Rank the Top 12

Elliott

Queens of Voice Idol:

1. Megan - This girl has been absolutely insane and keeps progressing each performance. I legit said "Wtf" when she was performing on Sunday, cause I didn't think she had those notes in her. 

2. We - We has also been hella talented this whole run, my only gripe is her recent song choices have been pushing her range too high. I think if she focused on her deep tone more, she could have me question my #1 for now. However she has not had a bad performance at all, incredible vocals so far as well.

3. Marybeth - She has a beautiful tone and her control is generally pretty good. I think when she pushes her range, it can be iffy or when she gets emotional, although a great singer in connecting to a performance. 

Consistent singers:

4. Iam - Highkey very overrated, but at least he's a good singer. His tone is very easy to listen to and exudes a lot of passion.

5. Warren - OTOH, Warren is lowkey underrated. He's the best country male in the competition and while his song choices could be better, he's in the top half of singers so far.

Performers:

6. Lucy - She's alright, but she needs to stop oversinging everything, if she just let her tone do the work, she wouldn't be struggling as much. I love how she looks like she's ready to fight someone, lmao.

7. Nusta - Nusta is a wildcard for me, sure she's a fine vocalist, but she needs to work on her placements and really find her musicality. She's fun to watch when she goes wild though.

They would be better with Kelly Clarkson coaching them:

8. Tyson - He should be a lot better than what he's showing. A decent vocalist, but it's like he doesn't know what to do half the time and gets nervous. Go on The Voice and have Kelly coach you to victory tbh.

9. Haven - She's actually pretty good when focusing on her originals, other than that, her covers have been awful. I'm shocked she got the vote last night. Kelly would take her to a win on The Voice though.

I see Minivan's taste will never change, no matter how bad they are:

10. Oliver - Probably the best of the weakest, I like his tone, but he needs better pitch control.

11.  Zachariah - His singing is kinda cringe, but he's had better performances, I can tell he'll stick around to be entertainment though.

12. Colin - Lmao, even when mumbling almost the whole song you will get through, wouldn't be surprised if he got cut earlier than expected or won the whole thing tbh 💀

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Zachariah kind of reminds me of Omar on the voice last season in regards to how people feel about him 

You either love him or think he's cringy, corny karaoke.

This comparison is an offense to Omar lol

/lh cause you know it’s never that serious (at least with me lol) but I can see that accusation about some of Omar’s performances, but there are some others  like STL, ITNOL, and honestly his battle and KO too that I don’t see how it’s corny or karaoke.

I know that wasn’t your opinion per se but I’m just saying in general.

Edited by nytsch
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, nytsch said:

/lh cause you know it’s never that serious (at least with me lol) but I can see that accusation about some of Omar’s performances, but there are some others  like STL, ITNOL, and honestly his battle and KO too that I don’t see how it’s corny or karaoke.

I agree with you, but I remember Omar getting a lot of criticisms in that vein. I do think it's been worse with Zachariah though and probably justified because he hasn't really shown artistry in any of his covers. At least not to the degree Omar did with radioactive and ITNOL which were vastly different to the originals.

Also should be said that Zachariah at his best doesn't match up to Omar. Though I think Zach has been noticeably more consistent imo.

9 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Zachariah kind of reminds me of Omar on the voice last season in regards to how people feel about him 

You either love him or think he's cringy, corny karaoke.

Omar was an insane vocalist though (not really a fan but at his best he was undeniable)

Zachariah is ok, but I don’t think he’s as good as some people say he is (same thing with Nutsa)

3 minutes ago, nytsch said:

I know that wasn’t your opinion per se but I’m just saying in general.

Off-topic but I lowkey hate this performance due to how corny it is :ph34rwave: 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Off-topic but I lowkey hate this performance due to how corny it is :ph34rwave: 

Yeah I can see that, I probably shouldn't have included that one but did anyway because I liked it a lot :dead:  I think his vocals were enough to make up for it imo, whereas in the POs for example it was corny and his vocals weren't enough either.

To Zachariah's credit I wouldn't have necessarily expected him to do his last 2 songs, IWTKWLI because it's slower and Hold the Line I guess just cause it's not covered very often. But the way he sang and performed them was still the same, just not for me I guess.

Oops forgot to do this last week, so doing so now.

1. Wé Ani 
2. Nutsa 
3. Lucy Love 
4. Zachariah Smith 
5. Tyson Venegas
6. Iam Tongi 
7. Marybeth Byrd
8. Oliver Steele 
9. Megan Danielle 
10. Haven Madison
11. Warren Peay 
12. Colin Stough