 from the tough judge isn't too bad.  

Mark & Kathrin - Tango: I think this was probably Mark's best dance yet. But something still feels a bit unease for me when he dances. His posture looks a little hunched when he's in hold. But he did a good job with some of the partnering and footwork of the dance. It was a fast and intricate dance. He had some decent footwork and partnering skills. Kathrin was doing a lot here but she was fierce. Mark is the one I feel is a bit overscored - he got 2 7's and a 5 which is fair, but I'd probably go with 6s.

Lina & Zsolt - Samba: Lina with the first Samba is interesting and quite a big challenge. This was a really cute and fun dance... and there were some fun and hot moments in there. There did seem to be a few wild and hectic moments and technically it wasn't too great but I like the energy and excitement she had while dancing and performing this. She looked like she was having a blast and so much fun here. This was fun! 

Lulu & Massimo - Quickstep: Lulu was serving that Madonna Material Girl look here. :wub: I thought this was a really cute and fun Quickstep. I liked seeing the fun and humorous side of her as a performer here. She got to be fun and flirty but also a bit silly here. I thought she danced well in hold for the most part. Some parts of it did seem a little stiff and sticky but then it did flow better as the dance progressed. I'm surprised with the low 16 as I thought it was better than that. This was probably her weakest dance yet but still.... at least a good 18 or so. I can agree with the 6s but the 4 was harsh. 

Biyon & Marta - Cha-Cha-Cha:  Ooh this was a really fun and flirty Cha-Cha. It's nice seeing Biyon showing off a fun side with the sexy Cha-Cha routine here. He had some good partnering work, footwork and hip action throughout the dance. He hit his moves with a good sense of sharpness to it. Also Biyon and Marta had great chemistry through the dance and really sold it. A fun spicy Cha-Cha! I would go with a mix of 7s and 8s - but whoa... I am shook at the tough judge giving this an 8 while Motsi & the other judge gave 7s. :shock: How often does the tough judge score higher than them? 

Stefano & Mariia - Waltz: Well, thisi s a completely different side of Stefano here here. He got really exposed with this Waltz.  I thought this was okay but this did seem like a dance he didn't completely sell or seem that comfortable with. He did a decent job partnering Mariia. But some of his lines and arms weren't as smooth as it could have been. But the dance did have a nice and charming quality to it. Ouch at the 4s and 2. I did think this deserved better than a 10 and it wasn't that bad but oh well. 

Sophia & Alexandru - Viennese Waltz: Uhhh that intro is SO NOT what I would expect from a Viennese Waltz. :dead: That was quite a sexy opening there, haha. Okay, it's really interesting seeing this intense and emotional side of Sophia here. Yeah this dance had a raw and intense quality to it. I liked the storyline and this was definitely some of Sophia's best and most expressive dancing. Something about her frame and in hold positioning looked off to me and some of the dancing lookeed a bit skippy to me. But I thought she put a lot of heart and emotion into the dance and it was a joy to watch. The mix of 6s and 5 did seem fair. 

Tony & Anastasia - Quickstep: Ooooh this feels like a breakthrough dance for Tony! He's always been really fun and enjoyable to watch with his dances. He delivered a fun and great Quickstep here. He had a good frame and partnered Anastasia well. He had very good footwork and had nice speed in the dance. I enjoyed the side-by-side work that he did here too. This dnace was really cute, fun and infectious. I think one little thing is that I would have liked the dance to flow a little more effortlessly as I felt it didn't do that at a few times. But still, this was a great and fun dance from Tony. Wowzers at the 10. I wasn't expecting that nor agree but that's amazing for Tony. I would agree with Motsi's 8.

Ann-Kathrin & Valentin - Viennese Waltz: This is Ann-Kathrin's first slow dance, which has to be better than her fast dances right? :dead: Oh wow, this is a very different version of Patsy Cline's "Crazy." (ETA: I now see that it was a Jessie Reyes cover so that makes sense). I do like the routine and the romantic/flowy feel of the dance - I just wished a better dancer could have executed it. :ph34rwave: But Ann-Kathrin was put in hold and she was decent on the in hold parts. But she throws her arms out and lacks grace in her arms/hands on the out of hold parts. But this was nice and not terrible - and she is improving. This was definitely her best dance yet. Ann-Kathrin getting 5s here seems really good for her. 

Gabriel & Malika - Rumba: Oooh it's nice to see Gabriel going from an intense Latin style to a romantic Latin. Gabriel did a great job with this dance. Hhis hands and arms were elegant and expressive. He had a lot of fluid and smooth hip action, and the way he danced this was quite smooth and elegant too. The partnering wok was really good and their chemistry was hot. Woww Malika was HOT and such a goddess in this dance - that leg split move she did. :omg: This was a very strong male Rumba - and I feel bad for the male celebs having to follow this Rumba. But yeah all in all, this was a great dance. Oooh straight 8s for this. That's fair and I think I could agree with that. Or maybe the nice male judge could have given this a 9. 

Detlef & Ekaterina - Paso Doble: Did Detlef close the show two weeks in a row? That's so unfair, lmao. But this was quite an intense, powerful and dramatic Paso Doble. Detlef did dance and perform this with a lot of attack and power. I do think he was lacking some of the exaggerated and expressive Paso shaping in his lines and arms. The dance was full of angst and power but it lacked some light and shade. But I still thought it was pretty solid and I liked the intensity of it. Hmm the 6s and 5 did seem a tad harsh but not entirely. I probably would have upped this about 2 more points or so. 

Rankings:
1. Gabriel & Malika - Rumba
2. Tony & Anastasia - Quickstep
3. Biyon & Marta - Cha-Cha-Cha
4. Jana & Vadim - Slowfox
5. Detlef & Ekaterina - Paso Doble
6. Lulu & Massimo - Quickstep
7. Mark & Kathrin - Tango
8. Sophia & Alexandru - Viennese Waltz
9. Lina & Zsolt - Samba
10. Eva & Paul - Quickstep
11. Ann-Kathrin & Valentin - Viennese Waltz
12. Stefano & Mariia - Waltz

Aww I see that Eva & Paul were eliminated. Ultimately, I feel okay about it. Her Quickstep was her best dance but then it didn't really stand out amongst the other dances. So I kinda get her going after this one. 

Week 4 Thoughts:

Jana & Vadim - Charleston: This was a really fun, cheeky and cutesy Charleston. Exactly the way that a Charleston should be. :yes: Jana did really well as a whole with this. She had a great mix of fun comedic performance skills but also had great footwork. She had some good swivels and good side by side dancing with Vadim. The partnering work was really good. This dance was a real joy, so cute and entertaining. I'm loving seeing Jana's growth each week as she seems to be one of the few getting better and better each week (while most contestants seems to have ups and downs throughout their run). She got a 23, and I do agree on those 8s.

Lina & Zsolt - Cha-Cha-Cha: Lina getting a Samba and a Cha-Cha back to back doesn't seem too fair. Though I know it's common and fair as many people had those styles back to back but still. I thought this was a cute and fun dance. Lina had good energy and performance skills and looked like she was having a blast. The dancing and technique did feel inconsistent. She had some good partnering work. But she also had a lot of hectic and wildness in there. She threw her arms and lines away a lot which wasn't too graceful and some footwork/hip action, some stuff like a bit gangly?  But even with all of that, it was fun and decent. Hmmm the two 6's and 4 seems fair? I would go in the 5-6 range so I think I agree.  

Biyon & Marta - Viennese Waltz: Ooof, looks like Biyon took a big dip in scores this week with this dance. :( I thought this was a sweet and charming dance. I do think it could have been smoother and graceful. And technically, he probably wasn't at his strongest. But I thought he performed well and sold the dance fairly nicely. It was better than a 12 to me. Oooh wait, he got two 5s and then a 2 from the mean judge (and didn't he give him an 8 last week? Wowzers.). I agree with the 5s but that 2 was way too harsh. 

Mark & Kathrin - Jive: I wasn't too hopeful for a Mark Jive. Lol why does this opening pose and start of the dance feel like a Tango? :huh: Then it changed real quick and busted to a Jive, which was weird. Mark gave a good effort, but for someone that has been slowly improving, this dance did feel like a step back. It seemed like a lot for him to cope with and he wan't really comfortable with all of the Jive content. It seemed messy and incompletely and quite fast paced, so hard for him to keep up with. But he did try to perform decent and had fun with it. Fun but messy. Oh the sudden changes in the music to give it that Tango feel was weird. :haha: 

Detlef & Ekaterina - Contemporary: The description says that Detlef dances about life and death, so I can tell this will be an emotional dance. It's very interesting that they did a lot of side by side moves mirroring each other before getting to dance together. This was a really beautiful and moving dance. Detlef had some nice lines and poured a lot of emotion into what he was dancing. The lifts were impressive and nicely nice! :omg: I think the only issue I had was the dance lacked fluidity and more fluid movements? I kinda wish it had flowed more. But the sentiment, emotion and overall performance was beautiful. Oh wow, he got an 8-7-6, which all seem like fair scores. I do agree on the 7... and maybe go with a 21/22 score? 

Ann-Kathrin & Mikael - Tango: Ann-Kathrin gets a new dance partner in Mikael this week due to Valentin and Renata having a baby. Congrats to them there. ❤️ Aww well, you know Ann-Kathrin is always trying so I applaud her for that. I did like the routine and thought they had nice chemistry here, especially for a brand new pairing. Ann-Kathrin danced it okay. She does have those gangly and awkward movements and lines that aren't so graceful and natural. But she did a decent job in the partnering work and I think she is slowly getting the hang of it and getting slightly better. Though she's still one of the weaker ones. The two 4s and 3 seem fair. 

Stefano & Mariia - Charleston: Oooh is this going to be like an Italian based Charleston? Oooh dangg this is a really fast paced Charleston. Mariia was not going easy on Stefano here. But yayy I'm happy he's got a high paced energetic dance as this works really well for him. This Charleston was really fun, silly and full of character. Stefano had great swivels, footwork and partnering skills. He also had a lot of moments to shine... and he shone with all of what he did. This was so fun and joyous. A major improvement from his last dance. Wow this was an amazing night for Charlestons as they've been the best dances of the week so far. The 7 and two 8s did seem fair. 

Sophia & Alexandru - Contemporary: I don't think we saw a softer and emotional dance like this from Sophia yet, so this is a real nice change of pace for her. This was definitely a really pretty and emotional dance. She poured a lot of emotion and heart into this dance, which was nice to see. The dancing and technique, to be technical, wasn't the greatest or strongest - but I wasn't expecting that. I still felt she put her all into this. Oh wow, this built up in such a owerful and intense way that I was not expecting. 😮 Omggg at her throwing all of those clothes away at the end. This is a reallly interesting dance. But her best dance. The 7 and two 6s seem fair, I would be more on the 6s side. 

Gabriel & Malika - Cha-Cha-Cha: Oooh I've been looking forward to seeing Gabriel getting a fun party Latin dance like the Cha-Cha. But yeah as expected, Gabriel delivered and sold it with this Cha-Cha. He had great energy and performance skills. He also danced this really well and was very natural with this. :bobo: He had good hip action, partnering skills, footwork and yeah he sold it all well on a technical level. The big lift was great and fun too. Gabriel delivered another strong dance and still remains the overall frontrunner, imo. 

Lulu & Massimo - Samba: Ooooh a spicy Samba should be fun from Lulu, I hope! And yeah this was a fun, hot and sexy Samba from Lulu. I thought she had a fun and great sense of natural ability with performing this dance. She had good hip action, was shaking it all over the lace and looked like she was having a blast. The partnering work was solid and very good. This was a lot of fun and better than I expected. I felt like the 6s were a bit harsh/low. More 7s would have been better.

Tony & Anastasia - Rumba: Tony on some kind of motorcycle ride at the start of the Rumba? Interesting intro. Oh, I didn't really imagine or picture Tony doing a Rumba but I am lowkey worried. This dance didn't suit him as well as some other dances but he gave it a decent effort. It's nice seeing a more mature and romantic side of him here. He showcased and partnered Ana well. He did seem on the stiff side with the hip action and arm placements. I felt like he did a lot of the movements and motions without the proper feeling/emotion to it. It just didn't have a natural and at ease feel to it. But it was still a good effort. The 5s and 4 seem fair. 

Rankings:
1.    Gabriel & Malika - Cha-Cha-Cha 
2.    Stefano & Mariia - Charleston
3.    Jana & Vadim - Charleston
4.    Detlef & Ekaterina - Contemporary
5.    Lulu & Massimo - Samba
6.    Sophia & Alexandru - Contemporary 
7.    Lina & Zsolt - Cha-Cha-Cha
8.    Biyon & Marta - Viennese Waltz
9.    Tony & Anastasia - Rumba 
10.    Ann-Kathrin & Mikael - Tango 
11.    Mark & Kathrin - Jive

I think I saw that Lina & Zsolt and Biyon & Marta  were the Bottom 2, which is already disappointing to see. And ugh nooo at Lina & Zsolt going, which I'm sad to see. :( Lina was fine and wasn't outstanding or anything but I felt she had some potential and could have been capable of a breakthrough dance at some point. I'd much rather see her dance a few more weeks over the likes or Ann-Kathrin and Mark (and maybe Sophia), so this is ugh. :( I feel bad for Lina & Zsolt. :( 

On the other hand, I'm glad therre wasn't a show this past week so now I am all caught up. :haha: 

• Like 1

Dances for Week 5!

Tony Bauer and Anastasia Stan dance Viennese waltz to "Ich Atme Ein" by Roger Cicero

Sophia Thiel and Alexandru Ionel dance tango to "Shivers" by Ed Sheeran

Stefano Zarrella and Mariia Maksina dance samba to "Moliendo Cafe" by Günther Noris

Biyon Kattilathu and Marta Arndt dance Contemporary "Earned It" by The Weeknd

Ann-Kathrin Bendixen and Valentin Lusin dance Quickstep to "Dance Monkey" by Tones and I

Detlef D! Soost and Ekaterina Leonova dance samba to "Tum Takketà" by Luca D and Alessandro Olivato

Lulu and Massimo Sinató dance Charleston to "Crazy In Love" by Beyoncé

Jana Wosnitza and Vadim Garbuzov dance slow waltz to "Get Here" by Oleta Adams

Mark Keller and Kathrin Menzinger dance Slowfox to "I've Got You Under My Skin" by Frank Sinatra

Gabriel Kelly and Malika Dzumaev dance tango to Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters"

• Thanks 1

My Thoughts on this week's dances.

Tony should be at least decent with a VW and he can improve not only from last week's Rumba but his Waltz as well.

The Tango for Sophia is a interesting one but hopefully she can improve from her first ballroom.

Samba......for Stefano. I'm not really excited to see this as Samba is a tricky one and I can't really see him continuing a good dance run following his breakthrough Charleston last week.

Biyon obviously should have a comeback with Contemporary this week. Although the song is more VW/ Waltz to me

Ann-Kathrin and The Quickstep.....I can lowkey see it being the worst dance of the night given how fast it is.

Detlef will either nail the Samba or flop it.

Lulu should be good with a Charleston and this could possibly be the routine that shoots her back up to best woman in the competition. Also paging @*Wallace that there's another Beyonce routine to look forward to on a Version of DWTS!

"Get Here" for a Waltz is interesting.... I would've chosen it for a Rumba. Jana is undoubtedly improving in the competition but I fear this might be the dance that stalls her improvement just like Julia's Rumba last year. 

Fully expecting Mark to serve same old grandpa posture like he usually does in his Slowfox.

"Nothing Else Matters" for a Tango is lowkey a setup but hopefully they'll arrange it to make it fit a Tango. Gabriel should most likely be solid as always. His only issue is that sometimes  he gets so committed that he can get a too concentrated on the steps so much so that the performance value is lost a little bit and also that he goes a bit stiff because of that. If he can fix those then he should be fine. 

Oooooh a "Crazy In Love" Charleston is happening? I'M UP! :wub: 

Love Sophia's and Biyon's song choices. Don't love any others but I do like some other songs in there too.

Meanwhile, LMAOO Ann-Kathrin would dance to one of my least favorite songs ever from the 2020s though. :dead: They just want me to want her out more and more and get mad when she doesn't go, lmao. 🤣

I do agree with a lot of Abe's prediction thoughts on these dances. Curious and excited to see how all of these dances go.

7 minutes ago, Abe1818 said:

HELPPP NOT THE 10S RAINING LIKE CANDY TODAY:dead:

lmaoo wow really? :lmao: The scoring has been so low and strict for most of the season... and now they are suddenly handing out tons of 10s? What gives? :dead: 

• Haha 1

Week 5 Scores + Elimination.

This week we saw the judges go back to their old ways, 10 rain down like candy, everybody perform their best dance except 1 couple and everybody scored their highest score except 2 couples!

Ann-Kathrin & Valentin: Quickstep - 16 (6, 6 , 4)

Jana & Vadim: Waltz - 29 (10, 9 , 10! Liambi's First 10!)

Detlef & Ekaterina: Samba -29 (10, 10, 9)

Sophia & Alexandru: Tango- 19 (7, 7, 5)

Luluyonce & Massimo: Charleston- 27 (9, 9, 9)

Mark & Kathrin: Slowfox- 23 (8, 8, 7)

Gabirel & Maliaka: Tango- 30! (10, 10, 10)

Biyon & Marta: Contemporary- 23 (8, 8, 7)

Tony & Anastasia: Viennese Waltz- 23 (8, 8, 7)

Stefano & Mariia: Samba- 19  (7,  ,7 ,5)

ETA: Biyon was also in the Bottom 3. The Bottom 2 were Stefano & Mariia and Sophia & Alexandru. Stefano went home.

Edited by Abe1818

Switch-Up Week is next week!

The pairings are

Ann-Kathrin & Vadim

Biyon & Malika

Detlef & Kathrin

Gabriel & Anastasia

Jana & Massimo

Lulu & Alexandru

Mark & Ekaterina

Sophia & Valentin

Tony & Marta

Some good pairings!  I would’ve swapped Massimo and Valentin though, hopefully Jana’s progress isn’t derailed.  Very happy with Lulu & Alexandru, wanted them together from the start.  Excited to see what Detlef will dance, if it’s a lift-heavy style Kathrin will go CRAZY and I’m here for it.  

Aww kinda sad for Stefano & Mariia to go. :( He was very inconsistent but when he was good, he was great and had some great dances in him. Like his Tango and Charleston. I would have liked for him to stay a little longer over some others.

What will it take for Ann-Kathrin or Mark to go? :wacko:

Switch-up week looks fun and looking forward to that. I miss this theme on DWTSUS and DWTSIRL.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Aww kinda sad for Stefano & Mariia to go. :( He was very inconsistent but when he was good, he was great and had some great dances in him. Like his Tango and Charleston. I would have liked for him to stay a little longer over some others.

What will it take for Ann-Kathrin or Mark to go? :wacko:

Switch-up week looks fun and looking forward to that. I miss this theme on DWTSUS and DWTSIRL.

Hot mess Sambas and Salsas ❤️.

• Like 1

Week 5 Thoughts

Ann-Kathrin & Valentin - Quickstep: Oh dear, Ann-Kathrin dances to one of my least favorite songs of this decade so far.... this is not good for me on paper. :dead: But I will say it's nice to see her reunited with Valentin. This was a cute and fun dance. Ann-Kathrin is slowly improving based on how she's been doing. She's performing and having a fun with this dances. She's getting better technically and had a decent frame/hold in there. Though technically and footwork-wise, she still isn't too strong. But improvement is there. This was fun, cute and better than I expected. Also think this was her best and most confident dance. The 6s seemed nice and fair for her and the 4 from the tough judge isn't too bad either. I do agree more with the 6s. 

Jana & Vadim - Waltz: Is it me or does Jana & Vadim always perform early? It sure seems that way. I do love how Jana continues to improve week after week. I think she was the one that was getting low scores like 12s and 14s the first few weeks now but look at her now. This was a really soft, elegant and gorgeous Waltz. She had a nice frame, great footwork and lovely chemistry with Vadim. This dance was very dreamy and a joy to watch. It had such an ease about it. ❤️ Oooh loved the move where she ran to him and he twirled her around in the air. Beautiful dance. Wow at the 9 and 10s, especially that 10 from the tough judge. :omg: 

Detlef & Ekaterina - Samba: I love how Detlef has gone all out with this Samba, especially with the fringe pants here! I had high hopes for Detlef here as he delivered a great Cha-Cha early in the season so I thought he could deliver with the Samba. And he did! This dance had a fun camp tribal theme to it. Their solos at the start was a lot of fun! :haha: Detlef had great energy throughout the dance. He had great partnering work, hip action and he really sold the dance/performance elements so well of this dance. His Samba technique and bounce action was really impressive! 😮 The Samba roll was great in there too. My only complaint/issue was that the facial expressions.... those were A LOT. :dead: Kinda distracting but I won't dock points because he was really into and selling the dance like whoa. :haha: Oooh another dance with a 9 and two 10s but can't fault those scores. 

Sophia & Alexandru - Tango: Oooh that was quite a steamy and hot intro with this dance from Sophia there. Oooh this re-arrangement does deliver a sexier Argentine Tango styled falir to the dance. This routine was good and intriguing. Sophia did a decent job with this. She had a good frame. I did feel some of her footwork was steppy, stompy and not slick enough for a Tango at times, I noticed that moreso at the beginning. Ooh the last big lift was cool. The commitment and attitude was there. It was a good Tango but not as good as most of the Tangos from this season. The 7s seem good and fair - I'd go with a mix of 6s and 7s. 

Lulu & Massimo - Charleston: Lol I wonder why all of the women are performing in the first half of the show, while the last half are all men? The bias is REAL on this series. :dead: Although I am always here for a routine to "Crazy in Love" and I knew this would be the Great Gatsby version of the song. The Las Vegas theme was cute and fun. This routine was a lot of fun and entertaining. Lulu had great energy and she performed this game in such a strong and grea way here. I loved all of their side by side dancing, in which they had great sync and hit their movements so hard. :bobo: Ooh wait, I wasn't expecting them to strip off their suit jackets and shake her hair and do some fun sexy moves in there. :lmao: But this was super fun and entertaining. She had great swivels and partnering work through the dance. Oooh wow, that last lift looked like it could have been epic but.... looks like it went wrong. It wasn't a complete disaster but I could tell it didn't go the way it should have been. Dang that's a dang shame because I bet this dance could have gotten 10s if not for that messed up lift huh? 😢 But still, this was fun and impressive... and Lulu's best dance yet. The straight 9s are great and fair! 

Mark & Kathrin - Slowfox: Abe's earlier comment on Mark's frame had me cracking up the other day. :dead: Oooh wow at the little tap solo. That  was kind of a cute way to start off the dance. This was a nice and enjoyable Foxtrot. His frame is a little better and less hunched than before, but it's still there and noticeable. He does seem a little hesistant and unsure while in frame. He had fun and handled the side by side content fairly well, at least better than his Jive. Overall, this was a classy, sweet and charming dance. Mark is improving and this was his best dance but I still don't feel like his scores matches his dances. :ph34rwave: The 8s and7 were really nice for him, though I moreso agree with the 7s. 

Gabriel & Malika - Tango: I was really looking forward to Gabriel's Tango, as it ws the first perffect 30 of the season. Also the song choice is really interesting for this style too. Ooh I figured this would be re-arranged to make it fit for a Tango. I knew this would be a really strong Tango and it certainly was. This was really steamy, passionate and  a stunning Tango. :omg: Gabriel did an excellent job all around with all of the elements needed for this dance. He was partnering and showcasing Malika well in the dance. He had sharp and crisp footwork with the gauchos. The lifts were great, especially that last one where Malika was up in the air for a bit. But yeah this was stunning and definitely a really outstanding Tango! :omg: The perfect 30 was deserving - not sure if I would go there yet - would go with a 29 or 30. But I still feel like it's Gabriel's competition to lose, unless the best dancer doesn't normally win. 

Biyon & Marta - Contemporary: Ooh yeah I forgot that Biyon's Contemporary was to "Earned It." This is such a weird song choice for this style, though I do love this song. And I'm kinda here for a sexier Contemporary. This Contemporary had a sharpness and intensity to it. Biyon danced it well and did well with all of the lifts he did with Marta. Though it did seem like quite a lot of lifts here. I liked the side by side dancing they did around the middle of the dance. They did have steamy chemistry, which was needed for this particular song. The 8s and 7 seem fair here.  

Tony & Anastasia - Viennese Waltz: Hmm, has Tony done a Waltz already? I feel like he may have but I can't really keep track of the dances people have done lol. This was a really nice, sweet and romantic dance. Tony had and showed some nice lines in the out of hold parts at the start of the dance. I thought it looked a little unsure when he got into hold but then he drove and rotated well while moving across the stage and the dance had nice drive to it. I thought maybe not the strongest on a technical level, he still delivered a really good dnace and did well with this. It was very nice to watch.  Another dance with two 8s and a 7, but I think I agree with this one too. 

Stefano & Mariia - Samba: Oooh dear, I feel bad for Stefano having to do the Samba the same night that Detlef slayed and delivered on his. Lots of pressure on Stefano there. Stefano did try his best here with a tough style. He did seem and danced it a little on the awkward side and was kinda stiff at times. But then other times, he had good rhythm. I do think he was a little too placed at times. But then he did let loose when he needed to. It was fun and actually not a bad dance. But on a night where most couples delievered strong and their best dances, I can see how this one got lost in the shuffle, even as a show closer. :( The 7s were fair but the 5 did seem a little harsh. 

Rankings:
1.    Gabriel & Malika - Tango
2.    Detlef & Ekaterina - Samba
3.    Lulu & Massimo - Charleston 
4.    Jana & Vadim - Waltz
5.    Biyon & Marta - Contemporary 
6.    Tony & Anastasia - Viennese Waltz 
7.    Mark & Kathrin - Slowfox
8.    Stefano & Mariia - Samba
9.    Sophia & Alexandru - Tango
10.    Ann-Kathrin & Valentin -  Quickstep

I'm still a bit sad for Stefano & Mariia going. I did mention that I know he's inconsistent but when he's on his best, he could deliver some strong dances.... whereas I feel like there are a few contestants left whose best aren't quite on the level of Stefano's best. So gah, I disagree with these last two eliminations. Hopefully I can agree with the next elimination. 

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Abe1818 said:

Hot mess Sambas and Salsas ❤️.

She hasn’t had a Latin since Week 1, maybe it’ll finally expose her enough to leave.  

There hasn’t been a Salsa so far which probably means it’s again not a regular style this year (last year there was a Salsa marathon instead).  At least that means couples get to do both Viennese and Slow Waltzes!

Edited by Ariel1989

6 hours ago, Ariel1989 said:

She hasn’t had a Latin since Week 1, maybe it’ll finally expose her enough to leave.  

There hasn’t been a Salsa so far which probably means it’s again not a regular style this year (last year there was a Salsa marathon instead).  At least that means couples get to do both Viennese and Slow Waltzes!

I forgot all about the Salsa Marathon. They probably are having it this year with it not being a regular style so far.

Dances for Switch-Up Night!

Tony Bauer and Marta Arndt dance Jive to "Take Good Care Of My Baby" by Bobby Vee

Sophia Thiel and Valentin Lusin dance slow waltz to "Audition (The Fools Who Dream)" by Emma Stone

Biyon Kattilathu and Malika Dzumaev dance quickstep to "L-O-V-E" by Nat King Cole

Ann-Kathrin Bendixen and Vadim Garbuzov dance Cha Cha Cha to "Timber" by Lose Control

Detlef D! Soost and Kathrin Menzinger dance Viennese waltz to "Lose Control" by Teddy Swims

Lulu and Alexandru Ionel dance Slowfox to "Daddy Cool" by Boney M.

Jana Wosnitza and Massimo Sinató dance samba to "Ain't It Funny" by Jennifer Lopez

Mark Keller and Ekaterina Leonova dance Paso Doble to "España cañí" by Pascual Marquina Narro

Gabriel Kelly and Anastasia Stan dance Slowfox to "Bad Habits" by Ed Sheeran

My thoughts on the dances.

A bunch of reused songs from last year's Strictly and this year's DWTSIrl 

Tony should be decent and fun with a Jive although II think I would've liked to see him do it with Anastasia.

Sophia like last week should hopefully improve with her Ballroom and who else to do it with besides Valentin.

I have never imagined a Quickstep to L-O-V-E. Biyon should hopefully improve from his Launch Show Quickstep.

Oh dear , A Cha-Cha-Cha for Ann-Kathrin. This might really expose her and it could be a trainwreck.

Detlef dancing to Blu's VW song. I don't expect it to be as good as Blu given that him and Ballroom haven't really been friends yet but hopefully can improve after not doing it for 4 weeks straight.

I never imagined nor am I here for  A"Daddy Cool" Slowfox:dead:. Lulu and Ballroom also haven't been great friends with Massimo shaking her around like a doll for most of the "Tango" and her having her weakest dance with her Quickstep. Hopefully she'll improve.

Jana doing Angela S'S Samba:dead:.  Jana has been improving but this dance could definitely stall her progress given that she hasn't done Latin since week 1.

Mark with Annabel's Paso Doble song. Yeah I can't see this being as good as hers.

Gabriel should be good with a Ballroom dance. He's Nailed both of them so far so.

• Like 1

Dances for this week! The Discofox Marathon is also coming back this year!

Tony Bauer and Anastasia Stan dance contemporary to "7 Years" by Lukas Graham

Sophia Thiel and Alexandru Ionel dance jive to "Physical" by Olivia Newton-John

Biyon Kattilathu and Marta Arndt dance Slow Waltz to "Can't Stop The Feeling" by Tore

Ann-Kathrin Bendixen and Valentin Lusin dance contemporary to "Am I Enough" by Loi

Detlef D. Soost and Ekaterina Leonova dance rumba to "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers

Lulu and Massimo Sinató dance jive to "Hit The Road Jack" by Ray Charles

Jana Wosnitza and Vadim Garbuzov dance rumba to "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" by Frankie Vallie

Mark Keller and Kathrin Menzinger dance Charleston to "Step In Time" by Dick Van

Gabriel Kelly and Malika Dzumaev dance samba to "Further Up (Na, Na, Na, Na, Na)" by Static & Ben El, Pitbull

Edited by Abe1818