• Jenna Marquis - Teenage Dirtbag
    • Ephraim Owens - Beneath your Beautiful
  2. 2. Grade Episode 2

• A (Amazing)
    • B (Good)
    • C (Ok)
    • D (Subpar)
    • F (Fail)

Usually the short episodes are considerably lower quality but I this one wasn't that bad.

Ruby might be the best vocal showcase yet (alongside Deejay but ik that's unpopular)

Ephram and Julia were good.

And  Jenna and Juliette have some potential imo 

OK 2nd episode. I feel like we're ramping up to even more talent next week.

....Unique arrangment?

5. Juliette Ojeda

Not enough angst

4. Jenna Marquis

You should have sung rock

3. Ephraim Owens

As pleasant as can be

2. Julia Roome

Now she's just showing off

1. Ruby Leigh

Another C. There´s good singers shown so far, but only a couple have really managed to get my full attention. One of them was aired tonight.

Atta (country) girl. Spectacular.

1. Ruby

There´s hints of a good rasp for rock there, but he went for the wrong song/genre. 

2. Ephraim

Gorgeous tone, clearly very green though.

3. Julia

Start was pretty, but vocally, it fell apart as soon as she went uptempo. But hey, hermana latina!

4. Juliette

I don´t think she gave the song the punch it needed, felt very underbaked.

5. Jenna

1. Ruby - I'm stunned omg. Such a fun and shocking performance; I gasped when she said she was 16! I hope she isn't just a "yodel gimmick" act (or is pushed to be one by the TPTB), because I really want to root for her. Gotta see some more versatility first but I'm excited for her journey.

2. Julia - I loved this omg. I can hear so many different influences in her tone that appeal to me - pop, jazz, musical theater. She definitely is a bit green but in her case I think it's something that will help her more than it will hurt her. 

3. Ephraim - Cool tone with tons of potential! There were imperfections but they added to the emotion behind the song imo. 

4. Juliette - Ooh this was camp! I don't really see her going far on here, she has much more of an "Idol" vibe to her (see Nutsa or Michelle Sussett.) Interested to see what her future performance(s) look like! 

5. Jenna - I can kinda see the appeal, but it's not for me. Her tone sounds far too jarring on this song for me to enjoy it. A ballad might make it more digestible for me.  

11 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I laughed at being the only one to pick Ephraim as the best. I also was the only one to give the episode an F so there's that also I guess. :dead:

I was being charitable by giving a C. If it was a 3rd week episode…fine, but this is premiere week! I was expecting more. I feel the same way about Monday’s episode. Hopefully, next week will be better. 

33 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I was being charitable by giving a C. If it was a 3rd week episode…fine, but this is premiere week! I was expecting more. I feel the same way about Monday’s episode. Hopefully, next week will be better. 

I liked Monday's episode so I gave it a solid B.  But I haven't found anyone I'm invested in yet. But Grace was on the last episode so there still is time.