Eurovision Song Contest 2023

paparizouqueen

LET THE EURODRAMA BEGIN!!!!😂 Ukraine wants to host the contest but the EBU says no no no... UK and the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) thanks for being 2nd place this year will attend the contest, is the first time since 1980 that the winner don´t host the contest, at this moment 20 countries confirms participation for the next year

Edited by paparizouqueen

Another statement about the situtation and they confirm Ukraine can´t host the contest, here is a list with the cities in the UK want to host the contest

https://esctoday.com/187220/eurovision-2023-which-city-in-the-uk-will-host-the-contest/

The London mayor wants to host the contest in his city

Very soon more about the eurodrama

• 3 weeks later...

i have to say true

i dont understand why EBU  will sell there eurovision right 

to other cocuntrys 

for me  "eurovision" is a special thing for all of us europe countrys

well beside aussie

they only got the right to compete in  eurovision 2023

then its over for them

unless a winner country wil invite them 

i hope not

EBU  gave australian  promision to compete in eurovision until 2023

• 2 weeks later...

Let´s do a recap of all the entries from each country, let´s begin with the winner of this year Ukraine

Fun facts:

the 2004 singer Ruslana participated in the game GTA 4 in  Vladivostok FM is the DJ and also his eurovision winning song appears in the game.

Ukraine is the only country that always qualified to the final (if we don´t count the big 5)

The 2005 song was chosen very controversial, first they made a long program to select his song and "because the TV broadcaster wants" they include directly to the final "razon nas bahato" at the end that was the song chosen because is related with the orange revolution in Ukraine

The 2007 troll entry hidden a secret message, some people says in the chorus Verka says "I want you see Russia Goodbye" but is Lasha Tumbai, however with the current situation they include that line Russia goodbye

The 2008 entry was created by the dream team and they are from Russia

2009 singer sold his house to pay everything of his performance and the videoclip

2010 another controversial year, after they select his song, the song didn´t follow the rules, then select another one and again same thing happend and the Ukrainian TV didn´t get a song at the deadline and they had to pay to the EBU a fee everyday until they get that final song "Sweet people"

2011 Following Mika Newton's victory at the Ukrainian national final, jury member Hannah Herman petitioned for a re-evaluation of the votes due to multiple votes being submitted from a single phone number which caused votes to be miscounted. On 28 February 2011, it was announced that a new final among the top three acts: "Angel" performed by Mika Newton, "The Kukushka" performed by Zlata Ognevich and "Smile" performed by Jamala would take place on 3 March 2011 with the winner being selected exclusively via a public televote. Viewers participating in the public televote would have the opportunity to submit a single vote per phone number for the participating entries via SMS However on 1 March, Jamala withdrew from the new final claiming that votes would again be rigged. Zlata Ognevich also withdrew on the same day as she was due to take part in another television show the day the final would be held.On 4 March 2011, NTU announced that the new final would be cancelled and "Angel" performed by Mika Newton would remain as the Ukrainian entry for the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest. For curiosity, Zlata came 3rd in 2013 and Jamala won in 2016.

2015 Ukraine can´t participate because they owe money to the EBU

in 2019 they withdraw because the singer had to sign a contract that forbid to the singer to sing in Russia and the singer was very famous there

2022 winners auctioned the eurovision trophy for more than 800.000 euros.

Edited by paparizouqueen

i dont know if this is interesteting 🙂

i have read a interview from RAI1 boss  about  asking rafella carrer as host on esc and italy national selection 2022

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On 5 July 2021, after Carrà's death, RAI director Stefano Coletta revealed on television that there were plans to ask Carrà to present the eurovision song contest 2022 and the Sanremo Festival that same year.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bulgaria, North Macedonia and Montenegro withdraws from eurovision 2023

Bulgaria they changed their delegation after 2021 contest and the new one is a mess... and they decided to withdraw because they don`t care

North Macedonia and Montenegro because the current situation, the high cost of participation, they prefer to use the money to pay electricity

Edited by paparizouqueen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi world_idols!! We have a lot of national finals, but yes i know Italy did Sanremo Giovanni but that is secondary, however we have the snippets from Belgium and the songs from Spain my country here i leave a recap, in Belgium they select 7 singers and each singer made 2 songs the final will be on 14 January

• 4 weeks later...

Happy 2023 to everyone!!! here are the 21 candidates from Norway, 3 semifinals (January 14, 21, 28 and the big final on 4 february) some of them are past representatives from Norway

Albania selected his entry on December here are their song

Also this Thursday and Saturday will be the 2 semifinals from Estonia and this saturday the big final from Belgium (the preselection season begins!!!!)

Edited by paparizouqueen