2: Mark & Kathrin- 59

3: Lulu & Massimo- 57

4: Gabriel & Malika- 51

4: Jana & Vadim- 51

6: Tony & Anastasia- 44

7: Biyon & Marta- 42

8: Sophia & Alexandru- 41

9: Ann Kathrin & Valentin

Ann-Kathrin, Tony, Biyon & Sophia were all in the Bottom 4. To Wallace's misery Ann-Kathrin survived the Bottom 4. Tony,Sophia & Biyon were the Bottom 3 and Biyon & Sophia both went home.

h went home.

Edited by Abe1818

I'm a little behind on the weeks/dances now. So is Mark all of a sudden becoming a frontrunner now? :dead: 

And ugh a double elimination - with another female going but it isn't Ann Kathrin? 😐 Though Sophia going is fine. Insane how she's in the Top 3 women standing when she's arguably been the worst one, lmao. She better not outlast Lulu or Jana.

A bit sad about Biyon going. He started off strong the first few weeks but seemed to have plateau'd in later weeks. So I'm not as sad about him going as I would have been weeks ago.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I'm a little behind on the weeks/dances now. So is Mark all of a sudden becoming a frontrunner now? :dead: 

And ugh a double elimination - with another female going but it isn't Ann Kathrin? 😐 Though Sophia going is fine. Insane how she's in the Top 3 women standing when she's arguably been the worst one, lmao. She better not outlast Lulu or Jana.

A bit sad about Biyon going. He started off strong the first few weeks but seemed to have plateau'd in later weeks. So I'm not as sad about him going as I would have been weeks ago.

She could outlast Lulu given that Lulu actually would've been eliminated in Switch Up Week last week if there was an elimnation but she's also been in the bottom2/3/4 multiple times now so she might go next week

Ugh I got behind so now gonna try to play catch up. :haha: 

Week 6 (Switch Up Week) Thoughts!

Jana & Massimo - Samba: Ooh wow, what a powerful intro from Massimo. Oooh another "Ain't It Funny" Samba. hahaha all I can think of is Angela & Carlos' Samba. This was a really fun, cute and hot Samba all in one. I thought Jana coped well with this Samba (and better than Angela). Ooh there looked like there was some partnered Samba rolls, which was interesting. 😮 Oooh I'm kinda here for the flamenco choero they did in the breakdown of the song. Jana performed this really well, had great hip action and looked like she was having the time of her life here. :bobo: The last big lift was fun too. The mix of 7s and 8s for a 23 did seem fair.

Biyon & Malika - Quickstep: Oooh I don't think I saw a Quickstep to "L-O-V-E" before so this is a kinda new one to me. This was a really cute and fun dance. Biyon had fun and did well with his solo intro at the start. He did well with the side by side parts. He did look a little uncomfortable and messy on some of the in hold parts. I liked some of the in hold pparts but other parts did look like he was struggling. But it was cute and joyous. I do agree with the 7s but ouch that 4 was way harsh - I would have done a mix of 6s and 7s here.

Detlef & Kathrin - Viennese Waltz: I see the video description saying Detlef's VW would be sexy... and oooh yayy, it's a VW to "Lose Control." I love that song so I am already here for this! OK the jackets they are wearing, especially Detlef was a bit weird and distracting. But it sold the story of the dancing so I get that. But yeah I did love this once they started getting into the Viennese Waltz hold. Detlef led Kathrin well and looked like a leading man here. He had smooth and great footwork throughout. There was a lot of power and intensity with how they danced and performed this and they were oozing lots of chemistry here. Their storytelling was really beautiful and impressive to watch. Also as expected, Detlef executed and nailed all of the lifts so well here.This was a stunning dance that did really capture my attention through the whole dance. ❤️ Oh snap, wasn't expecting straight 9s but yayyy, well deserved! LOL at how big Detlef's eyes got when seeing the last judge's 9. :dead:

Mark & Ekaterina - Paso Doble: I'm seeing that Mark is becoming a dark horse/frontrunner so I am really curious to see these dances of his now. :giggle: Okay, this Paso Doble was intense and powerful like it should be. He did seem to have some stiffness at certain points but that can work well for the Paso. I thought he did well with all of the side by side parts and had some great Paso shaping and lines in there. Also this dance being set to a traditional song made it work too. The partnerin work was good but I still wanted sharper and stronger there. But it was still a really good dance and his best so far. A 9 and two 8s is really good for him - though I was more with the 8s.

Ann-Kathrin & Vadim - Cha Cha Cha: I believe it was said on here that this is Ann-Kathrin's first Latin dance since Week 1? How did she get so lucky avoding so many Latin dances? :dead:  But ooooh a Cha-Cha to "Timber" should be fun. Lol this concept at the start is funny to me. :haha: But oooh dear, yeah I wasn't expecting this to be good from Ann-Kathrin and sadly it wasn't. She was quite gangly, awkward and lacked musicality, which was the case with her earlier Latin dances. But I like that she looked like she was having a blast and like she was having fun here. I'm just glad she's improving as a performer and not looking terrified. But with those positives, yeah it simply wasn't good. I feel like Vadim was/had to do a lot here and throwing her around about and she was just flailing about. LOL the bit of her playing the harmonica on the instrumental part. :lmao: Omgg his belt broke? Oooh wow that 6 from Motsi was really nice but ouch at that 3. I think I would probably go with a mix of 4s and maybe a 5, but I kinda love all over the place the scores were.

Lulu & Alexandru - Slowfox: I like the smooth style of this Slowfox. It's so suave, smooth and stylish. A nice glamorous side of Lulu here. I thought this was a really pretty and lovely dance. She had a good frame and good hold through the dance. She danced it well and had some good footwork in there. It was an all around lovely and smooth dance. The 6 did seem a bit harsh but agree on the 7s.

Sophia & Valentin - Waltz: Ooh that was a nice and pretty solo Sophia had before dancig alongside and with Valentin. Overall, this was a really pretty and fairly nice dance from Sophia. She was pretty elegant with how she danced and extended her lines. She was good partnering in hold and moved nicely through the dance. Yeah this dance took me a bit by surprise as it did seem like Sophia's best and most elegant/graceful dance yet. She had a great emotional connection with the dance too. The mix of 7 and 8s seemed fair here.

Tony & Marta - Jive: I feel like the Jive is a great dance style for Tony. Lol the intro of this dance was funny to me. hahaha I like how fun and animated Tony can be. He's quite a character. Uh-oh, he did stiffen up as he got into the Jive hold at the start. But at least his footwork was really good and solid. He had good kicks & flicks. He perfrormed the dance really well and had great fun with this. He did loosen up towards the end when he was dancing on his own and nailed those side by side parts. This dance was infectious and a lot of fun. :bobo: The straight 8s were fair.

Gabriel & Anastasia - Slowfox: Ooh is this an Ed Sheeran song with a completely different arrangement? That was really throwing me off for a little while with this dance. This dance has an interesting feel to it. It kinda reminded me of something Halloween esque or Phatom of the Opera esque? Gabriel did have a nice graceful quality in his movement. He had a good frame and led Anastasia nicely. Gabriel's footwork looked good though maybe not as perfect as it's been in the past. Was she a vampire or something at the end biting his neck? This was a solid dance with a fun storyline to it. The 8s and 7 seem fair though would go more in the 8s range.

Rankings:
1. Detlef & Kathrin - Viennese Waltz
2. Tony & Marta - Jive
3. Mark & Ekaterina - Paso Doble
4. Jana & Massimo - Samba
5. Gabriel & Anastasia - Slowfox
6. Sophia & Valentin - Waltz
7. Lulu & Alexandru - Slowfox
8. Biyon & Malika - Quickstep
9. Ann-Kathrin & Vadim - Cha Cha Cha

Hmmm 2/3, 4/5 and 6/7 all could be interchangeable. Fun Switch-Up episode. 

Week 8 Dances + Team Dances!

Tony Bauer and Anastasia Stan dance Paso Doble to "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" by Ennio Morricone

Ann-Kathrin Bendixen and Valentin Lusin dance samba to "Say My Name" by David Guetta, Bebe Rexha & J Balvin

Detlef D! Soost and Ekaterina Leonova dance Quickstep to "Friend Like Me" by Robin Williams

Lulu and Massimo Sinató dance contemporary to "Crazy" by Natalie Jane

Jana Wosnitza and Vadim Garbuzov dance quickstep to "I Want You To Want Me" by Letters To Cleo

Mark Keller and Kathrin Menzinger dance samba to "Copa Cabana" by Barry Manilow

Gabriel Kelly and Malika Dzumaev dance Viennese waltz to "Mad World" by Tears For Fears

Jury dances! In these constellations, our stars dance with the judges

Team Motsi Mabuse: Jana Wosnitza, Vadim Garbuzov, Gabriel Kelly and Malika Dzumaev dance to "Euphoria" and "Tattoo" by Loreen

Team Joachim Llambi: Lulu, Massimo Sinató, Ann-Kathrin Bendixen and Valentin Lusin dance to "Willkommen", "Mein Herr" and "Money" by Liza Minnelli

Team Jorge González: Detlef Soost, Ekaterina Leonova, Mark Keller, Kathrin Menzinger, Tony Bauer and Anastasia Stan dance to Michael Jackson songs

Okay just working my way on catching up with the show. :haha: 

Week 7 Thoughts

Biyon & Marta - Waltz: Wait is this a Waltz to JT's "Can't Stop the Feeling"? WHATT in the world? I never wolld have imagined this song/arrangement in my life. :dead: But ok that just really shocked me. :haha: Onto the dance, this was a really nice and pretty dance. Biyon danced it nicely though I do think he could have had a bit more flow throughout it. He had it at times but other times, it felt it dragged a bit. But he did pour his heart and emotion into the performance and it was lovely to watch. lol Marta's little dance solo was cute in the middle of the dance at the "dance dance dance" part. It's a shame he's kinda become stagnant and hasn't really improved at this point like I thought he could, as he did seem like one of the standouts. I do agree with the 7s but ouch that 4 was way harsh. 

Jana & Vadim - Rumba: Okay at least this song choice ("Can't Take My Eyes Off of You") makes more sense for a Rumba, lol. Jana looked gorgeous here and she danced this very beautifully. She had lovely hip action, lines and leg extensions. This was a very soft, pretty, elegant and romantic Rumba. She had lovely poses and movements. Also the chemistry between Jana & Vadim was beautiful. The last big lift was nice too.  The 8s were fair, 7 was okay/understandable but think I would have thrown in a 9 in there. 

Sophia & Alexandru - Jive: Oof, I was not too hopeful for Sophia with the Jive when I heard she had this dance. Hmmm, okay this dance is interesting. I am getting like work out 80s feels with this dance, which makes sense with them dancing to "Physical." Uh oh, Sophia made an obvious mistake early on with the dance but she didn't let it phase her. Lol this dance.... it was cheesy, fun guilty pleasure goodness. This routine.... was something. :haha: Sophina performed well and had fun, but her Jive technique and kicks & flicks weren't too good and lacked precision and sharpness. Overall, this wasn't too good but it was fun and silly. I enjoyed it as a performance, at least. :haha: I can't fault the score of 16 as the 6s seemed fair and the 4 wasn't too far off. I would have gone with a mixes of 5s and 6s. 

Ann-Kathrin & Valentin - Contemporary: Oooh Ann-Kathrin lucked up with a Contemporary. If she can't do good with this style, I don't think there's any hope. :dead: But haha no, really... it was nice to see Ann-Kathrin  reallly let loose and let out so much emotional in her performance. This was a very pretty and emotional dance. It was nice for Ann-Kathrin to have a little solo at the start. Then it looked like Valentin would not let her go for a lot of the dance, lol. But this was her best dancing - on an emotional and technical level. Technically, she's still not as strong as most of the others. But this was her best by far and a dance she should be proud of herself with! :yes: Ooh these are her best scores - with a 19, two 6s and a 7? Good scores and agree with those for her, though I may have thrown in more 7s than 6s for her. 

Gabriel & Malika - Samba: I did have high hopes for Gabriel with this Samba as I remembering him delivering a great Cha-Cha early in the season. LOL I kinda love how Gabriel is rocking braids here. :giggle: This was a fun and entertaining dance. Not one of Gabriel's very best at all, but he coped well with a very difficult style. He had good partnering skills, hip action, rhythm and footwork. Though he did have a wildness in his dancing/performing but the Samba can call for that, as he was really giving it his all and lots of energy. Malika was really hot and fierce in this. The 7s were fair, though surprised he got such low scores too. I would have thrown in some 8s - for a mix of 7s and 8s. 

Detlef & Ekaterina - Rumba: Ooooh, you can not go wrong with a Rumba to "Ain't No Sunshine." Love this song for this style. Detlef did a fairly good and respectable job with this Rumba. While he is smooth in his movements, I also think he moved and danced this a little harshly or intensenly. He attacked it a little too hard, mainly with his hands and arm placements. Some of his movements could have been slower and graceful which I think could have given the dance more proper dynamics. But he and Ekaterina brought the intensity, passion and chemistry here, which was very stunning to watch. :yes: Ekaterina was really stunning and hot to watch in this. Wow I am shocked with the strict judge giving this a 10. 😮 Then the nice judges giving this an 8, which I moreso agreed with. 

Lulu & Massimo - Jive: A Bonnie & Clyde themed Jive sounds very interesting. Oh and the "Hit the Road Jack" song choice for it is perfect too. :haha: This was a great, fun and entertaining Jive. Lulu did a great job with having sharp kicks & flicks and sharp Jive footwork throughout the dance. The partnering work was strong. She had great energy and kept it up throughout the dance. Most of all, I thought they told a convincingly strong story throughout the dance and kept it going. Lol them getting arrested at the end. :haha: This was great and lots of fun to watch. :bobo:  Yayy for them getting straight 9s! 

Mark & Kathrin - Charleston: Ahh Mark getting the "Step in Time" Charleston makes me eally sad as I was thinking how Nigel & Katya couldn't do theirs. 😢 I am definitely curious to see how Mark does with this dance as I see he got a perfect score with this. He definitely did a great job and much better than I was expecting when I heard he had this dance. This dance was a lot of fun and really suited Mark. He danced and performed it really well... and he did deliver his best dance. I do think he lost some sharp footwork in the middle section of the dance - so that wasn't quite perfect to me. But he did cope and handle dancing alongside the rest of the dancers really well. I do think the perfect score was a bit much due to a bit of a messy middle section, but still this was Mark's best dance. I would go moreso for 9s than 10s here. But I'm happy for Mark to have this moment. OMG his speechless and stunned reaction to getting all 10s, he looks like he could not believe it. :dead: That was the most calm reaction I've EVER seen to getting all 10s. :dead: 

Tony & Anastasia - Contemporary: Oooh, a "7 Years" Contemporary - this should be a touching and emotional dance. This was definitely a touching and emotional routine where Tony danced it well and poured his heart into the dance. I wasn't too crazy about the routine as it did kind of feel like Contemporary 101 with some of the side by side dancing. I wish those parts could have flowed better, like it did with the partnering steps. I was definitely expecting him to beat Ann-Kathrin in the Contemporary battle but it was a lot closer than I expected. I may have even preferred Ann-Kathrin's dance? I don't know. But this was still a fairly nice dance. 

Discofox marathon: LOL I wasn't going to watch this Discofox marathon thing but I am so curious what this is about and what it entails. Oooh, why does it only have Lulu, Detlef and Gabriel? They didn't show the other ones get eliminated? :oI have no idea what is going on here but it's a lot of fun. Gabriel came in 3rd. Detlef and Luluwere the Top 2 and both did really well with this. lol that Lulu & Massimo still dancing this even after that they won it. :haha: 

Rankings:
1.    Lulu & Massimo - Jive
2.    Mark & Kathrin - Charleston 
3.    Jana & Vadim - Rumba
4.    Detlef & Ekaterina - Rumba
5.    Gabriel & Malika - Samba
6.    Ann-Kathrin & Valentin - Contemporary 
7.    Tony & Anastasia - Contemporary 
8.    Biyon & Marta - Waltz 
9.    Sophia & Alexandru - Jive

Ooh okay, so I saw and read there was a double elimination of Biyon & Marta and Sophia & Alexandru, which are fine and fair eliminations at this point. I was a little sad about Biyon going as he started off as one of my favorites, but he did seem to have peaked at like Week 3 and didn't grow the way I had hoped he would. Then Sophia going was fine as I never really loved any of her dances. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Tony has dropped out due to health reasons 🥺.  Ann-Kathrin will be reinstate with only one day of rehearsal 😬, hopefully she won’t get sympathy votes and take out someone more deserving (although I could do without overrated Mark).  

Tony was one of my faves, such a shame as he had a really great dance last week and could’ve made the Final if he kept upping the standard.  Anastasia has also been such a great addition to the lineup, hopefully she returns next year.  

Week 9’s theme is Magic Moments where the couples basically dance Freestyle with a sort of Most Memorable Year theme.  They’re also having paired up dance battles with Ann-Kathrin & Valentin (previously Tony & Anastasia) vs. Gabriel & Malika in Boogie Woogie, Detlef & Ekaterina vs. Mark & Kathrin in Flamenco and Jana & Vadim vs. Lulu & Massimo in Bollywood.  

Edited by Ariel1989

Ahh woww, that's so shocking and sad about Tony having to drop out. 😢 Hopefully he heals and gets better from whatever has happened. :( I enjoyed him and thought he was a fun contestant.

Oh dear... Ann-Kathrin coming back and with only one day of dance rehearsal? Whhhatttt? I didn't know Germany did this and in such little notice? 😮 Gah... I think they should have just carried on with the show and maybe have a non-elimination and they carry this week's + next week's scores together and do the next elimination there. 

Well whatever happens, like Ariel said, hopefully Ann-Kathrin doesn't rob an actual great dancer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ariel1989 said:

Week 9’s theme is Magic Moments where the couples basically dance Freestyle with a sort of Most Memorable Year theme.  They’re also having paired up dance battles with Ann-Kathrin & Valentin (previously Tony & Anastasia) vs. Gabriel & Malika in Boogie Woogie, Detlef & Ekaterina vs. Mark & Kathrin in Flamenco and Jana & Vadim vs. Lulu & Massimo in Bollywood.  

Also.... this is such a fairly matched up battle. :dead: 

• Haha 1

Continuing on catching up. :haha: 

Week 8 Thoughts:

Detlef & Ekaterina - Quickstep: Oooh I'm always HERE for an Aladdin "Friend Like Me" dance! :bobo: While this wasn't one of the best "Friend Like Me" dances out there, I still enjoyed this. He did seem a little stiff/timid on the in hold parts of the dance at the start. He really came to life and became so animated and performative on out of hold/side by side parts. He nailed the parts and characterization there. He did a great job with the big lifts. I do wish some of his in hold dancing could have been a bit more at ease/effortless. I see this got a 26, so I'm assuming a mix of 8s and 9s which sounds fair to me. ETA: Oh it was actually a 21 for a 7/8/6. The 7s and 8s sound fair though the 6 does seem quite harsh.

Ann-Kathrin & Valentin - Samba: LOL I am already "oh dearing" at the thought of an Ann-Kathrin + Samba combo. Well, I am glad that Ann-Kathrin finally gets challenged with a party Latin style. Sadly, this dance was as I expeced - where she wsa awkward and gangly here. She did lack the rhythm, flow and style needed for the Samba. Her lines were flailyl and all over the place. But she looked like she was having fun and she did cope with the routine. Maybe this wsa better than what she would have done early in the season but not strong enough at this stage of the season. :( Ooh wow, she got all 5s, which is fair - though I was expecting the harsh judge to score her even lower.

Gabriel & Malika - Viennese Waltz: Oooh this is a Viennese Waltz to "Mad World"? I don't think I ever seen that before. 😮 This dance does seem to have a bit of a Contemporary flair to it but it was also more traditional VW than I wsas expecting. This was a dreamy, floaty and stunning Viennese Waltz. I really loved the fast/smooth under arm work they did while partnering each other in the middle of the dance. Gabriel did lead and partner Malika well through the dance, had good footwork and a good emotional connection to the dance. Very beautiful dance all around. :yes: Yayy for the 29 he got! Glad he returned to his frontrunner form with this dance and those scores.

Jana & Vadim - Quickstep: Ahh a "I Want You to Want Me" Quickstep are always fun so I'm looking forward to this. And yay this did not disappoint. It was fun seeing Jana channel her rock side with this character. This was a really cute, fun and infectious dance! She had a great feame, danced and moved around the stage really well and with good speed. Oooh I loved the over flip/cartwheel move they did. That was fun! Some parts at the end looked a little shaky/wild at times? But it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the dance as I thought she did a great job. And this was a lot of fun! Oooh niceee that she got all 10s for a perfect 30! :omg:

Mark & Kathrin - Samba: Ooh dear I'm not too hopeful for a Mark Samba either but he got it the same night as Ann-Kathrin, which is a good time for him to get a Samba. :haha: His Samba was better than Ann-Kathrin's so that's nice. OMGG is he really singing at the start of the dance? I'm guessing so. So unfair. :giggle: I do like how Mark let loose and had fun. He did attempt the hip action, rhythm and flow. He did have some awkwad moments and some of his footwok did look off and awkard to me. I did like the side by side parts and thought he had fun. This was a fun dance, a good effort for a difficult style. He didn't nail it but it was also better and more fun than I was expecting. :yes: Kathrin was a fierce showgirl here! The mix of  and 7s seem fair and fine, though I would go more in the 7s direction.

Tony & Anastasia - Paso Doble: Oooh this western cowboy theme for a Paso seems like a fun idea. I wasn't sure about the Paso for Tony as it doesn't seem like a dance that would suit him. But he really surprised me here. He showcased strong, sharp and powerful lines. He had good shaping and did a great job on the side by side parts. But not to mention, he did really well with the partnering work there too, where he danced with precision and sharpness. I also applaud his characterization as he nailed the serious character here as well. :yes: Wow, well done to Tony on getting a 10. Lol a 10-9-8, scores all over the place but I can't fault it as a 27 did seem fair here - maybe would have even gone with a (another 9 for a) 28.

Lulu & Massimo - Contemporary: Oooh wow, this is such a different and interesting vedrsion of "Crazy" here. 😮 But oh wow, this was quite an intense, powerful, risky, daring and dare I say kinda sexy kind of Contemporary? 😮 I love how they did a much different Contemporary than what I was expecting. Lulu performed this so well and I love the intensity she brought to the dance. She had great technique and lines here. She was so good and powerful here and really commanded the dance! :omg: I love how powerful and dominant she was here - she reallly controlled and let Massimo have it! :shock: So intense. I think this is her best dance yet. Yayy for them getting a perfect 30! :ohyeah:

Jury dances:

Team Motsi Mabuse - Jana & Vadim and Gabriel & Malika: Oooh I love that Motsi got to dance at the start of the dance. She was so fierce there! Oooh a Gabriel and Jana dance is a great dance combo!This dance had a strong futuristic feel to it. I  was getting Jazz/Contemporary vibes from it. I wasn't expecting them to bust out some Cha-Cha but that was so fun to see! I also love how Gabriel and Jana had quite a good moment of dancing together in the dance. There werre a lot of different dance styles fused together but it was all great and fun to watch. 

Team Joachim Llambi - Lulu & Massimo and Ann-Kathrin & Valentin: Oooh this dance is giving me Moulin Rogue, maybe even Chicago vibes/feels here. Ooh but then I see Cabarey in the background lol. But oh this pairing of Lulu and Ann-Kathrin - Lulu is gonna absolutely slay and crush this huh? And yeah.... this dance went how I expected. Lulul slayed it, was so hot and fierce in this and was quite a natural in this. Oooh dear, Ann-Kathrin was so behind and out of it on the side by side parts with Lul and the male pros - that was tough to watch her there. Ann-Kathrin danced this too softly and was quite timid while Lulu danced with every naunce and style to her movements. She was also great and matched well with the backing dancers at the end. 

Team Jorge González - Detlef & Ekaterina, Mark & Kathrin and Tony & Anastasia: Interesting seeing the all guy trio in this dance. But oooo a dance to "Thriller"? I am already here for this! This was a lot of fun with the Thriller moves at the start. Detlef  was really owning that part while Mark did look off and out of sync. Oooh the Cha-Cha section to "Dance & Shout" was a lot of fun. LOL Jorge was hamming it up and had a blast there. That was fun. :haha: Ooh wow, on the Rumba section part, once again Detlef & Ekaterina dominants and commands my attention. He was so smooth there.  There seemed to be a mix of Argentine Tango & Cha-Cha on the "Bad" section of the dance. OMGG THAT solo Detlef had. He's just showing off and crushing Tony and Mark at this point. :dead: Yeah this dance was pretty much all about Detlef with Tony and Mark as backing characters, lol. 

Rankings:
1.    Lulu & Massimo - Contemporary 
2.    Gabriel & Malika - Viennese Waltz
3.    Jana & Vadim - Quickstep
4.    Tony & Anastasia - Paso Doble
5.    Detlef & Ekaterina - Quickstep
6.    Mark & Kathrin - Samba
7.    Ann-Kathrin & Valentin - Samba

Jury dances:

1. Team Motsi Mabuse - Jana & Vadim and Gabriel & Malika 
2. Team Joachim Llambi - Lulu & Massimo and Ann-Kathrin & Valentin / Team Jorge González - Detlef & Ekaterina, Mark & Kathrin and Tony & Anastasia

Not really sure how to rank the jury dances but will place Team Motsi first as both Jana and Gabriel equally shone in that dance. While the other dances, it seemed like one celeb (Lulu and Detlef) shone over their partners.

I see that Ann-Kathrin & Valentin were eliminated after this week's episode, which I thought was a fair and right elimination at this stage of the game. Then the next week's events happened and they were brought back.... so I don't know what to say, lmao. :dead:

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

Continuing on catching up. :haha: 

Week 8 Thoughts:

Detlef & Ekaterina - Quickstep: Oooh I'm always HERE for an Aladdin "Friend Like Me" dance! :bobo: While this wasn't one of the best "Friend Like Me" dances out there, I still enjoyed this. He did seem a little stiff/timid on the in hold parts of the dance at the start. He really came to life and became so animated and performative on out of hold/side by side parts. He nailed the parts and characterization there. He did a great job with the big lifts. I do wish some of his in hold dancing could have been a bit more at ease/effortless. I see this got a 26, so I'm assuming a mix of 8s and 9s which sounds fair to me. 

It got a 21 which was a 7,8,6....

Spoilers: 

So Ann-Kathrin stayed in place of Lulu because apparently we're going backwards in time when a weak woman is worth propping up more than a strong woman 🙄 Seriously, the hypocrisy of fans defending Ann-Kathrin from "hate" while manifesting and cheering for Lulu's elimination ugh (ntm calling her fake for daring to show emotion about her husband showing up during her dance).  Some fans were at least pointing out the disparity in scores regarding underscored Detlef and overscored Mark; the judges have really been stingy and nitpicky with Detlef while praising Mark for doing the bare minimum of bare minimum and throwing their 10 paddles every time he does an unstructured non-Latin non-ballroom dance.  

For Week 10 (Quarterfinals), I think they might be bringing back Movie Night from last year's Quarterfinals (highlights were Julia & Zsolt's Grease Quickstep and Philipp & Patricija's Another Cinderella Story Tango) and I'm pretty sure they will continue with the Trio round they've been doing since 2019 (skipping 2020); last year's highlights were Anna, Valentin & Massimo's Rumba, Julia, Zsolt & Vadim's Contemporary, Philipp, Patricija & Christina's Charleston and Timon, Ekaterina & Mariia's Samba.  

Here's what the remaining couples have left to dance:

Ann-Kathrin & Valentin: Foxtrot, Paso Doble, Rumba, Waltz

Detlef & Ekaterina: Charleston, Foxtrot, Jive, Tango

Gabriel & Malika: Charleston, Contemporary, Jive, Waltz

Jana & Vadim: Cha-Cha-Cha, Paso Doble, Tango, Viennese Waltz

Mark & Kathrin: Contemporary, Quickstep, Rumba, Viennese Waltz

Ann-Kathrin could do any style except Waltz for her Trio (2022 winner René Casselly did a great Foxtrot trio with Kathrin and Valentin); I'm predicting Paso Doble since that might be the least-complicated for her to do with an additional dancer.  Valentin has done Trios with Renata, Evgeny and Massimo but I'm thinking maybe he'll pick Mika since Ann-Kathrin rehearsed with him the week that Renata gave birth, he could pick Massimo again though.  

Detlef could do any style as a Trio; I'm predicting Charleston or Jive, something fun and upbeat.  Ekat has done Trios with Marta and cousin Mariia and I'm leaning towards her picking Mariia again; Patricija could make sense as well since she's tall or Ekat might choose a male pro since Detlef is a strong male partner like René was for Kathrin, possibly Massimo?

Gabriel could do any style for his Trio except for Waltz; I think he'll do an upbeat one as well, either Charleston or Jive, leaning towards Jive.  This is Malika's first time making the Trio round (she previously danced in Trios with Rúrik & Renata and Sarah & Vadim) so there's not much to go on; I'm thinking either Marta, who danced in Gabriel's Launch Show dance and partnered him, or Anastasia, who was Gabriel's Switch-Up partner and is now out of the competition, maybe Anastasia?

Jana has three options for Trio, excluding Viennese Waltz; I'm thinking she might do Tango or maybe Paso Doble if Ann-Kathrin does a different style.  Vadim has done Trios with Kathrin, Malika and Zsolt so I'm leaning towards Zsolt since he chose Vadim last year; Massimo could also be an option if Valentin or Ekat don't snatch him up first, since he was Jana's Switch-Up partner.  

Mark has two options for Trio, the constrictions of Quickstep and Viennese Waltz rule those two out; I'm thinking Contemporary if they want a better chance of Ann-Kathrin leaving again, Mark scores well in the less-restricted dances.  Kathrin has been in Trios with Vadim, Valentin and Isabel but they are all obviously out (Isabel recently had her baby, congrats to her!) and Mark's Switch-Up partner, Ekat, is still in the competition; I'm thinking either Marta or Patricija, possibly Patricija due to her being taller?

3 hours ago, Abe1818 said:

It got a 21 which was a 7,8,6....

Oooh thanks for the correction. I don't know how or why I wrote a 26 in my notes? :dead: 

Oooh and the result this week was so wrong and upsetting. But I don't think I was surprised. :/ I'll comment more on that later.

On 5/4/2024 at 10:00 PM, Ariel1989 said:

Spoilers: 

Reveal hidden contents

So Ann-Kathrin stayed in place of Lulu because apparently we're going backwards in time when a weak woman is worth propping up more than a strong woman 🙄 Seriously, the hypocrisy of fans defending Ann-Kathrin from "hate" while manifesting and cheering for Lulu's elimination ugh (ntm calling her fake for daring to show emotion about her husband showing up during her dance).  Some fans were at least pointing out the disparity in scores regarding underscored Detlef and overscored Mark; the judges have really been stingy and nitpicky with Detlef while praising Mark for doing the bare minimum of bare minimum and throwing their 10 paddles every time he does an unstructured non-Latin non-ballroom dance.  

For Week 10 (Quarterfinals), I think they might be bringing back Movie Night from last year's Quarterfinals (highlights were Julia & Zsolt's Grease Quickstep and Philipp & Patricija's Another Cinderella Story Tango) and I'm pretty sure they will continue with the Trio round they've been doing since 2019 (skipping 2020); last year's highlights were Anna, Valentin & Massimo's Rumba, Julia, Zsolt & Vadim's Contemporary, Philipp, Patricija & Christina's Charleston and Timon, Ekaterina & Mariia's Samba.  

Here's what the remaining couples have left to dance:

Ann-Kathrin & Valentin: Foxtrot, Paso Doble, Rumba, Waltz

Detlef & Ekaterina: Charleston, Foxtrot, Jive, Tango

Gabriel & Malika: Charleston, Contemporary, Jive, Waltz

Jana & Vadim: Cha-Cha-Cha, Paso Doble, Tango, Viennese Waltz

Mark & Kathrin: Contemporary, Quickstep, Rumba, Viennese Waltz

Ann-Kathrin could do any style except Waltz for her Trio (2022 winner René Casselly did a great Foxtrot trio with Kathrin and Valentin); I'm predicting Paso Doble since that might be the least-complicated for her to do with an additional dancer.  Valentin has done Trios with Renata, Evgeny and Massimo but I'm thinking maybe he'll pick Mika since Ann-Kathrin rehearsed with him the week that Renata gave birth, he could pick Massimo again though.  

Detlef could do any style as a Trio; I'm predicting Charleston or Jive, something fun and upbeat.  Ekat has done Trios with Marta and cousin Mariia and I'm leaning towards her picking Mariia again; Patricija could make sense as well since she's tall or Ekat might choose a male pro since Detlef is a strong male partner like René was for Kathrin, possibly Massimo?

Gabriel could do any style for his Trio except for Waltz; I think he'll do an upbeat one as well, either Charleston or Jive, leaning towards Jive.  This is Malika's first time making the Trio round (she previously danced in Trios with Rúrik & Renata and Sarah & Vadim) so there's not much to go on; I'm thinking either Marta, who danced in Gabriel's Launch Show dance and partnered him, or Anastasia, who was Gabriel's Switch-Up partner and is now out of the competition, maybe Anastasia?

Jana has three options for Trio, excluding Viennese Waltz; I'm thinking she might do Tango or maybe Paso Doble if Ann-Kathrin does a different style.  Vadim has done Trios with Kathrin, Malika and Zsolt so I'm leaning towards Zsolt since he chose Vadim last year; Massimo could also be an option if Valentin or Ekat don't snatch him up first, since he was Jana's Switch-Up partner.  

Mark has two options for Trio, the constrictions of Quickstep and Viennese Waltz rule those two out; I'm thinking Contemporary if they want a better chance of Ann-Kathrin leaving again, Mark scores well in the less-restricted dances.  Kathrin has been in Trios with Vadim, Valentin and Isabel but they are all obviously out (Isabel recently had her baby, congrats to her!) and Mark's Switch-Up partner, Ekat, is still in the competition; I'm thinking either Marta or Patricija, possibly Patricija due to her being taller?

Lulu has Cha-Cha-Cha, Paso Doble, Viennese Waltz and Waltz left to dance.  I’m guessing she’ll do one of the Waltzes this week for the first round and one of the Latins for her Trio since I can’t picture either of the Waltzes as a Trio and I don’t see her doing both of them in a single week.  Alexandru danced with Lulu in both the Launch and Switch-Up so he’s probably going to be her & Massimo’s Trio partner.  

Oh and apparently this week’s theme isn’t movies, it’s one movie: Moulin Rouge!  I wonder if it will be a part of both rounds or just the first like Movie Week last year.  

Wow these injury/withdrawals and comebacks in the Germany franchise is insane. 😮 

Oh wow at Mark having an injury and having to withdraw. That's terrible for him. :( I hope he gets better and recovers soon.

Happy to see Lulu come back to the show though not really in this kind of situation.

• Like 1

The dances and songs for tomorrow’s show are out!  All the songs are from the stage musical Moulin Rouge.  

Ann-Kathrin & Valentin

Foxtrot to “Tainted Love” by Karen Souza

Rumba (w/ Alexandru) to “Royals” by Lorde

Detlef & Ekaterina

Charleston to “Milord” by Edith Piaf

Tango (w/ Mariia) to “El Tango de Roxanne by Ewan McGregor, Police Symphony Orchestra

Gabriel & Malika

Contemporary to “Your Song” by Elton John

Jive (w/ Zsolt) to “Hey Ya!” by OutKast

Jana & Vadim

Cha-Cha-Cha to “Raise Your Glass” by Pink

Tango (w/ Anastasia) to “Bad Romance” by Lady Gaga

Lulu & Massimo

Viennese Waltz yo “La Complainte de la Butte” by Zaz

Cha-Cha-Cha (w/ Patricija) to “Material Girl” by Madonna

Ann-Kathrin’s somewhat safely in ballroom hold but a Trio Rumba might be a struggle for her so guessing a lot of lifts.  Surprised about Alexandru being in their Trio, thought they’d choose Mika or maybe they had Massimo until Lulu came back.  

Detlef has great contrasting dances and the iconic El Tango de Roxanne, think he could get at least one perfect score.  No surprise about Mariia being in her cousin’s Trio again, they should do great together.  

Really excited about Gabriel’s Contemporary, the style and song just scream perfect score.  Looking forward to the Trio with Zsolt, if they were going with a male dancer who else but Malika’s partner?

Jana is one of three contestants finally redoing their Launch dance style (Detlef did Tango in the Launch), I felt like she was underscored in her first attempt at Cha-Cha-Cha so hopefully she’ll improve in the eyes of the judges.  Glad to see Anastasia getting picked after her and Tony’s premature withdrawal, she really shone in her pro debut and deserves another season.  

A little worried about Lulu’s chances, she hasn’t faired well in ballroom (understandable with Massimo) and will need to absolutely blow away the audience and judges in order to get past this week after her initial elimination.  Not too sure about Patricija as a Trio partner, she tends to draw attention away from her male partners and I don’t see her changing for a female contestant.  

Spoiler:

Of course Ann-Kathrin survived yet again while Lulu got sent home again.  Ann-Kathrin is the fourth-lowest scoring contestant and in the top four 🙄

The couples who make the Semifinals always do the last two dances they haven't danced before plus the Improv Dance Round where they pick a random dance style and have limited minutes to change their costumes and for the pro to give instructions to the celeb before they perform (it's also different music than what they had for their first attempt).  It's a pretty difficult challenge for the couples to get good scores (even Anna Ermakova saw a rare 8 in her Improv Challenge Rumba despite ending the season with a record-breaking eleven perfect scores); only two celebs have earned a perfect score in that round, Victoria Swarovski (the current co-host and winner of season 9) and Luca Hänni (season 13 finalist whose pro partner and now-wife Christina lost a shoe during the dance and continued dancing like she was still wearing both heels!), so expect to see some unusually low scores in that round from even the best of the best.  

Here's the dances that each couple has left:

Ann-Kathrin & Valentin: Paso Doble and Waltz

Detlef & Ekaterina: Foxtrot and Jive

Gabriel & Malika: Charleston and Waltz

Jana & Vadim: Paso Doble and Viennese Waltz

I think Gabriel and Jana are going through to the Final for sure, they each have had consistently good scores and positive fan support.  I'm worried for Detlef, he's not the most popular and despite his previous dance experience, his scores have been inconsistent.  Ann-Kathrin has strong fan support that has rallied whenever the judges are "mean" but she's going to have an uphill battle with two full dances as well as preparing to perform any dance style that she draws for the Improv Round.  The top three are going to need to be as close to perfect and epic as they can in order to pass her fanbase.  

I'm still a little behind but ugh I'm annoyed for poor Lulu getting eliminated twice on back-to-back weeks. 😐 So unfair on her and that she wasn't given a reprive like Ann-Kathrin was. :( 

Hoping for a Detlef/Gabriel/Jana Top 3. That would be a really strong and competitive Top 3. :yes: I wonder if Gabriel is perceived as the obvious winner? He seems that way to me.

• Like 1

Playing some more catch up!

Week 9 Thoughts

Jana & Vadim - Freestyle: Jana dances away her cancer worries about her mom the description says. So I take it she's dancing this for her mother who has/had cancer? Oooh this is kind of an intense, abstract and powerful Contemporary here. Jana really threw herself into this! She attacked it with a lot of sharpness and showcased some lovely and stunning lines. Oooh there was also some Paso Doble content. Oh wow, I didn't realize this was "Fighter" for awhile until it got to the chorus. But wow Jana delivered yet another strong and powerful dance here. :yes:  Ahhh nicee that she got a perfect 30 here! 

Lulu & Massimo - Freestyle: Aww I'm seeing that Lulu dedicated her dance to her husband. It's also really nice and sweet how she got to sing at the beginning of the dance. 😮 OMG whoa, it starts off so soft and beautiful - and then it transforms into this hot and fiery Paso/Tanggo fusion dance, which I wasn't expecting. :lmao: Lulu was hot and fierce in this dance. She danced and performed with fire and attack. Ooh and then the dance transforms back a Rumba. There's so much going on but she danced the Rumba beautifully. Awww it's how her husband showed up at the end and aww their love they shared for each other at the end. ❤️ Oooh straight 8s. That's fine but for this late stage of the season? Kinda worrisome.

Gabriel & Malika - Freestyle: I'm not exactly sure of Gabriel's dance dedication but it looks like it's dedicated to his family. This also looks like a Rumba inspired dance. He dances this dance very beautifully and smoothly. He had great artnering work and lovely lines. The lifts wrere nice and smooth. This dance had a really sweet and heartfelt feel to it. The ending was sweet and touching too.  This was another lovely and great dance from Gabriel. No surprises he got a 30 for this.

Mark & Kathrin - Freestyle: Oooh this reminds me of some Broadway musical kind of dance - with the music, theme and setting. It has that Hollywood flair/feel to it. This was a fun and exciting routine though I feel like the fun and entertainment value of the routine/choreography overshadowed Mark's dancing. It gave me like a modern day Singing in the Rain feel to it? OMG as soon as I said that, they start dancing to "Singin' In the Rain." :haha: Mark did dance and perform this well. He is improving, had fun and danced/performed this well. But I still don't think his dancing matches his high and perfect scores. But well done to him with the perfect 30.

Detlef & Ekaterina - Freestyle: Ooooh wow, Detleft's Freestyle was really cool. I love and stan that he had some hip-hop animation style in his dancing while showcasing some Paso Doble spanish lines in there. And it looks like he was dancing with the Jabbowackez. :giggle: Ooh wow and then the main dance changed to a Rumba? Very interesting. 😮 The guest singer is beautifuly and sang the song beautifully. Anyway, Detlef danced this dance beautifully. He looked and danced it more gracefully this time around. He had good partnering skills and lovely lines. I liked the Samba roll they had in there. This was lovely to watch and I loved the emotion that Detlef poured into this. Ooh was this Detlef's wife? 😮 Straight 9s is really good for him here.

Ann-Kathrin & Valentin - Freestyle: Oooh okay this was Ann-Kathrin's return/comeback dance after being eliminated? I've lost track. Contemporary dance is best suited for Ann-Kathrin as she does a decent job here. There is a lot of storytelling and acting here before the dancing does start. Ann-Kathrin does a good job connecting with the dance though I do feel like she overacts in these dances at times? She does dance awkwardly in hold, at least when she was in hold at the instrumental part of the song. She danced much better in hold once the "Beautiful Things" portion of the dance kicked in. She was pretty decent and good with the Waltz she danced here. Nice and lovely dance that showcased Ann-Kathrin well. Although she's still the weakest overall. But a 21 is good for her.

Jana & Vadim vs. Lulu & Massimo in Bollywood: Oooh it's fun seeing Jana and Lulu dancing the Bollywood together. I thought both Jana and Lulu danced the routine very well and had a lot of fun performing the dance. This was so cute, fun and entertaining to watch. :bobo: I honestly thought they were evenly matched so I don't get why Lulu only got a 26 while Jana got a 29. I would have scored them much closer. Though maybe Jana was a bit sharper and quicker with her movements?

Detlef & Ekaterina vs. Mark & Kathrin in Flamenco: Oooh a Detlef vs. Mark Flamenco should be interesting. I expect Detlef to absolutely crush and slay this. And actually he did after watching this. He had fluid and expressive Spanish lines and danced this in such a dynamic and sharp fashion. The partnering work he and Ekaterina did were great here. Mark did well and a decent job. I did notice he messed up at one spot (or maybe a few spots) and also looked to struggle to keep up with everyone. But he did have some good partnering and solo moments. Lol Mark's solo was fun. But Detleft killed his solo. But comparing the two, Detlef just looked a lot more natual and really into this! Mark's 24 and Detlef's 30 both make sense. 

Ann-Kathrin & Valentin vs. Gabriel & Malika in Boogie Woogie: LOL I could not wait to see this unevenly dance match with possibly the best dancer vs. arguably the worst dancer of this Top 6. :dead: Ooh a Boogie Woogie dance style? This sure is interesting, haha. And yeah, as expected Gabriel crushed and slayed this while Ann-Kathrin did struggle. Gabriel  danced and performed this in such a fun and effortless way. Ann-Kathrin was cute and had fun. She wasn't as loose and free with her movements like this dance style calls for. LOL Gabriel did go all out and had a blast with his solo. :haha: Actually to Ann-Kathrin's credit, as I watch this as a whole, I didn't think she was that bad. She did perform this in a fun way. I think Ann-Kathrin's 17 was kinda harsh and maybe she deserved a few more points. :ph34rwave: I can't fault Gabriel's 30 as he was great and crushed this dance!

Tony & Anastasia - Freestyle (last dance): I am glad that Tony & Anastasia were able to do their last dance despite having to withdraw, which was a sad way for him to go out. :( Aww the dance starts off so nicely and beautifully with Tony's solo to "Go the Distance" and I liked how Anastasia came in and danced with him. Oooh then yess I love that he danced a Hercules inspired Jive + Charleston as well. Tony did seem to lack some energy/stamina but I get that he wasn't 100% himself enough to dance. But I did like how much fun and joy he had while dancing this. A good final moment for Tony. 

rankings:
1.    Jana & Vadim - Freestyle
2.    Gabriel & Malika - Freestyle
3.    Detlef & Ekaterina - Freestyle
4.    Lulu & Massimo - Freestyle
5.    Mark & Kathrin - Freestyle
6.    Ann-Kathrin & Valentin -  Freestyle 

Week 10 (Quarter Finals) Thoughts 

Detlef & Ekaterina - Charleston: OMG I was not expecting to see Detlef dressed in and perform in drag but I am here for it!I also wasn't expecting Ekaterina to dress in a man's role either. Loving this switch up. This was a fun, cute and entertaining dance. I love how they both hammed it up and went full camp with this dance. Detlef danced and performed this dance really well as a whole.  Some of his technique and footwork could have been a bit more sharper. The song also kinda got a little grating towards the end so that ruined a bit of enjoyment. But I won't take that out on Detlef & Ekaterina. Still a very good dance to start off the show. Ooh and wow, it's cool how they are somewhere else (or so I think). I think the 26 with a mix of 8s and 9s is fair.

Lulu & Massimo - Viennese Waltz: This was a really pretty and angelic Viennese Waltz. Lulu looked so angelic in her white dress. I thought she danced this beautifully in hold and she flowed across the stage well. The lifts were smooth and seamless here too. The dance as a while was quite smooth and dreamy. I did feel like a 23 was low for this. I don't fault the 8s but think the 7 was a tad low. I would have gone for a mix of 8s/9s here.

Jana & Vadim - Cha-Cha: I'm just loving Jana's growth in this competition. ❤️ This was a fun, fierce, sassy and confident Cha-Cha she delivered. She had great leg action, hip action, partnering work and she was hitting and dancing her moves with great sharpness. She was precise and hit her moves with a lot of attack to them. Not only did she dance the Cha-Cha content well, but I liked the fun humor she showed in the dance too. Fun and great dance from Jana! :bobo: Though this dance didn't really feel Moulin Rogue to me. Yayy for the two 10s and 9, I can't fault those scores. But oh, I'm shocked that Motsi was the one to give a 9. 😮

Ann-Kathrin & Valentin - Slowfox: Ooh "Tainted Love" in a Slowfox fashion is really interesting here. This was a good dance style for Ann-Kathrin. She  did an alright/decent enough job here. Still not really a quarter-finals level kind of dance though. But she danced decently in hold and moved well across the stage. It was nice seeing Ann-Kathrin showcasing a mature and sexy performance here, which I don't think she's been able to do before. Ooh interesting that she got a 6/7/5 here. Scores are all over the place here but I am fine with the 18 she got here. Though the 5 was a little harsh but the 6s and 7s seem fair.

Gabriel & Malika - Contemporary: Okay, finally a song that I recognize for Moulin Rogue, with them dancing to "Your Song." This was a really understated, lovely and beautiful Contemporary routine. Gabriel danced this beautifully and was technically strong here. Not only that but he partnered and showcased Malika well here. They had lovely chemistry and connected so well here. They were so lovely to watch together. This dance had such a flowy, smooth and lovely quality to it. I expected this to be strong and beautiful... and it was all of that. ❤️ I am not surprised and understand this getting the perfect 30!

Detlef, Ekaterina & Mariia - Tango: Oooh yesss, Detlef is the perfect celeb to get the "Roxanne" song choice. This was such a strong, sharp and intense Tango! I thought Detlef did a great job leading and partnering two female pro dancers. He had a great and firm frame and great footwork. He had great chemistry with both ladies here too. Maybe fun is the wrong word choice but this was an entertaining and fiery dance to watch. And also SO dramatic! I loved all of the drama that they brought here. :omg: Nicee that Detlef got a perfect 30 here!

Lulu, Massimo & Patricija - Cha-Cha: Oooh "Material Girl" is a really cute and fun song choice for this Cha-Cha. OMG I didn't even notice that Lulu was dancing  with a female pro at first. :haha: This was a really cute, fun, sexy and cheeky Cha-Cha. I really enjoyed how they all danced as a cohesive trio here. Lulu stood out as being fun and sassy dancer/performer here. I liked how the pros made sure this dance was about her. Sadly, I don't thinnk this was quite as sharp as Jana's Cha-Cha, just with comparing the two dances but it was still fairly and very good. I do agree with this dance having a mix of 8s and 9s - though I would moreso go with straight 9s.

Jana, Vadim & Anastasia - Tango: Oooh I am so here for a "Bad Romance" routine as I do love this song. :wub: Also woww... also very risky of Jana dancing with another female pro here too. This was a fierce, hot and passionate Tango. Wow Jana had some really good and sharp leg action here. I really loved the parts where they danced in hold as a trio. But they always made sure to have Jana stand out and be the star here. I also liked the parts where Jana danced in hold by herself with Vadim/Anastasia dancing on the other side. A fun and fierce dance! Yayy for this dance getting a perfect 30 too!

Ann-Kathrin, Valentin & Alexandru - Rumba: "Royals" is part of Moulin Rogue? Lol I'm sooo confused. Well, Ann-Kathrin did try here. I think with this dance, she was trying to get the hip action so props to her for that. But this dance felt like she was dancing through the motions and it felt Rumba 101. I didn't feel the passion or chemistry she needed for the Rumba. It felt slow and blah. I wanted more steam and passion. It also felt stagnant with a stop-and-go quality, which didn't work for me. But she did better with this dance than she would have at the start of the season. Ouch at the 16. And a really big ouch at that 4. The 6s were fair.... the 4 a little harsh, maybe but I can get it?

Gabriel, Malika & Zsolt - Jive: Oooh I'm excited for a high energy Jive from Gabriel! Though "Hey Ya" for this theme too? I am SOO confused. :dead: OK This is a reallly interesting dance and risky for Gabriel to dance alongside another pro. Now I did feel like Malika, being the only woman in bright red and in the middle, it looked like she was the star of this dance for a lot of this dance. So I don't ~love~ that for Gabriel. However, he reallly did kill and slay this dance. He had such great and high energy in how he danced and performed this dance. He had great sharp kicks & flicks! The partnering work was fast, precise and so good to watch. So I do wish Gabriel was more in the center of the dance, he still did a dang impressive job. This really looked like 3 pro dancers dancing a Jive showcase together! :bobo: Okay I love that Gabriel had more of his shining moments around the middle and end of the dance. Yeah maybe I am nitpicky but this was another fantastic and strong dance from Gabriel. And I still loved it a ton. :haha: Not surprised he got another 30 here but it was well deseved. 

Rankings:
1.    Gabriel & Malika - Contemporary
2.    Jana, Vadim & Anastasia - Tango
3.    Gabriel, Malika & Zsolt - Jive
4.    Detlef, Ekaterina & Mariia - Tango
5.    Jana & Vadim - Cha-Cha
6.    Lulu, Massimo & Patricija - Cha-Cha
7.    Lulu & Massimo - Viennese Waltz
8.    Detlef & Ekaterina - Charleston
9.    Ann-Kathrin & Valentin -  Slowfox
10.    Ann-Kathrin, Valentin & Alexandru -  Rumba

As for the results, I don't know who was in the Bottom 2 or what... but ugh I know Lulu & Massimo was eliminated once again. NOT a fan of them being eliminated two weeks in a row, that's such a bummer especially as I think she should have been in the Top 4 over Ann-Kathrin. :broken: 

• Like 1

The Bottom 3 from Moulin Rouge Week were Lulu, Ann-Kathrin & Detlef. Ann-Kathrin & Lulu were the bottom 2 and obviously Lulu left for daring to be good at dancing.

Elimination + Leaderboard from The Semi Finals:

Gabriel & Malaika: Waltz- 29 (10,10,9), Charleston - 30 (10, 10, 10) ,  Rumba/Samba Improvised Fusion-  30  (10,10,10)=  89/90

Detlef & Ekaterina:  Foxtrot & Rumba/Cha-Cha Improvised Fusion  29 (10, 10,9).  Jive- 29 (10,9,10) = 87/ 90

Jana & Vadim: Paso Doble & Viennese Waltz 29 (10, 10, 9)  Tango/Cha-Cha Fusion 24 (9,8 ,7)= 82/90

Ann-Kathrin & Valentin: Paso Doble- 20 (7, 7, 6) ,  Waltz & Rumba/ Tango Improvised Fusion 23 (8, 8, 7) = 66/90

The Bottom 2 ended up being Jana & Ann-Kathrin . Jana grabbed the third place in the final which meant Ann-Kathrin had to sashay away.

Also these were the songs they danced to

Detlef D! Soost and Ekaterina Leonova dance a Slowfox to "Swing Supreme" by Robbie Williams and a jive to "Livin' La Vida Loca" by Ricky Martin

Jana Wosnitza and Vadim Garbuzov dance a Paso Doble to "Tamacun" by Rodrigo y Gabriela and a Viennese waltz to "Voilà" by Andre Rieu and Emma Kok

Gabriel Kelly and Malika Dzumaev dance a Charleston to "Do Your Thing" by Basement Jaxx and a slow waltz to "At This Moment" by Michael Bublé

Ann-Kathrin Bendixen and Valentin Lusin dance a Paso Doble to "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" by Santa Esmeralda and a slow waltz to "Against All Odds" by Phil Collins

• Like 2