Eurovision Song Contest 2022 (10-12-14 may 2022)

world_idols

95ef5bd2-99b1-4a59-927d-000ac09eb63c.png

Semi-final 2

Finland: The Rasmus – Jezebel
 Israel: Michael Ben David – I.M
 Serbia: Konstrakta – In Corpore Sano
 Azerbaijan: Nadir Rustamli – Fade To Black
 Georgia: Circus Mircus – Lock Me In
 Malta: Emma Muscat – I Am What I Am
 San Marino: Achille Lauro – Stripper
 Australia: Sheldon Riley – Not The Same
 Cyprus: Andromache – Ela
 Ireland: Brooke – That’s Rich
 North Macedonia: Andrea – Circles
 Estonia: Stefan – Hope
 Romania: WRS – Llámame
 Poland: Ochman – River
 Montenegro: Vladana – Breathe
 Belgium: Jérémie Makiese – Miss You
 Sweden: Cornelia Jakobs – Hold Me Closer
 Czech Republic: We Are Domi – Lights Off

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TELEVISION CALENDAR  (12-05-2022)
DENMARK
21:00
(DR1) Eurovision Song Contest 2022 - Semifinale 2  - https://www.dr.dk/drtv/kanal/dr1_20875 (LIVE TV)
23:00
(TV2 CHARLIE) ABBA Forever
23:55
(TV2 CHARLIE) Agnetha om livet efter ABBA
01:00
NORWAY
(NRK1) Eurovision Song Contest 2022: Semifinale 2
23:00
SWEDEN
(SVT1) Eurovision Song Contest: Semifinal 2   -- https://www.svtplay.se/video/34877527/eurovision-song-contest-2022/eurovision-song-contest-12-maj-21-00 (LIVE TV)
23:20
ITALY
20:30
(RAI1) Eurovision Song ContestSt 2022 - 2^ Semifinale
23:15

HERE IS THE LINK FROM EBU

https://eurovision.tv/story/eurovision-2022-how-to-watch

ON THE LIST YOU CAN CHOOSE WHERE YOU LIKE TO WATCH THE SHOW
FROM THE LIST OF ALL THE COUNTRYS WHO IS COMPETE THIS YEAR
ITS THE LINK TO THE OFFICIELLE - LIVE TV

Edited by world_idols

Performances from two of the Big Five were made available at Eurovision.tv.  Rehearsals, no doubt, the last ones before the start of the competition.

9.57 France

I wondered if the art team of Alvan and Ahez could bring those graphics to the contest and work them into that semicircle behind them.  Certainly more energy than when they performed this at the national contest C'est Vous Qui Décidez.  They were my #5 before this contest and the bookies' #12 before the first semifinal jury performances began.  If they don't get too early a spot, they might finish in the top 10.  There were points where they were in danger of slipping well-off-key in the singing.

9.62 Italy

The original song is 3:17 and had to be edited down to 3:00 without destroying the flow of the song, like they did in 2017.  The song was edited down to 2:54, with an a cappella opening and a quiet fade-out at the end.  The trenchcoat might go well with Mahmood if they simulated rain in the CGI; and they re-created the piano scene with Blanco.  They are my #3 for this contest, and the bookies' #2 (slipping to #3 as we approach Saturday); but they're quite likely to maintain a top-3 finish in the end.

Edited by CookyMonzta

Ok so here is my list for tonight show

Eurovision son contest 2022 - Semi-final 2

Naaaaa   don’t like list

Terrible song list

Dont know list

Its ok song list

Good song list

Eurovision son contest 2022 - Semi-final 2

Congratulations to these 10 countrys

I wish you good luck next  year

And once again, here I am with my take on the performances in this contest.  The second semifinal was much harder for me to score than the first.  I use 10 criteria to score the performances.

9.35 (14) Finland (Q)

The Rasmus were my #4 for this semi and the bookies' #6 on Monday, but they were starting to slip on the bookies' boards.  I didn't like the stage setup they went with (lots of yellow with balloons), and they didn't strike me as being as ferocious on vocals as they did in their recording, and I thought they were going to slip out of the top 10.  Fortunately, rock is always a qualifier for Finland, with one exception for being way too short (PKN in 2015).

9.40 (10) Israel (NQ)

Pair a well-choreographed routine with a good song, and in many cases you might have a recipe for qualifying.  Before this week began, I didn't think Michael Ben-David stood a chance (he was my #13 for this semi); but after his performance, I thought he would steal a spot.  Looks like my Sunday guess was the right call.  But did his antics well after the semi performances kill his chances?  I think maybe the next 2 performers dealt him the bigger blow...

9.53 (3) Serbia (Q)

Biti zdrava...biti zdrava...biti zdrava...biti-biti-biti! 😋  Get a song with a catch-phrase that you can clap to, one that rings in your ears long after the song is over, and you're likely to strike gold!  Other than leaving her dog home, Konstrakta didn't change much in her original setup, which goes perfectly with the subject matter in the song.  She could get a ton of points from the other former Yugoslav republics, all of whom didn't qualify.  She was my #17 overall before the contest began, and has been the bookies' #10 for nearly a week and may be rising.

9.44 (7) Azerbaijan (Q)

Prop selection is very important when you're looking for residual points here and there; and when done right (consider 2013), Azerbaijan is among the best.  Last time they had a ballad like this (2014), they qualified.  This time, like last time, expectations are not that high, except for Nadir to hit that high note one more time.  He could possibly finish in the middle of the pack.

9.27 (16) Georgia (NQ)

Circus Mircus brought with them the shortest song in this year's contest.  However, once the intro was done, the lyrics from there on didn't go very far.

9.25 (18) Malta (NQ)

Biggest mistake for Emma Muscat was trading a retro-synth tune for a tune that could have been the final song in any talent-show championship final.  The song was pretty much sold that way on stage, and I'm not surprised that she didn't qualify.

9.40 (12) San Marino (NQ)

This may be a case of Achille Lauro doing too much on stage.  Was the mechanical bull really necessary to sell his performance?

9.44 (6) Australia (Q)

Bring an emotional song to the stage and let that emotion pour out, and you're likely to win over juries and televoters equally.  But Sheldon Riley has an uphill battle if he wants to bring Australia back into the top 10.  He's not the only one with a song like this.  He was my #15 overall before the contest started.

9.42 (8) Cyprus (NQ)

I docked Andromache for being off-key (although not dramatically) in a few places; but I still thought all the other aspects of her performance (including her backups and use of a stage prop) were enough to get her through.

9.26 (17) Ireland (NQ)

Brooke might have sold this song better with (1) a serious musical revamp, and (2) a stage play, with her singing this song to an ex-boyfriend, while throwing money in his face.  The slumber-party dance act (though not in pajamas) wasn't going to cut it, given that there were other dance routines that I thought were way better.

9.29 (15) North Macedonia (NQ)

The stage setup for Andrea was quite appropriate for her performance; but it is hard to sell a performance in any other way when the song is overshadowed by so many others.  Nonetheless, I'm not convinced she finished last in this semi.

9.51 (4) Estonia (Q)

Stefan brings with him a western (not to be confused with country) song with a message that turns out to be quite appropriate today.  I was afraid he'd be the odd man out, had there been one or two upset qualifiers.  He was my #3 in this semi and my #10 overall.  Nice simulation of film static from an old Western movie.  Maybe singing last will help him finish in the top 10.

9.41 (9) Romania (Q)

WRS was among those riding the razor's edge to qualify.  His ticket to the final was pretty simple:  A good song and a well-choreographed dance routine that went well with the song.  He outdid Michael and Brooke on those 2 aspects.

9.60 (1) Poland (Q)

We are so used to seeing comedy on the Eurovision stage, that it is very rare to see tragedy being portrayed so well.  For that, Ochman ended up as my #2 overall this past weekend (Sam is my #1).  He was the bookies' #7 at the start of this contest.  Given that he will sing late (23rd) on Saturday, Poland should easily get its 4th top-10 finish.

9.36 (13) Montenegro (NQ)

An appropriate message for the present day; but obviously both Vladana and her song were overshadowed by others in this semi.

9.40 (11) Belgium (Q)

I thought Jérémie was holding back too much on his vocals, reluctant to hit some high notes that he did in the recording session; and for that, I thought it was going to cost him a spot in the final.  He was my #6 in this semi (my #16 overall).

9.55 (2) Sweden (Q)

Cornelia brought with her quite probably the most thoroughly-written song in the contest.  But with superior props coming from other contenders, should she have updated her props or brought something new?  She was my #8 overall before the start of this contest.

9.48 (5) Czech Republic (Q)

In the battle of electronic dance tunes brought to this year's Eurovision stage, We Are Domi obviously fared better than did Lum!x and Pia on Tuesday.  But how high can they go on on Saturday, given that they have to perform first?

So; as was the case on Tuesday, 8 out of 10 on my scorecard qualified.  All of my top 10 and 19 of my top 20 (Cyprus is out) are still in this contest.  How many of those will finish in the top 10 or top 20?

TELEVISION CALENDAR  (13-05-2022)
ITALY
20:30
(RAI1) Eurovision Song ContestAnteprima   https://www.raiplay.it/video/2022/05/Anteprima-Eurovision-Song-Contest-2022-del-13052022-57427a82-b02f-4aa4-87a5-fa0ea5a54045.html
20:35

TELEVISION CALENDAR  (14-05-2022)
GERMANY
20:15
(ARD) Countdown für Turin     - https://www.ardmediathek.de/live/Y3JpZDovL2Rhc2Vyc3RlLmRlL2xpdmUvY2xpcC9hYmNhMDdhMy0zNDc2LTQ4NTEtYjE2Mi1mZGU4ZjY0NmQ0YzQ?toolbarType=default (live tv) or try this https://www.eurovision.de/index.html
20:55
Das Wort zum Sonntag
(ARD) Eurovision Song Contest 2022 - Finale aus Turin    - https://www.ardmediathek.de/live/Y3JpZDovL2Rhc2Vyc3RlLmRlL2xpdmUvY2xpcC9hYmNhMDdhMy0zNDc2LTQ4NTEtYjE2Mi1mZGU4ZjY0NmQ0YzQ?toolbarType=default (live tv) or try this https://www.eurovision.de/index.html
00:50
(ARD) ESC - Aftershow      - https://www.ardmediathek.de/live/Y3JpZDovL2Rhc2Vyc3RlLmRlL2xpdmUvY2xpcC9hYmNhMDdhMy0zNDc2LTQ4NTEtYjE2Mi1mZGU4ZjY0NmQ0YzQ?toolbarType=default (live tv) or try this https://www.eurovision.de/index.html
01:20
DENMARK
20:45-01:00
(DR1) Eurovision Song Contest 2022 - finale   - https://www.dr.dk/drtv/kanal/dr1_20875 (LIVE TV)
22:50
(TV2 CHARLIE) Brdr. Olsens 50 års jubilæumskoncert
23:50
(TV2 CHARLIE) ABBA Forever
00:45
(TV2 CHARLIE) ABBA In Concert
01:40
(TV2 CHARLIE) ABBA-Dabba-Dooo
02:40
NORWAY
(NRK1) Eurovision Song Contest 2022: Finale
00:10
SWEDEN
(SVT1) Eurovision Song Contest: Final   -   https://www.svtplay.se/video/34915523/eurovision-song-contest-2022/eurovision-song-contest-14-maj-21-00-1  (live tv)
00:50
ITALY

20:35 
Eurovision Song ContestSt 2022 - Finale

HERE IS THE LINK FROM EBU

https://eurovision.tv/story/eurovision-2022-how-to-watch

ON THE LIST YOU CAN CHOOSE WHERE YOU LIKE TO WATCH THE SHOW
FROM THE LIST OF ALL THE COUNTRYS WHO IS COMPETE THIS YEAR
ITS THE LINK TO THE OFFICIELLE - LIVE TV