IDF's Film Club - A Casual Rankdown - "Rotten" Films Posted

Alex95

movie_club.gif

As wonderfully suggested by @Steven_ this is a low stakes "game" to continue to introduce and discuss our favorite films with each other. I want to keep this as casual and drama-free as possible, but it's still a rankdown so there will understandably be competitiveness and strategy.

The Rules:

-Every month there is a new theme.

-Sign up for as little or as many months as you'd like. Only commit if you're sure you'll have enough time to actually watch all the films this month. If you take a month off, you're still more than welcome to join again the next month.

-When the theme is announced, you have a week to decide whether you'd like to play and post a film in the thread you'd like to see watched and ranked.

-The film can be anything you'd like, one of your favorite movies, a movie you hate and want to rant about, a movie you've been dying to rewatch, a movie you've been meaning to check out. All that matters is if it fits the theme.

-When the week is up, the films are locked in and everyone will have a month to watch the films and send me a ranking of them. Deadlines will not be strict, but will be highly recommended in order to keep the game moving.

-Comments are required. The film you submitted must have a 100+ word writeup. The rest of them don't need to be 100+ words, but comments are still mandatory, and should be more than a single word, emoji, or gif.

-I'll tally the results and post them at the start of a new month. While results are being posted, we will begin to post our new film submissions for the new month and theme.

Edited by Alex95

Apr/May Films:

Anyone But You

The Bodyguard

Coyote Ugly

D.E.B.S.

A Goofy Movie

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Murder by Numbers

Spaceballs

Apr/May Rankers:

Steven

Chris

Elliott

Megan

Andy

Alex

Tom

Rei

Edited by Alex95

For the first month it will be free choice. The theme is wide open, feel free to submit any film you'd like. I knew I said I wasn't gonna start this so soon, but with a new month just starting now it felt like the perfect time. But if we'd rather wait a bit and let the dust settle from 2000's that's fine, we can just bump the thread up again later in the month, or in June.

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

in of course!!!

Should we just post our movies now to the thread or is there some secrecy or special order that we are doing haha

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

also are we allowed to choose movies that we haven't seen ourselves lol

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

-When the theme is announced, you have a week to decide whether you'd like to play and post a film in the thread you'd like to see watched and ranked.

-The film can be anything you'd like, one of your favorite movies, a movie you hate and want to rant about, a movie you've been dying to rewatch, a movie you've been meaning to check out. All that matters is if it fits the theme.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952yqzojliaj0s5c40f828

• Haha 2

Just now, Elliott said:

If a film has alternate versions (example: Blade Runner) or a director’s cut, can we specify which version of the movie we’re wanting?

Sure, but also try to check if these alternate/director's cuts can be easily streamed or rented online. I'm not expecting people to hunt these down.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

If a film has alternate versions (example: Blade Runner) or a director’s cut, can we specify which version of the movie we’re wanting?

Elliott starting us out with the Butterfly Effect director’s cut I see. :giggle:

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

Sure, but also try to check if these alternate/director's cuts can be easily streamed or rented online. I'm not expecting people to hunt these down.

I’m in Canada though. 💀 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

Elliott starting us out with the Butterfly Effect director’s cut I see. :giggle:

peak “let’s make this already depressing movie even more depressing” :wub:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

This sounds cool but I don't know if I have it in me to watch 20 different movies.

If I get 20 people I’d be floored lmao.

Or alternatively check back in like 6 months and I’m sure we’ll be down to like 5 people interested lmao