American Idol S22 Live Grand Finale Discussion

22 minutes ago, FunkyFrankie said:

I haven’t been a fan of will anyway 

ooh abi is a platinum ticket winner too :shock:

Yeah she's the first platinum ticket to win on Idol.

KB and McKenna should have gotten their own separate duet partners - like the others.

Some of the celebrities were more generous than others.

The biggest surprise was Jack coming in 3rd and Katy Perry choosing him to sing instead of Abi.  But that was a somewhat lackluster performance, especially for her farewell.

7 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

im glad a woman  won this season, but idol, still needs to fix other issues in their show. Such as going back to single eliminations. They also  should  go back to having in top 20/24s a male performance night and female performance night. Also the audience itself still needs to work on its diversity voting department. Like Roman and Nya were robbed and shouldn’t have left nearly as soon as they did.

single eliminations won’t happen on this day and age no matter how much anyone on production wants to. it’s just too much money. it would get the show cancelled. it’s why the voice only does 3 rounds of lives shows nowadays. it just doesn’t generate the financial return they would need to invest money into it. i feel like the top 24-20-14-12-10-8-7-5-3 format was pretty great for todays standards so if they stick to that, i’ll be happy already. i would def change the finale format tho. they should do it like they did on s16. one night of performances and one night for results. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, wildestinvegas said:

single eliminations won’t happen on this day and age no matter how much anyone on production wants to. it’s just too much money. it would get the show cancelled. it’s why the voice only does 3 rounds of lives shows nowadays. it just doesn’t generate the financial return they would need to invest money into it. i feel like the top 24-20-14-12-10-8-7-5-3 format was pretty great for todays standards so if they stick to that, i’ll be happy already. i would def change the finale format tho. they should do it like they did on s16. one night of performances and one night for results. 

I mean it’s not too much knee for a big company if they actually cared about their fan base 

51 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

I mean it’s not too much knee for a big company if they actually cared about their fan base 

it is tho. it’s out of their hands. no tv network will ever do that format again. they did it on the old days because it gained them money. 

5 hours ago, Elliott said:

i'd-rather-set-myself-on-fire-robin-sher

Hey be nice. lmao

She would probably be really sweet and give you a hug even if you didn't vote for her. hahahaa

Kidding! ❤️ :P 

2 hours ago, wildestinvegas said:

I really think the Voice has slimmed its live shows down, not because of the ratings, but as a way to market the Coach position to potential red chair holders. If they only have to commit to a 3 week live run, a busy star is more likely to consider it. A 6 or 8 week commitment, otoh? Too demanding.