If The Winners Battled.

Jaffy

I Am Reviving This Thread. Who Would You Pair If The Winners Battled? Reply With Some Pairings And Song Suggestions For The Battles. Also, Please Offering Some Personal Reasoning. I Look Forward To Seeing Who You Pair Together. Feel Free To Make Completely Random Pairings As Well, Like Danielle Bradbery VS Jordan Smith, If You'd Like To.

Also, I Chose Not To Add Steals Or Saves, But You Are All Obviously More Than Welcome To, In Fact I Encourage It, I Just Wanted To Make It A Bit Easier For Dumb Myself. LOL To Any Contestant Reading This, Especially The Ones Losing, I Apologize Deeply In Advance, As I Believe Each And Every One Of You Deserved At Least A Chance To Win Your

Season, Even If You Were Not My Personal Favorite To Win. Also, To My Fellow IDF'RS, I Apologize For Cutting Some Of Your Personal Favorites In The Battles, And I'm Excited  To See How You React To My Pairings, So Please Do Not Hesitate To Let Me Know If You Think A Pairing Should Have Been Completely Different, Because It Felt Unfair To You. Keep In Mind, This Order Was Chosen Randomly, After I Made The Pairings, So I Did Not Order These Based On Least Favorite Winner To Most Favorite Winner, But Randomly.

1. Sawyer Fredericks (Season 😎 VS Sundance Head (Season 11)

Song: Whole Lotta Love By Led Zeppelin

I Originally Wanted Sundance To Have A More Soulful Song For His Battle Round, And Sawyer A More Classic Folk Song, But This Seems To Meet Both Of Them Fairly Halfway. I Paired Them Together Because They Are Both Bluesy Rocker Types With Acoustic Guitars, And Like To Put A Lot Of Raw Grit And Strong Immediacy Into Their Performances. This Song Allows Them To Use Their Urgency To Give A Primal Rocker Performance And Match The Emotional Angst And Powerful Soul Growl This Bluesy Rock Song Requires.

Due To His Slightly More Soulful Rasp, I Gave This Win To Sawyer, Although Sundance Was Maybe My Most Difficult Loss, And With Them Would Have Easily Received A Steal.

2. Josh Kaufman (Season 6) VS Todd Tilghman (Season 18)

Song: When A Man Loves A Woman By Percy Sledge

I Know A Lot Of People Will Rightfully Point Out That This Is A Very Surface Level Comparison, But I Cannot Think Of Anyone Else To Pair With The Two. They Both Have Powerhouse Voices With Raspy Tones, And Could Do Anything From Gospel, To Contemporary Christian , To Classic Rock, To Soul. I Wanted To Choose A Christian Song, But Went With One Genre Over A Song That I Feel Could Be Covered Over Any Genre. I'd Prefer A Rockier Song, But I Feel This Fits Their Voices A Tiny Bit Better. I Chose Josh By A Hair, But Todd Was A Tough Cut. If I Was Including Steals Or Saves, He Would Easily Be One. Also, If The Other's Season's Trajectorys Had Different Winners, I May Have Even Given Him Another Winner To Battle. 

3. Craig Wayne Boyd (Season 7) VS Jake Hoot (Season 17)

Song: Rebels By Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

I Initially Considered Pairing Todd With Craig, Due To Their Southern Rock Influences, And On Personal Preference, Choosing Todd But In The End, The Country Influences Beat That Out. This Song Is Obviously A Better Fit For Craig, But Pairing Josh and Jake Just Didn't Seem To Make Sense To Me, And I Think Jake, If He Put Some Grit Into It, Could Actually Pull This Off. I Decided To Choose Craig, Especially After Tragically Having To Cut Todd In The Battle Rounds, Since His Vocals Proved More Interesting To Me Than Jake's, IMHO, Dime A Dozen Tone. If Katie Won Her Season, As I Would Have Personally Preferred, I Would Have Paired Todd With Craig And Chosen Todd, And Found A Different Battle Partner For Katie.

4. Chloe Kohanski (Season 13) VS Girl Named Tom (Season 21)

Song: Never Going Back Again By Fleetwood Mac

I Initially Wanted To Pair Alisan Against GNT, But Since Both Covered Fleetwood Mac Songs, I Decided This Would Be The Slightly More Sensible Pairing. I Think Chloe Has A Powerful Enough Voice To Defeat Three Vocalists, And Her Strong Yet Raspy Voices Is Enough To Defeat Three Vocalists. While GNT Is My Favorite Duo/Trio. Still , I Cannot Root For One On A Show Called "The Voice", And Therefore Chloe Emerges The Winner. However, She Probably Would Have Won Singing Against Any Of Them Solo Anyway, Since She Is That Incredible.

5. Alisan Porter (Season 10) VS Javier Colon (Season 1)

Song: Somewhere Out There By Linda Ronstadt And James Ingram

I Originally Wanted To Give Them Linda Ronstadt And Aaron Neville's Cover Of Don't Know Much Originally By Barry Mann, But Then  I Realized I Didn't Want Too Many Covers On This List. I Am Sure Many Of These Are Covers, But This One Had More Famous Covers By Bill Medley, And Bette Midler. I Apologize For Giving Them This Famous Song From "An American Tail", But It Is Very Well Suited To Both Of Their Voices, And Alisan's Mighty Southern Rocker Voice Is A Wonderful Counter To Javier's Acoustic Soul Sound, Both Absolutely Gorgeous. Since Alisan Is The Slightly Superior Singer, I Gave The Win To Her, Although Javier Is Probably The Most Underrated Winner, Due To His Winning The Show Before The Modern IDF'RS Came Along, Or Those Who Have Been Here Since The Beginning Having Extra Time To Re Watch More Modern Winners Performances On YouTube Before His Blind Was Reuploaded.

6. Danielle Bradbery (Season 4) VS Chevel Shepherd (Season 15)

Song: Die From A Broken Heart By Maddie & Tae

This One Was The Most Obvious, As Both Are Young, Female, Country Singers. I Naturally Gave Them A Song By A Young, Female Country, Duo. I Chose Danielle Because I Prefer Her Tradtional, If Somewhat Nasally Tone To Chevel's, IMHO, Slightly Whiny Tone, And Feel She Has A Little More Experience In Her Voice, While Chevel's Is A Little Green By Comparison. Still If Kirk Had Won Season 15, As I Would Have Preferred, He Would Probably Be Going Danielle Instead, And In That Scenario, Winning, Although I Certainly Enjoy Her Powerful Voice.

7. Tessanne Chin (Season 5) VS Jermaine Paul (Season 2)

Song: Is This Love By Bob Marley And The Wailers

This One Was An Easy Pairing For Me, As Both Were Former Backup Singers, Tessanne For Sir Jimmy Cliff, And Jermaine For Alicia Keys, As Well As Both Having Powerful, Soul Voices And Being Able To Feel A Song, Instead Of Just Singing It. Unlike Other Contestants. I Could Have Easily Given Them A Pop Song, But Since Tessanne Sang Reggae So Effortlessly On The Show As Well, I Decided To Give Them A Powerful Reggae Song Instead. I Preferred Tessanne's Season 5 Run Over Jermaine's, IMHO, Slightly Less Interesting Than I'd Like, Tone.

8.  Cam Anthony (Season 20) VS Chris Blue (Season 12)

Song: Conversations In The Dark By John Legend

This Was A Difficult Pairing For Me, Because These Are Probably Two Of My Personal Favorite Winners, But The Pairing Made Sense Because, Despite Cam's Pop Tone Sounding A Lot Different Than Chris's Soul Tone, Both Have R&B/Soul Influences. This Song Favors Cam, But I Feel Chris Can Pull It Off As Well, Because His Voice Can Blend Into All Different Genres. Also, Both Can Effortlessly Pull Off Runs And Act And Dance On Stage, Which I Do Not Recall Most Of The Other's On This List Doing Perfectly At All, Even The One's I Genuinely Enjoy.

I Chose Cam Because He Would Probably Be The Most Talented Triple Threat We Would Have On The Radio With Some Additional Support But Chris Would 100% Earn A Steal Or Save.

9. Jordan Smith (Season 9) VS Carter Rubin (Season 19)

Song: House of Memories By Panic! At The Disco

This Was An Easy Pairing For Me, Because They Are Both Traditional Pop Powerhouse Male Singers, With High Tenor Voices. Jordan Is Obviously Vastly More Experienced, But Carter Is Talented For His Age, Even Though He Is Personally Probably My Least Favorite Winner, And I Would Have Preferred Cami To Win That Season, As I Felt She Was A Superior Vocalist, Although Based On How She Went Downhill, I Might Have Preferred Desz. Still, Carter Is Undeniably Talented, If Green, And This Powerful Song Is A Good Fit For Both Him And Jordan.

For The Reasons Listed, I Decided To Go With Jordan, Since He Has A Really Powerful Voice, And Is IMO A Superior Male Pop Singer To Most, If Not All, Of The Ones On Modern Radio.

10. Maelyn Jarmon (Season 16) VS Brynn Cartelli (Season 14)

Song: Haunted House By Florence + The Machine

This Was A Difficult Pairing For Me, Since Both Were Two Of My Personal Favorite Winners, But They Both Have Incredible Indie Voices And It Was Not Fair To Pair Either With Anybody Else. I Think This Song Is Perfect For Both Of Their Angelic Voices, And They Could Both Effortlessly Navigate The Difficult Tremor And Hardships In Florence Welch's Mystifying Voice.

I Slightly Preferred Maelyn, Because Their Is Something Indescribable About Her, But Losing Brynn Was Difficult, And It's Hard To Believe It Took Her So Long To Make It On The Voice.

If I Was Doing Steals Or Saves, She Would Definitely Earn One, Because Her Voice Is So Good, But Pales Ever So Slightly In Comparison When Listened To Back To Back With Maelyn's.

11. Cassadee Pope (Season 3) VS (Season 22 Winner)

If Cassadee Is Reading This, I'm Sorry If You Feel Left Out, But There Was Nobody Else To Pair You With. Hopefully We Do Not Have To Wait To Long For Season 22 And A Pop Girl Win.

Edited by Jaffy

• Jaffy changed the title to If The Winners Battled.
Just now, Hamza Tufail said:

Tessanne vs Alisan

Jordan vs Josh K

Cam vs Chris

These three for the vocal slayage.

1 minute ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Sundance vs Jake

Both are country singers with a powerful voice. This should be great.

1 minute ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Sawyer vs Craig

Both have growly type of voices. I think it would blend well.

2 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Todd vs Chloe

Both have raspy voices. They could make a good battle too.

2 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

GNT vs Maelyn

Maelyn and Bekah both have angelic tones. So, this might work.

4 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Danielle vs Chevel

I mean... both are female country singers.

4 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Cassadee vs Brynn or Carter vs Cassadee or Carter vs Brynn

Javier vs Jermaine

By default.

20 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Tessanne vs Alisan

Jordan vs Josh K

Cam vs Chris

Sawyer vs Craig

Sundance vs Jake

Todd vs Chloe

Cassadee vs Brynn or Carter vs Cassadee or Carter vs Brynn

GNT vs Maelyn

Danielle vs Chevel

Javier vs Jermaine

Hamza oh interesting. I like seeing a variation on mine. Any particular song choices?