The Voice 23 ● The Battles Premiere ● Discussion

istersay

My internet hickup for a moment but I think 47% would steal Manasseh

Sorry Guys it was 74% I did see a 7 and a 4 for a millisecond and it just went off to the next screen so let just blame it on dislexia. :stealth:

2 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Honestly I'd go for Sorelle too, I think most of the flavor of the battle performance came from their harmonies. Manasseh sang well but it's a basic interpretation.

You worded my thoughts better than I did but yeah we are on the same page.

• Like 2

Just now, Misirlou said:

"Heads and tails above the competition"

Seems like he indeed thought of the pass as a win for her, rather than just a save.

There's where the confusion comes in. Did Sorelle win the battle, or not? That's what the audience is thinking right now

1 minute ago, kclarkson1323 said:

The playoff pass does seem ass backwards lol. It just comes across as giving the loser a free pass to the playoffs even if thats not how the coach viewed it.

It's basically a save with a different name. They can't advance them to the KO, or there would be odd numbers per team. This solves that math problem.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

He literally said, "The winner of this battle is Sorelle."

BUT . . . he also said that Manasseh's voice stands above everyone else's (which is a matter of opinion on Chance's part, but there you go), which means that he probably thought that she actually won and wanted to advance her farther.

Edited by Rodney

10 minutes ago, Rodney said:

BUT . . . he also said that Manasseh's voice stands above everyone else's (which is a matter of opinion on Chance's part, but there you go), which means that he probably thought that she actually won and wanted to advance her farther.

I’d rather be Sorelle in that situation. The only way to be eligible for the pass is for your opponent to be declared the winner first. 🤷‍♂️ 

Mr S1, casual viewer, concluded that the playoff pass recipient is the actual winner of the battle. I guess it's the confetti that gave that impression. I wonder if many casual viewers would assume that, which may help gain support for the playoff pass recipients who made the lives.

Had the opportunity to watch with my parents today.

-Really liked Tasha/EJ, but my dad was surprised Blake chose Tasha.

-Found out my mom thinks Gravity is a weird song. They all agreed the song favored Jamar.

-My dad's a Gina fan. They both liked both of them.

-My parents disagreed on who was better between Cait/Allie, but weren't surprised with the pick. They WERE surprised Allie went home without a steal though.

-They couldn't really be bothered to care about Walker/Kason lol.

-My dad let out a giant gasp unlike what I've ever heard from him when Chance picked Sorelle instead of Manasseh and was relieved by the (save?). They also kept commenting how one of the sisters looks like someone we know :haha: They enjoyed the battle though!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Had the opportunity to watch with my parents today.

-Really liked Tasha/EJ, but my dad was surprised Blake chose Tasha.

-Found out my mom thinks Gravity is a weird song. They all agreed the song favored Jamar.

-My dad's a Gina fan. They both liked both of them.

-My parents disagreed on who was better between Cait/Allie, but weren't surprised with the pick. They WERE surprised Allie went home without a steal though.

-They couldn't really be bothered to care about Walker/Kason lol.

-My dad let out a giant gasp unlike what I've ever heard from him when Chance picked Sorelle instead of Manasseh and was relieved by the (save?). They also kept commenting how one of the sisters looks like someone we know :haha: They enjoyed the battle though!

Gotta love casual viewer commentary especially when they don’t know all the results like a lot of us do lol