Who will be in the finale with Katie and Jake?

istersay

who will be there  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one

• Rose
    • Joana
    • Myracle
    • Hello Sunday
    • Kat Hammock
    • Ricky Duran
    • Marybeth Byrd
    • Will Breman
    • Shane Q

I wouldn't be, and added them as potential top 4. The producers love them--they'd be a first in Voice history if they win (teens, duo, AA) even though they won't-- and Kelly's crazy about them.

They check a lot of boxes with the older demo + underdog status + likable + the very important growth arc with casuals.

TLDR: If they keep improving and get the PV next week, don't be shocked if they make the finals.

They have a lot of fans. You may not hear them a lot because, in general, people complain a lot more than they compliment. You'll hear their haters because their haters are a lot louder than the fans.

I'm not a fan of them, but the amount of people I've seen on social media professing genuine love for them was surprising at first. But now that I think about it, you're 100% correct, that they check A LOT of boxes. Older demo. Underdogs. Likable. Growth arc. Extremely young and able to hit impressive high notes. Adorable appearance (like the pigtails). Not to mention that Kelly flips out every single time they open their mouths, and her genuine passion for them goes a VERY long way. And if their Wildcard Instant Save for the Top 13 was SO CONTROVERSIAL with the viewers, then you'd think that the YouTube video of it would be drowning in dislikes, just like all controversial Instant Save videos tend to be (like, look at the one where Red wins over Noah Mac [s13], or Reagan's RobeGate [s15]).

But it isn't, because people are happy about it.

Yeah, I don't think people should sleep on them. Nor should anyone be surprised if they make it to the semifinals. I can see them winning a very crucial and competitive, divisive Instant Save by putting a strategic big note in there.