Prediction: Casuals might be in for a shocker when McKenna is booted around 9-10th

MalwareDie

Her numbers are FB aren't very impressive, and her voice appears to be tiring out. She could be the Pia of the season where casuals thought she was a front runner, but she shockingly goes out somewhat early in the competition.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It honestly wouldn't be that shocking. The new era of idol is so short and the cuts week to week are so massive that it is hard to parse out where people stand outside of like 2-3 of them. It would be kind of silly to be shocked by a pre-top 5 booth from anyone other than maybe Abi, Will, and Triston.  During old Idol, there were much longer seasons and it was usually the same contestants in the bottom each week so you had an idea of everyone's place in the competition. Mckenna could be high up there in votes or she could've barely scrapped by into the top 10. It's hard to tell. I will say it isn't lost on me that they stuck her at the end of both voting nights so someone is pulling for her BTS.

As for her voice, I thought it was at risk of tiring out during hollywood week, but I think I've settled with that's just the natural quality of her voice. It is kind of a mix of Elise Testone and Laci Kaye Booth. I just need more Elise and less Laci, whose voice and vocals did become concerning by the end of her run. I think she just needs to stick to songs like "Both Sides Now" and avoid "The Story." Unpopular opinion, but she had no business singing that song. 

I see like a top 7/top 8 ceiling for her tbh. I could also be totally off.

Edited by joe14
  • Like 2

I would be a bit more worried for Julia, KB and maybe even Abi if anything, the first 2 seem to be the most vulnerable due to past performances not landing whereas McKenna picks great songs AND is seemingly getting great performance slots

we'll see what happens thou

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

I would be a bit more worried for Julia, KB and maybe even Abi if anything, the first 2 seem to be the most vulnerable due to past performances not landing whereas McKenna picks great songs AND is seemingly getting great performance slots

we'll see what happens thou

I see Julia going 11-12th. I don't see how Nya or Jordan will survive the next cut. Julia can survive the next vote and then be eliminated without much fanfare.

Edited by MalwareDie
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, MalwareDie said:

Her numbers are FB aren't very impressive, and her voice appears to be tiring out. She could be the Pia of the season where casuals thought she was a front runner, but she shockingly goes out somewhat early in the competition.

I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if that happened.  Disappointed, but not surprised.  That said, I think she’s more likely to go around 7-8.

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

Nothing the Idol voters could do would shock me at this point. (Unless they voted a woman to win the season that would surprise me). 

Lol honestly, this

the girls > the guys but ofc snoozefest Will or Triston will win this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/16/2024 at 12:21 AM, MalwareDie said:

I see Julia going 11-12th. I don't see how Nya or Jordan will survive the next cut. Julia can survive the next vote and then be eliminated without much fanfare.

I really don't see Roman, or even Jayna, getting more votes than her... When's the last time a saved contestant suddenly survived the next cut? It was usually back when they saved one at a time that they had a better shot.

Edited by NGL2008

7 minutes ago, NGL2008 said:

I really don't see Roman, or even Jayna, getting more votes than her... When's the last time a saved contestant suddenly survived the next cut? It was usually back when they saved one at a time that they had a better shot.

Season 20 was actually an interesting season for this. The wildcards were Allegra/Jay/Mike/Tristen. Only Allegra was eliminated immediately after at Top 14 - Tristen made Top 11, Mike made Top 10, and Jay made Top 7. 

• Like 2