KelseyW

So what are you guys hoping for out of Abi’s original music?  I’d love to see her in the genre of an Adele, Celine, etc, rather than say Taylor Swift, whom she says is her favorite artist 🤦🏻‍♂️.  Her voice is too magical and she’s too skilled not to write and sing big songs with demanding vocals. 

Actually, her original song on Tik Tok called Toxic is a great example of how she might be able to utilize her vocal skills on a melody and concept that feels mainstream. I think the lyrics need some tweaking to make it a little less silly, but that one could be a hit for her.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LuckyCajun said:

So what are you guys hoping for out of Abi’s original music?  I’d love to see her in the genre of an Adele, Celine, etc, rather than say Taylor Swift, whom she says is her favorite artist 🤦🏻‍♂️.  Her voice is too magical and she’s too skilled not to write and sing big songs with demanding vocals. 

she obviously a really versatile vocal range and artistic abilities so i'm honestly here for whatever she does.

tbh i'm not really a huge fan of the sonic direction of "It's All Love" and "This Isn't Over." they sound great because Abi's amazing singer, but sonically and lyrically they give me 2013 inspirational pop vibes lol.

i'd like her to explore a sound similar to Billie Eillish - moody alt pop/indie/rock. emphasis on the rock part (and perhaps even nu-metal?) because i do think her tone shines in a different way on heavier music. her most viral performance besides her audition was Bring Me to Life for a reason!

like you said i would also love to hear her write some epic power ballads in the vein of Olivia Rodrigo's "driver's license" and "vampire"

Edited by m1key
  • Like 4

Great response m1key. I agree that she sounds great on rock stuff. 

I think It’s All Love was her taking a swing at a viral song not necessarily her artistic vision. It’s fun but could be sung by 1000 other girls. 

This Isn’t Over was closer to what I’m hoping for, but it’s so short it doesn’t feel complete.  I think she felt the need to touch on that subject preemptively and rushed a song out. 

I think what she does next will finally be her own complete vision and I’m looking forward to it. 

Edited by LuckyCajun

4 hours ago, m1key said:

she obviously a really versatile vocal range and artistic abilities so i'm honestly here for whatever she does.

tbh i'm not really a huge fan of the sonic direction of "It's All Love" and "This Isn't Over." they sound great because Abi's amazing singer, but sonically and lyrically they give me 2013 inspirational pop vibes lol.

i'd like her to explore a sound similar to Billie Eillish - moody alt pop/indie/rock. emphasis on the rock part (and perhaps even nu-metal?) because i do think her tone shines in a different way on heavier music. her most viral performance besides her audition was Bring Me to Life for a reason!

like you said i would also love to hear her write some epic power ballads in the vein of Olivia Rodrigo's "driver's license" and "vampire"

She’s very similar to Billie Eillish, so I also would like to hear her do moody alt pop/indie/rock songs.  And I loved her version of “Bring Me To Life”!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

She’s very similar to Billie Eillish, so I also would like to hear her do moody alt pop/indie/rock songs.  And I loved her version of “Bring Me To Life”!

Let it be known that I imagined her performing this exactly one week before it happened. And let's just say Jena and Sonika have a new leader in that department.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NGL2008 said:

Let it be known that I imagined her performing this exactly one week before it happened. And let's just say Jena and Sonika have a new leader in that department.

Oh yeah!  In fact, I would highly recommend that nobody else should try “Bring Me To Life”, at least not for a very long while.  They’ll be trying to surpass Abi and will probably come up short.

• Like 1

Just now, CarmenSandiego said:

Oh yeah!  In fact, I would highly recommend that nobody else should try “Bring Me To Life”, at least not for a very long while.  They’ll be trying to surpass Abi and will probably come up short.

on the note of "bring me to life": i remember people trying to criticize abi being like "i'm TIRED of people SINGING this SONG on this SHOW" as if it hadn't been eight years and seven seasons since anybody had performed bring me to life on the idol stage. like the revisionist history was CRAZY when she performed that week 

• Haha 3

Abi’s performing at a hockey game again tonight. It’s not the national anthem this time, though. It’s just described as a “special performance”. 

hopefully she kills it as usual and we get some footage. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LuckyCajun said:

Abi’s performing at a hockey game again tonight. It’s not the national anthem this time, though. It’s just described as a “special performance”. 

hopefully she kills it as usual and we get some footage. 

Same here!

3 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

abi posted on her story that she'll perform the national anthem tonight at the acrisure arena where the coachella valley firebirds vs hershey bears are playing

Again???

Why was it labeled a special performance then? 🤔 

• Like 1

Just saw the whole performance on TikTok. Really good. She also gave the most info I’ve seen so far. She’s been back to Nashville since the first trip, is going to Minneapolis next week then Dallas the following. She also snnounce a show at her local arena. Pretty awesome to hear sounds like things are moving in the background 

• Like 1

oop she changed her pfp on instagram too! a new era begins 💜

that venue has a capacity of 11,000 people which is a lot. i'm guessing it will be an official homecoming concert of sorts? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1