The Voice 23 ● Live Semi-Final Top 8 Performances ● Discussion

istersay

2 minutes ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Not as sure about Chance but agree with the second part. Grace not only outperformed her but apparently pulled in a big share of the country vote's one vote.

Holly got smacked by the one vote per account issue. She gave the second best performance on Team Kelly and the second best performance by a female country singer. She would likely have gotten in if you could vote for up to 5 finalists because she was certainly second choice of many voters.

• Like 4

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, but there’s still going to be some Team Blake vote splitting, because we have some viewers who won’t vote for females. :P

True. I wonder if he will still get second? Probably not I'm guessing but it wouldn't surprise me I suppose.

Without watching the performances those are some shocking results. I had a feeling we were overestimating Holly’s chances but I still expected her to make it, and I thought Ryley was pretty much a lock

Ok so I finally watched all the performances and results..

As expected, the first lives was pretty rough, I dont think anyone was at their best tonight except maybe Grace?. But it wasn't a complete disaster.

I will say, Holly, Gina and Grace came the closest to replicating the quality of their prelive performances. I also think Sorelle, Ryley and D.Smooth and even Ray were pretty decent for the most part. The only real mess was NOIVAS, who I did not expect to have the worst performance tonight.

Now onto the results. Wow, I did not expect D.Smooth and Gina to be in the top 5 over Holly and Ryley. I'm pleasant surprised about Gina especially, I think she gave a top 3 performance of the night.

I have no real gripes about the final 5, but based on tonight I don't think NOIVAS should have made it and I would have rather seen Holly go through.

I hope he does better going forward cause it's pretty clear he can sing based on his live covers and performances on AI.

Out of the eliminated. Other than Holly, I would have liked Ryley. He was a bit messier than the likes of D. Smooth and Sorelle during the middle part of his song. But the start was arguably the best sounding live vocal to me, and his potential is absolutely through the roof.

Anyways, can't be said enough that this format more than any other, does the contestants absolutely no justice and doesn't allow for growth or comfortability singing live. I'm sure many would have improved with more live rounds.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2