Jump to content

America Shows Its True Colors Once Again


satyre

Recommended Posts

I guess you get extra points for being country, young, cute and/or white. What a surprise. A telling comment by Ryan that the votes got "spread around" between certain contestants. Can't have too many of them, can we? No matter how good they are, isn't it usually the case that they have to be better... unless they sing country or pop of course.

Edited by satyre
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hsamid, I agree up to a point. Middle America doesn't understand music that's black-inspired, even though most modern American music is. The only thing that would excuse this travesty, with most of the black singers in the bottom ten, is that the religious songs were a turn off to voters. I'm a non-religious Jew, but if this is a singing competition, you vote for the best singer... period. And clearly Quintavius, Odell, Nya, Jayna and Roman were all among the best singers.  P.S. What a farce that Quintavius didn't make the top 14.

Edited by satyre
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, satyre said:

Hsamid, I agree up to a point. Middle America doesn't understand music that's black-inspired, even though most modern American music is. The only thing that would excuse this travesty, with most of the black singers in the bottom ten, is that the religious songs were a turn off to voters. I'm a non-religious Jew, but if this is a singing competition, you vote for the best singer... period. And clearly Quintavius, Odell, Nya, Jayna and Roman were all among the best singers.

 

Unfortunately, it's not just a singing competition!  Yes, it's the most important thing but there are other factors involved.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, satyre said:

but if this is a singing competition, you vote for the best singer...

American Idol isn't *just* a singing competition though. There are other factors taken into consideration such as artistry, story, songwriting, etc. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gone are the days of Idol where the big voiced belters dominated the votes. They’ve been gone since Season 7, honestly. Country and singer-songwriters are going to get the majority of the votes nowadays. Especially now that the show gets 5 million viewers instead of 25 million. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This happens every season, and yet every season I have to remind people that ABC (and thus American Idol) has a massive tie-in in the summer with CMAFest. As long as that transpires, this show will continue to skew towards that demographic. Seeing as how it’s been beneficial for them, I don’t think they care. :haha:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

This happens every season, and yet every season I have to remind people that ABC (and thus American Idol) has a massive tie-in in the summer with CMAFest. As long as that transpires, this show will continue to skew towards that demographic. Seeing as how it’s been beneficial for them, I don’t think they care. :haha:

Emmy, KB, and McKenna need to be there this year so I can meet them. :giggle:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

This happens every season, and yet every season I have to remind people that ABC (and thus American Idol) has a massive tie-in in the summer with CMAFest. As long as that transpires, this show will continue to skew towards that demographic. Seeing as how it’s been beneficial for them, I don’t think they care. :haha:

They are bringing the Idol contestants to CMA Fest. It's not just ABC. The last few seasons of FOX with Scott Borchetta as the label head also did the same thing. Nick Fradiani, Clark Beckham, Trent Harmon, etc. all were at CMA Fest due to Borchetta. Since the current label is mostly related to country music, it makes sense to go to CMA Fest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

They are bringing the Idol contestants to CMA Fest. It's not just ABC. The last few seasons of FOX with Scott Borchetta as the label head also did the same thing. Nick Fradiani, Clark Beckham, Trent Harmon, etc. all were at CMA Fest due to Borchetta. Since the current label is mostly related to country music, it makes sense to go to CMA Fest. 

Idol has their own meet and greet booth. It has Iam, Megan, Colin and Haven last year. ( I think) I didn't wait in that long line because I didn't really care about any of them. But yeah it's not just country singers there.

Edited by QueenKalie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Idol has their own meet and greet booth. It has Iam, Megan, Colin and Haven last year. ( I think) I didn't wait in that long line because I didn't really care about any of them. But yeah it's not just country singers there.

Wé was there last year as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

That line was like over an hour long. I went to meet Kimberly Perry from the Band Perry instead of waiting in that disaster of a line though. :dead:

lol so did we but that’s because the only person we had any interest in meeting was Colin. :dead:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I absolutely cannot believe there is a top anything this season without Quintavious. I know we had 3 worship singers, and though I am not religious, I felt every single thing that man sang. His vocals were just impeccable. 

 

My top 3 went home in one fell swoop. And I can deal with Jennifer and Mackenzie, but Quintavious just hurts. 

 

Jennifer Jeffries has such a unique tone and I love her song writing - there was no one like her. There are 29212923234 million Will Moseley's out there. That one kinda stings.

 

As for Mackenzie Sol, I think he will do fine for himself if he really wants to. He has a huge social media fanbase already and now that he's been on Idol performing to a new audience, I think he will be fine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...