Contestants with Amazing Stage Presence

Bouli

Inspired by NOIVAS's "I Put a Spell on You."

Who are other performers who just rock the entire room with their sheer presence?

I'd start with these:

• Kimberly Nichole (S8)
  • Chris Blue (S12)
  • Chloe Kohanski (S13 - I wasn't her biggest fan, but MAN, she took comMAND of that stage, especially on her more upbeat songs)
  • Kyla Jade (S14 - watch "You Don't Own Me" if you wanna know why; she took command of the stage even when she wasn't moving)
  • Rayshun LaMarr (S14)
  • Omar Jose Cardona (S21)
  • Troy Ritchie (S7)
  • Kat Robichaud (S5)
  • Michelle Chamuel (S4)

How about some others?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I really love that both of my male snowflakes from s22 and s23 love playing with the mic stand. :giggle:

Now I’m reminded of when Omar raised the mic stand when he hit the last high note in Blind Audition, especially since that’s where the last coach turned for him

• Like 2

On 5/4/2023 at 9:53 PM, allistr said:

Eric Who.

Forever an injustice that they never posted the full performance of "Exes and Oh's."  That man crawled across the stage, and they wouldn't let us look at the whole thing.

On 5/4/2023 at 6:54 PM, istersay said:

Sandy Redd

Janice Freema

For Sandy, that moment she tossed her hair around during "River" was iconic. She was just awesome.

For Janice, she was one of those singers who commanded the entire stage with her powerful voice and body. She felt every single note in her body, and it was chillingly good. RIP :(

• Like 4

Chris Blue deserves props here, especially for the handiwork of "Rhythm Nation" that actually got minivan (or more likely, casuals) to seal him tha win.

But just for kicks, I'll throw everyone in a loop and go back to vintage Jared Blake for this. The guitar showboating, the horns!, riding the douchebag lyrics, the desperate grungy wails and the smirky reactions of the judges all made this one awesome.

Edited by jork
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, jork said:

Chris Blue deserves props here, especially for the handiwork of "Rhythm Nation" that actually got minivan (or more likely, casuals) to seal him tha win.

But just for kicks, I'll throw everyone in a loop and go back to vintage Jared Blake for this. The guitar showboating, the horns!, riding the douchebag lyrics, the desperate grungy wails and the smirky reactions of the judges all made this one awesome.

Performances like that just remind me of how different this show used to be. I highly doubt an audition of this song would've made it onto the show, and it has been a long time since we had a singer in that sort of lane. That was such an awesome throwback. I didn't like the performance lol, but I liked the nostalgia 😄

• 11 months later...

Arei Moon. 

The stage presence is actually her strongest weapon. She got really unlucky, even though she made the lives she couldn't perform live on that stage as S18 lives were filmed at their houses because of COVID. Performing at home really destroyed her.

• Like 1