Eurovision Song Contest 2023

paparizouqueen

Last night was the first Super Saturday, Lithuania´s first heat and Norway´s second semifinal, also Portugal, Denmark and Finland release their National Final songs

In Lithuania Ruta Mur wins by far the first heat here´s the performance

In Norway after 2 semifinals they have 6 finalists

Finland had 7 finalists, here the recap

Portugal

Denmark

Edited by paparizouqueen

• 2 weeks later...

Iru Khechanovi wins The Voice in Georgia and is the representative for the country very soon the song will be release

Tomorrow Slovenia drops his song for this years contest

Ireland is in this moment doing his national final and in minutes will have de Irish song!!

Here the last 4 finalists from last night second semi final of Benidorm Fest, for me i want Blanca Paloma for the win!!!

And this saturday, not only Spain and Slovenia selects their entries, also Norway and another semi finals from Lithuania and first semi final from Sweden and Latvia, ANOTHER SUPER SATURDAY!!!

The stage from this years contest!!!!

And the 2 semi finals, The big 5 and las years winner Ukraine were divided to vote in one semi final (Italy, France and Germany in Semi final 1 and Spain, UK and Ukraine in Semi final 2)

4 more songs, in Ireland Wild Youth wins eurosong

Slovenia selected internally with a jury, Joker Out is representing the country with Carpe Diem, in the video you can change the subtitles from Slovenian to English

In Norway Alessandra wins by far Melodi Grand Prix

And finally my country selects Blanca Paloma YESSSS!!!! SO HAPPY!!! She wins by far Benidorm Fest

Edited by paparizouqueen

This super saturday, another 7 songs were selected

In Estonia is Alika with "Bridges"

In Denmark Reiley with "Breaking my heart" He won the jury vote but not the public vote

In Croatia Let 3 with "Mama SC" they won by far the juries and public vote a very bizarre song

In Malta The busker with Dance with your own party"

In Latvia Sudden Lights with "Aijaa"

And Romania Theodor with "D.G.T"

Avery strange night with some countries selecting good and other meh... Only Italy left but Sanremo ends at least at 2 am

Edited by paparizouqueen

• 2 weeks later...

Marco Mengoni wins Sanremo again after 10 years and is the Italian choice again

France  selected La Zarra with a very sensual song

In Lithuania Monika Linkyte is again in eurovision after his first time in 2015 with Baidas

Australia is going to reveal his artist and song in a few moments

And this Saturday Loreen in Sweden is going to participate in Melodifestivalen, I hope she come back to eurovision afterhis win in 2012, HIGH HOPES FOR HER!!!

Another super Saturday, more songs from Germany, Serbia, Iceland and Moldova

OMG Germany being relevant FINALLY!!!!

YAAS Serbia very interesting sound and i love the staging

Iceland a adorable bop but they need to do something with the staging because is very flat everything, she is amazing in attitude

And Moldova, Pasha returns to eurovision after representing the country in 2012 with "Lautar" this time with the tribal "Soarele si Luna"

More songs

Loreen won Melodifestivalen in Sweden ( Pretends to be shocked) and is the big favourite to win eurovision again after her victory in 2012

Mimicat wins Festival da cançao in Portugal, a funny song, i hope she can qualify

And the last one a very bland song from Azerbaijan, not bad but 0 competitive, i think is the second time Azerbaijan is not going to qualify

ONLY 2 SONGS LEFT, ARMENIA (15th march) and GEORGIA (16th march) and that´s it!! a lot of hipe with these 2

And the bookies again

https://eurovisionworld.com/odds/eurovision

The last 3 songs, Greece, Armenia and Georgia

Greece send a 16 years-old boy with a very safe choice, i like it but they need to bring a good staging to stand out

Armenia very interesting, i love the parts in Armenian is incredible how it goes up 

Georgia with their winner of The Voice, she won junior eurovision in 2011 and this time is with the same composer, AMAZING entry and very interesting this could do a top 10 easy

And a recap of all 37 songs

• 3 weeks later...

Once again, and for the 11th-straight year (including the 2020 cancellation), I get to evaluate what has been sent forth to this contest.  I must say, though, after my first evaluation and viewing of the performances (I always do 3 before the contest begins, and always with 10 criteria), I thought only 13 songs this year were superior to last year's.

Be that as it may, after my first evaluation, Spain's Blanca Paloma, with "Eaea", came up as my number 1.  Italy's Marco Mengoni (7th in 2013), with "Due Vite", is my number 2.  Austria's Teya and Salena, with "Who The Hell Is Edgar?" is my number 3.  Sweden's Loreen (winner in 2012), with "Tattoo", is my number 4.  Estonia's Alika, with "Bridges", is my number 5.  Azerbaijan, Finland, Albania, the U.K. and France round out my top 10.

Edited by CookyMonzta

On 4/10/2023 at 7:42 AM, CookyMonzta said:

Once again, and for the 11th-straight year (including the 2020 cancellation), I get to evaluate what has been sent forth to this contest.  I must say, though, after my first evaluation and viewing of the performances (I always do 3 before the contest begins, and always with 10 criteria), I thought only 13 songs this year were superior to last year's.

Be that as it may, after my first evaluation, Spain's Bianca Paloma, with "Eaea", came up as my number 1.  Italy's Marco Mengoni (7th in 2013), with "Due Vite", is my number 2.  Austria's Teya and Salena, with "Who The Hell Is Edgar?" is my number 3.  Sweden's Loreen (winner in 2012), with "Tattoo", is my number 4.  Estonia's Alika, with "Bridges", is my number 5.  Azerbaijan, Finland, Albania, the U.K. and France round out my top 10.

Very good top and thanks for having my country as your top 1!! remember this year you can vote, for the first time the rest of the world can vote!!

Rita ora, one of the guests of this years eurovision

And the bookies, Spain slow and steady is going up and is now 4th favourite to win!! Sweden is the favourite but they need to change the staging because they can`t do the melodifestivalen one.

https://eurovisionworld.com/odds/eurovision

My second round of evaluations is complete.  It took 6 days this time, as opposed to 4 days for my first evaluation.  Nonetheless, once again, I have to give it to Spain!  Italy remains 2nd on my scorecard, with Portugal moving up to 3rd.  Austria slips to 4th, and Finland moves up to 5th.  Albania, Sweden, the U.K., Croatia and Azerbaijan round out the rest of my top 10.

Where Marco Mengoni's performance (including the music video) is driven almost entirely on substance, and Loreen's is driven almost entirely on style (which will be challenged as her team tries to come up with a new stage setup), Blanca Paloma has both.  That spacy electronic sound goes very well with the lyrics and the way she sings.  If the stage setup is anything close to what I believe it could be, she will win.  Right now, the nostalgia of Mimicat, the comedy of Teya and Salena, and the ferocity of Käärijä are among those who trail her.

Edited by CookyMonzta

• 3 weeks later...

Well, my evaluations have ended, all of which I have done without having watched any of the national contests or the rehearsals.  These are based entirely on the songs (audio) and music videos they sent to the EBU; and as always, I use 10 criteria...

9.70 Spain (9.70 for the song, 9.70 for the video)

9.65 Finland (9.72/9.58)

9.63 Portugal (9.68/9.58)

9.58 Italy (9.60/9.56)

9.56 Austria (9.58/9.54)

9.55 France (9.58/9.52)

9.55 Sweden (9.50/9.58)

9.54 United Kingdom (9.46/9.62)

9.50 Azerbaijan (9.48/9.52)

9.49 Estonia (9.50/9.48)

Croatia 9.48, Albania 9.48, Australia 9.47, Lithuania 9.45, Moldova 9.45, Slovenia 9.45, Greece 9.45, Czechia 9.44, Switzerland 9.44, Ukraine 9.43;

Netherlands 9.42, Cyprus 9.42, Germany 9.42, Armenia 9.40, Norway, 9.37, Serbia 9.37, Malta 9.36, Israel 9.36, Romania 9.30, Latvia 9.29;

San Marino 9.28, Belgium 9.27, Denmark 9.26, Poland 9.23, Iceland 9.20, Georgia 9.20, Ireland 9.17.

After 10 years of watching this show, it is even more obvious that, with a good song, you have to be able to sell it to your listeners, on stage or in a video, or both.  This year, I think Blanca did the best job with both the audio and video aspect of the song.

Edited by CookyMonzta