Jump to content

The Voice vs. American Idol


Raquel01

Recommended Posts

Just now, Teraginn said:

 

I don't know man, Colin and Warren are still there. Oliver needs to have his Stay/Dancing on My Own moment soon if he wants to make it to Top 4 (Top 3 is a crapshoot at this point).

 

Yeah he's not a lock for top 3  but probably a lock for top 5 at least. Anywhere from 3rd to 5th wouldn't shock me really. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

Maybe I should just take a break from watching singing competitions, what a sh*tshow :haha:  

 

I find that a season off can do wonders for avoiding burnout with these shows.

 

But honestly it's y'all's fault too for even considering watching AI in the first place, that show is a caricature of its former self at this point.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is why I don’t watch Idol. From what I can tell, the results on that show are even worse than on The Voice (It’s like Minivan has a stronger presence there)

 

I’m just following this season to see how the Voice Alums do

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Hsamid said:

Idk. The results were garbage but some of the performances were great. Kaeyra, Marybeth, Lucy, megan..

 

Just watched the voice performances and I don't think they match up to the best AI offered tonight

The best person is out and Marybeth is the only one left in the top 12 that I like. So while I am way behind on the voice I can't imagine it being worse than Idol. Marybeth can only carry a show for so long. :dead:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hsamid said:

Idk. The results were garbage but some of the performances were very good to great. Kaeyra, Marybeth, Lucy, megan..

 

Just watched the voice performances and I don't think they match up to the best AI offered tonight

 

Agree to disagree. There are some technically great singers on their side, but I see little artistry on the table IMO. Most of these people are still looking for artistic identities.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Looks like Wé, Marybeth and Megan made the Top 12 on Idol


One of the few good results we had 💀

 

I have to say Marybeth’s performances haven’t been as consistently good as I hoped but I’m still really pleased she made it and with an original song too.

 

Show should’ve been canceled if Wé didn’t make it /j /orami

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

 

I find that a season off can do wonders for avoiding burnout with these shows.

 

But honestly it's y'all's fault too for even considering watching AI in the first place, that show is a caricature of its former self at this point.

I mean, I just watch for the singers. Even with the results I don't regret getting invested. Definitely a few singers I will be following outside of Idol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

 

Agree to disagree. There are some technically great singers on their side, but I see little artistry on the table IMO. Most of these people are still looking for artistic identities.

I do agree a lot of contestants are looking for their identities still. But at least idol let's their contestants sing originals for more than 1 round. I think there's a bit more opportunity to show yourself as an artist on Idol but I suspect we won't agree on that either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I do agree a lot of contestants are looking for their identities still. But at least idol let's their contestants sing originals for more than 1 round. I think there's a bit more opportunity to show yourself as an artist on Idol but I suspect we won't agree on that either.

 

Fair, it's certainly nice that Idol allows that, but some of the artists singing originals this season clearly aren't ready to write their own music yet. 😶

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

Just came here to say that i find it kind of funny that 1/4 of the Top 12 on AI are former Voice contestants. l don't know, it's hilarious :giggle: (And all of them advanced via PV) 

 

Very likely that they'll all make it to the Top 10 by PV too lol. Avenging Allegra.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Daillon said:

Maybe I should just take a break from watching singing competitions, what a sh*tshow :haha:  

Yeah, let's just change idolforums to DWTSForums. We'll watch DWTS (R.I.P. Len), Masterchef, and Wheel Of Forunte! I know that DWTS and Masterchef already have posts on here, in other sections. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, EZFR said:

Yeah, let's just change idolforums to DWTSForums. We'll watch DWTS (R.I.P. Len), Masterchef, and Wheel Of Forunte! I know that DWTS and Masterchef already have posts on here, in other sections. 

I meant wheel of fortune.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have we had any robberies on TV as egregious as Kaeyra getting eliminated last night in recent memory? Girl was like Top 3 practically every week in performance quality then not only does America let her down, but the judges didn’t save her either???? 

  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Have we had any robberies on TV as egregious as Kaeyra getting eliminated last night in recent memory? Girl was like Top 3 practically every week in performance quality then not only does America let her down, but the judges didn’t save her either???? 


We’d have to base it on Live Playoffs, since that’s basically the only round that combines both. I can’t think of many at the moment. When I’ve had a favorite get eliminated in live playoffs, they weren’t the best on their team that round, so I’d say no.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...